[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how do i get over my unereasonable desire for independence and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1614.jpg (106KB, 385x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1614.jpg
106KB, 385x500px
how do i get over my unereasonable desire for independence and my pride?
those two things have always been what my father stressed most and i have always been very grateful for that. it made me a capable girl. but now i am getting married and we will try to get pregnant too. i am excited and happy for the times to come. but i can't shake the feeling of being trapped. i fear that i will become a bland doormat. god damn, i'm sitting in my car right now, ready to go to work and i can't stand the tought of not having THAT anymore for so long. but i also don't want to be a working mom the first two years. i don't want to be one of those endlessly stressed individuals that just rush around and forgett to enjoy life inbetween. i WANT to be there for the baby, for my husband, make a cozy home for us. but i am pretty paranoid about getting caged and losing all personality and just be "mom" anymore.
i can't stand the thought of being financially dependand on my husband. i don't want to have to explain every purchase i make. it feels so supervised.

what is wrong with me?
>>
>>17938876
Every one hits sad ruts, they can last months. You can have doubts and even have those things combined, but you're in crunch time. Do you love your husband? Do you want to be with him? ask those questions to yourself and they should be yes, otherwise you shouldn't have made him your husband and have only yourself to blame for that.

Don't you want to bring a life into existence that came from you? if you don't you should probably take some more time to appreciate the good parts of how great humanity is. At the worst we're pretty much second only to dogs in terms of how great we can be, humans can be pretty great.

You're starting a family, you have a much more active and vital role in how everything sails than you realize, just calm down and don't do stupid shit, it's a lot easier than you'd think.
>>
you can still be a mom whilst following your dreams. hire a baby sitter. have a relative over. let you baby visit her grandparents so they can cover for you while you are working. remember, you only have to work for 8 hrs a day. or better yet get a baby when you're 30+. at least you have had a stable income by then or a business. just plan it out. don't get a baby too fast. it's not a thing you have to have early. enjoy yourselves while you are young.
>>
>>17938885
i love him very much and i really want to have a family with him.
i just wsnt it all. if i do something, i want to do it right, no half assed stuff. that's why i don't want to try to keep doing a GOOD job at work and be a good mom too.
i know k can have both, but not at the same time. i'm probably just a bit jittery about all the changes that are coming at me.

>>17938903
the organizastion would not be a problem at all. that's easy. but i don't want to let others raise my kid. if i have a kid, i will look after it and be there for it. as i said above, no half assed stuff on my watch.

i'm already almost 30 and we both have a good income. so that's not a problem. i also don't think i missed out on anything. i'm ready to settle by any standart. i guess i just fear to end up like my mom. no own opinion and interests. no passion and no goals. basically just "existing" to attend to others needs and wants. i am disgusted by that.
>>
Why is your husband making you explain every purchase? Why can't you both just go part time (say, 3 days a week) and both be there for the baby?

I understand your fears, because I have them too, but why are you assuming it only has to be you who has to make any sacrifice? What about your husband? Who earns more anyway?
>>
>>17938876
lmao you fell for feminist lies

the most satisfied people in the world are mothers
>>
>>17938977
The thing about that study is that the housewives of the western world CHOSE that and are the ones who will be satisfied by that lifestyle. It's not to say that every woman would find that life fulfilling. Many would feel stifled and unfulfilled, if the housework and childrearing was their life.

Work isn't very fun for most people, not just women.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.