[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /adv/, 18 year old in college here. I'm still technically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1483967479202.jpg (428KB, 1600x1064px) Image search: [Google]
1483967479202.jpg
428KB, 1600x1064px
Hey /adv/, 18 year old in college here. I'm still technically in high school but I take all my classes at college.

My mom is trying to force me to get a job even though I pay my car insurance entirely, forces me to borrow her money, and still hasn't given me her tax information for the FAFSA.

I have a 4.0 collegiate gpa and she's trying to force me to work because "she did", when she failed out of uni and cosmetology school.

How the fuck do I deal with this? I might just join the navy so I can stop talking to her and not need her for the FAFSA as she's starting to be a fucking leech and I'm sure she's not above not helping me with my FAFSA down the line if I refuse to borrow her cash.

Also, I pay all my bills, I just saved up a lot during high school and now literally don't need a job for these months before college.
>>
how does she force you to borrow money?
>>
>>17943286
She basically forces me to loan her $100 or more so she can pay bills because she literally can't pay her bills with a salary of $50,000 a year somehow. I assume if I don't borrow her the cash she'll kick me out as she often threatens to do, even though I'm still in high school.
>>
>>17943295
oh she forces you to LEND her money
>>
>>17943300
Yeah, sorry Minnesotan accent.

Any advice though? Feels like military is my only real option now as if she doesn't fill out the FAFSA I'm fucked loan and scholarship wise.
>>
>>17943280
Tell her to suck your dick or get off your back
>>
>>17943308
This, stand up to her. Tell her you'll fucking leave and you don't need this shit.

Honestly she's probably just terrified that you're leaving and she is trying to keep you down because she doesn't want her baby to leave.

If you want to do it softly then speak with her about this. Tell her she needs to let you go and she's not doing the right thing for you as a mom by trying to keep you home forever.
>>
>>17943300
Why can't dumbfuck midwesterners get this shit right? I heard this shit so many times during the two years I lived in Wisconsin.

Get your thumbs out of your asses, idiots.
>>
>>17943323
It's almost the opposite. She's essentially trying to do the opposite and completely oppose me going to college, but encourage me to go into the army.

It's fucking creepy because she fetishizes soldiers, and I refuse to let her do that to me.

She thinks it's impossible to pay for school with loans because she failed out twice while having two kids to support.

The Army is fine, but I won't be forced into it, because that's fucking bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_20170110_173157.jpg (139KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170110_173157.jpg
139KB, 640x480px
>>17943280
>>
>>17943280
How do you get money without a job?
>>
>>17943280
Personally, I think it's a good idea to have at least a part time job throughout college, that way there isn't a huge gap in your resume, and when you start applying for jobs you can have job experience.

Just get a fun social job like bartending for some extra cash, you won't regret it.

As far as your mom goes, stop accepting money from her, she's going to use that as a crutch in any argument you ever have about money. That's how women tend to be.

Apply for FAFSA on your own, or move out and claim yourself as independent. Just do everything on your own.

Trust me, they want to lend you money. They will find a way to lend you money for school.
>>
>>17943300
AHHH this had me confused as well.

This problem is larger than I thought then, you really have to just get out of there or stand your ground man
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.