[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay /adv/, I just landed a job after being a NEET for like a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: 1391793222237.png (96KB, 297x237px) Image search: [Google]
1391793222237.png
96KB, 297x237px
Okay /adv/, I just landed a job after being a NEET for like a year, and would like to ask for advise.

How do I make this job a success, not just in career but also to have good relationships with my office-mates?

I've been with 4 companies by now, and from all 4, i had the same issue with the team/officemates I was with. And that issue was fitting in. I'm not really a very serious character nor am I silent "feeling cool" guy. I'm not butt-ugly, and I start/make conversations with people when needed.

I always tend to be the one break the ice and make people become friends, but afterwards i'm left as the loner.

This will be my 5th company, and I really don't want to transfer in the next few years. So, how do I become a better person and/or make better relationships with people?
>>
File: cade.gif (2MB, 335x258px) Image search: [Google]
cade.gif
2MB, 335x258px
bumping with cat gifs.
>>
>>17939065
do your job well and figure out how the company works so you can do your job better and suggest things to make the whole company better. stop being a character. you aren't there to make friends.
>>
>>17939108
>do your job well and figure out how the company works so you can do your job better and suggest things to make the whole company better.

I actually do this with the companies I've worked for, but thanks for the reminder.

>you aren't there to make friends.

Yet people around you expect you to do so.

Having a job isn't always about producing successful results at times, i think it's a balance between work and human relations within the offices.

Well this is my theory anyway, and I fail to execute this.

Because from previous experiences, even if you're the most productive, there are times you are frowned upon by others by doing so, and leaves you to become the "loser who eats alone at lunch".

>stop being a character

It's hard not being one, when most of the people you get to work with are man-children who thinks and act like they're cool and demeaning.
>>
>>17939135
office work isn't about working as hard as possible. it is about finding the balance that keeps things running smoothly. work as hard as they do, not harder.

everyone is just kinda faking it and trying to make something work...
>>
>>17939142
>everyone is just kinda faking it and trying to make something work...

This, actually.

Most of the people I worked with are like that, they make it look like they're actually doing something when the boss is there, and quickly switch to being lazy asses when the boss is out. Worse, when push comes to shove, they dump the work load onto the new guy, which is usually me. And I end up doing all the work, because otherwise no work will be done. And when production results comes out, and I get the sparkly highseat on the rankings, they go full defeatist mode and make it out that you were stealing their production and in turn makes you their enemy, thus the "loser who eats lunch alone".

Can't a guy just do a fucking earnest job, and not be ridiculed by doing?
>>
>>17939170
Capitalism is poison.
>>
Why is society such a bitch? I get where OP is coming from, that to actually gain people's trust or get approval to join social cliques, one needs to lower his or her intelligence.

I really hate doing that desu.
>>
>>17939170
That is why you don't do everything for them.

Do your job and only about half of what they do not do. Not half their job, half of what is not done.

This way when the boss rolls around and wants to know why shit isnt getting finished they see that you were "trying" to cover for other people's inadequacies. The other person cant blame you for taking their work since they were not even getting their partial work load finished.

The key is to look like an overachiever and team player, not to make yourself look better than the others. Looking better than your coworkers comes automatically if you let them show their own inadequacies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.