[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you plan out a first date with a girl? All of my relationships

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (7KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7KB, 284x177px
How do you plan out a first date with a girl? All of my relationships just kind of happend, I've never had to "date" a girl into becoming my girlfriend before.

I've asked out this girl I like and she said yes, and now I don't know whether to ask for input from her or to just tell her what we're doing and when. Also unsure if the usual drinks/dinner and movie is a safe bet or to try do some activity like bowling or ice skating. It's hard to plan when you know very little about the girls interests and comfort zone.
>>
>>17943123
You wanna go to a place where you are comfortable at. thats should be your main concern since you asked her out.
I took my now current gf to go hangout with me at 7-eleven while we smoked cigarettes in the parking lot and ate burritos. why?
Because thats what i do every weekend regardless (the 2nd date we went to a restaurant)

now some uppity girls might expect to be wine and dine but frankly you shouldn't date somebody that high maintenance tbqh
>>
>>17943141

That's very good advice thanks. I'm comfortable doing anything but honestly feel like activity based dates might get boring pretty quickly for me, despite the company. Movie and dinner is pretty cruisy and enjoyable, but I also think because it's something we will likely be doing a lot if she becomes my girlfriend it might be better left to later. I guess that just leaves maybe going to the beach, having some drinks and going for a late night walk or something.

I don't think this girl is high maintenance at all, I just don't want to choose the wrong activity to suit her personality, because I don't know enough about her yet. Would asking for her input be too cowardly? Or suggesting something and asking for any alternatives she could think of.
>>
>>17943154
>Would asking for her input be too cowardly?
saying "Are you cool with hanging out at the beach and having some drinks later" should be fine IMO
>>
>>17943154
>Would asking for her input be too cowardly? Or suggesting something and asking for any alternatives she could think of.
I hate when guys do that, honestly. Shows some lack of decisiveness that drives me insane.

Tell her what you'd like to do, don't make things complicated or pressure her into having an idea. It's just a first date, it doesn't have to be a marriage proposal with fireworks and a flashmob.
>>
>>17943123
I usually meet girls through the bar that I bartend at (they're usually either the servers who work there or they work through the tech company that's in the building next door).

If we get too drunk and hook up or something I'll usually get their number and we'll get sushi or something later in the week to see if we actually like each other.

If that goes well I'll introduce her to my friends and we'll go to some of the cool grunge-y bars I know about on the East side of town, or go see some weird band at a cheap music venue.

Usually I get to this third stage and realize that I'm too poor to afford a girlfriend and it kind of tapers off or we just go our separate ways.
>>
There's a lot of "philosophy" around this issue. I think that the best dates are the ones where you do more than one thing. And dinner, drinks and movies isn't doing more than one thing, because you're pretty much doing the same thing. Sitting down and talking. It is a safe bet, but it's a boring one too.
If you really want to be get invested you could try something like this. Go do some neutral activity like bowling or minigolf, then go get some drinks and then go do a more intimate activity, like ice skating or dancing.

Keeping it simple, like coffee or a walk in the park is not a terrible idea either, especially if you're not sure how much you like her yet. That can be fun and pleasant, but it most likely won't be a very memorable date.

If you're worried she might not feel comfortable doing a certain activity you could ask her, something like "I was thinking about going to x, sounds good?".
>>
>>17943164
>>17943169

Good advice too, thanks.

I'll likely go with having a basic outline and asking if she's cool with that. Likely drinks on the beach or something. I figure the majority should be spent getting to know each other so I don't really want to go to a movie, or an exhausting outdoor activity where the focus is on not falling over or not running out of breath (ice skating/hikes)
>>
>>17943123
Why not do something you're both interested in?

With one girl I dated, we skateboarded around town (we were 20 alright) and then we went to a local supermarket and got a whole bunch of weird fruits and ate them.

It was a cool first date.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.