[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really don't want to go to my boyfriend's little

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

I really don't want to go to my boyfriend's little sister's birthday party, but I think this would get him really pissed. Should I suck it up and go?

Thing is, we've been dating for about two years, and I always hate going to these family things of his, but I've never said anything because he's kind of touchy. Everytime I go, I feel excluded and weird, everyone's always on their phones or talking about really trivial shit, like literally the weather. I've tried to talk to them past that, like when they ask me how college is going I try to give them a really long and descriptive answer, but you can tell they're uninterested and would've prefered a "it's going fine". Point it, every time I go, I always need a drink to kind of get through it, but he has the kind of family that doesn't want their son to drink even if he's of age so there goes that.

The only reason I'm considering to suck it up and go is because he always goes to my family things, but the only difference is that he actually like going. I'm not saying that because I'm in some sort of denial, but my family always offer him drinks, sing and dance with him, and even include him in jam sessions, not to mention talk to him very deeply about things. I can tell he enjoys it.

I feel like this is going to be a problem in the future if I don't say something now, but maybe I should suck it up if it's the right thing to do.
>>
File: Four_White_People.gif (183KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
Four_White_People.gif
183KB, 640x640px
>>17939320
Lmao white families amirite?
>>
>>17939354
lol
>>
U luv him rite? Go. Find 1 person u can connect with to make it bearable. I know it can be rough. Gotta be someone there cool. It just one part of a day. Once you get there you can just always be looking forward to then end. Then when its done u made it.
>>
>>17939361
Seriously though, my gf's family is like this. They're all nice people, but I feel totally suffocated when there's a family thing. Doesn't help that I'm neet mode.
>>
>>17939365
Shouldn't I tell him at some point in our relationship?
>>
>>17939367
Yeah, his family is very nice, but they make me feel like I'm odd every time I talk
>>
>>17939370
You should. Maybe ask him to help make it easier for you somehow when you go to these things. Help you find common ground with family members or some other shit. Just make it known you feel uncomfortable sometimes from these events but you go for HIM
>>
>>17939388
All right. Thanks
>>
>>17939378
It happens. At least now you'll appreciate Meet the Parents.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.