[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in a committed loving relationship, and have been for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_20161018-210557~2.jpg (450KB, 894x1447px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20161018-210557~2.jpg
450KB, 894x1447px
I'm in a committed loving relationship, and have been for quite a while. I have had a very clear opinion about how I don't want children, but my partner has expressed it as something he might want and also argued against my reasons for not wanting and disregarded them. I'm worried he might think that I will change my mind about it or give in. I don't want him to miss out on something he wants. Neither of us wants to break up, but what if no one changes their mind? Is our relationship doomed because of this? Everything else is perfect
>>
If you're not going to give him children he may aswell throw you to the curb.
>>
>>17941355

>is our relationship doomed because of this

all relationships are doomed. the divorce rate isn't sky rocketing becuase people ahve changed, its sky rocketing because divorce is now an option. funny how as soon as it became legal people began to use it.

and yes, some people make it to death and not even young death. but of those people you have a lot that are simply cheating on each other, no longer having sex, or downright miserable.

yes some people make it to the end and are happy and had pretty decent marriages despite some hurdles. but the large majority do not.

so what should you do? just enjoy the relationship while it lasts. why not? does it matter if you're still with him 20 years from now? at some point you'll probably braek up for completely different reasons, and even if you don't, this will be the one to do it.

if he ever proposes say you can't marry him because he wants kids and you still don't.

until then, enjoy the ride, and if asked, stand by what you said: no kids.
>>
>>17941362
I wish it was that easy. I did consider having children just because he wanted them, but I don't think the children would have a very good mom or childhood if I did that
>>
>>17941372
>divorce
We don't have plans on ever getting married, we see no reason for it.
>enjoy the ride while it lasts
Isn't that cruel to both of us? I would rather rip the bandaid off fast and save us pain, but I don't think either of us could actually do it
>>
>>17941355
Agree to have a child, then get pregnant. Afterwards, pretend to have an "accident" and abort the child.

Then shame your partner repeatedly, telling him your dead child will haunt you forever.
>>
>>17941385

why bother eating if you'll just be hungry again in a few hours?

if something makes you happy, enjoy it for as long as both of you are happy. your boyfriends deluding himself by thinking this will have a happy ending, but thats okay, so is just about everyone else in life.

a thing isn't beautiful because it lasts.
>>
>>17941393
That's fucked up. If a woman ever did that to me I'd do damage to her.
>>
There is no practical reason to continue the relationship. That is one of the few obstacles that can't be avoided without one party giving in. There isn't a middle, you do or don't. I think you should end it now. It's gonna hurt and your heart will probably break but it will be considerably worse if you prolong the inevitable. This is just a single persons opinion take from it what you will. Please whatever you do decide make sure it was based on more than just fleeting feelings. Good luck to both of you.
>>
>>17941394
But I have not been interested in anyone else, I considered myself pretty much "asexual" before him. So giving him up might be giving up the best thing that's happened to me. I don't think that I would be able to handle that.
>>
>>17941420
I appreciate the cynical view even if it's not what I wanna hear. Thank you
>>
>>17941374
What, are you fucked up or something?
>>
>>17941438
No, I just have no maternal feelings whatsoever and I'm not very fond of children at all. I don't think the children deserve an unloving mother
>>
>>17941447
Have you thought that it maybe would change when you have the child? You know, the hormones and all that shite.
>>
>>17941451
I'm no scientist, but I don't think there are hormones enough to make me want to raise a kid for 18+ years.
>>
>>17941471
I suppose
>>
>>17941424

if ur gonna kill urself after you break up with someone then you need therapy.
>>
>>17941506
That was not what I meant.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.