[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've been depressed for a while and suicidal (sometimes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 379px-Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Sorrow.jpg (82KB, 379x599px) Image search: [Google]
379px-Vincent_van_Gogh_-_Sorrow.jpg
82KB, 379x599px
I've been depressed for a while and suicidal (sometimes I think about it a lot, sometimes not as much), and I make cancerous jokes about throwing myself off a bridge etc.
There's an adult in my life who I respect and who seems to me very rational and understanding.
I used to go to a psychologist. Two people know a bit about my mental state, but none in a position of authority or have a lot of knowledge on the matter.
This person I mentioned earlier also mentione once we should take people who talk or joke about suicide seriously. I really want to tell her how I feel. I want someone to know-someone who can maybe help?

But I am not 100% sure. Would it be safe to do that? I don't want her to just tell me to go to a shrink and point at the door.
>>
>>17943918
>suicidal
is this an american thing? i never heard this other than on internet. you either kill yourself, or at least try to, or you say you want to kill yourself and people will take it seriously if you say so. but on internet everybody is suicidal this suicidal that. sounds like teenage angst honestly
>>
>>17943946

''or you say you want to kill yourself and people will take it seriously if you say so''

and I've said I am suicidal- just because this is the internet, it's teenage angst? because so many other people say it?
>>
File: download.jpg (4KB, 200x252px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 200x252px
>>17943999
i said sounds like but

you got the fuckin trips man omg fuck this shit its doin dooooooowwwnnnnnnnnn
>>
>>17943946
someone who is "suicidal" is either actively making attempts on their own life, or idealizing thoughts about doing so.

Any joke about committing suicide, that isn't a plain and obvious joke, should at least be given a second look.
>>
>>17943918
talk to someone about this.
>>
>>17943918
OP, if you look up to and respect this person, they should be your first port of call. Ask them if you can have a chat with them about some issues you've been having, that you'd really appreciate some advice. No good person will turn down a request like that.

Find a private place, maybe go out for a walk or a coffee, but go somewhere you're not likely to be interrupted or have somebody else suddenly turn up. Sit with them and tell them you've been having some issues, and that you'd like to talk about them, to get them off your chest. Tell them they don't have to say anything to begin with, that you need to vocalize your issues, and that it would be good if they could just listen.

Getting things off your chest and having somebody just listen to you will do you wonders. Being able to put your concerns and problems into words will help you rationalize your own thoughts, plus having someone to confide in is more important than many people realize. You're already considering it, which is good - now go through with it. Everything else will come to nothing if you hold back at this point. Step up.

All the best, OP. Be strong.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.