[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 30 years old. I've never been accused of being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Stop-Being-Needy-and-Insecure.jpg (39KB, 400x306px) Image search: [Google]
Stop-Being-Needy-and-Insecure.jpg
39KB, 400x306px
I'm 30 years old. I've never been accused of being needy, or clingy, or desperate in a relationship, but it's only because I've forever put such a conscientious effort into
"playing it cool."

It's tiresome.

I don't think I've ever been in a relationship where I didn't have this constant fear of "if you do these things, you run the risk of losing her." It's textbook abandonment issues, I know.

I'm wondering if anyone here in a lasting relationship who has struggled with this overcame it, and if so, how. What does it take to feel secure with your significant other? I worry that I'm too naturally sensitive to ego motivations and to the conditional nature of relationships to not feel like I need to be constantly working to keep my partner.
>>
>>17938029
Holy shit. You are putting pussy on the pedestal. You need to exclusively date women who aren't Westernized ASAP.
>>
>>17938029
You should learn to be secure in yourself. You don't need anyone to feel secure and fulfilled.
>>
>>17938029
Males with beta personalities, like yours, accommodate and see to a woman's every need and are the reason why Western women have become insufferably entitled. Please stop.
>>
>>17938061
Pretty sure it was the alpha males who treated women like property that got the feminists all riled up and ruined it for everyone.

No one was marching through the streets with "HE'S TOO NICE!" signs.
>>
>>17938049
How do I go about doing that? Tall order, I know.

Do I start seeing a therapist or something?
>>
Improve yourself until you would be fine and happy even if your gf dumped you unexpectedly.

Learn to love people in a way that makes them feel free. Clinginess is not love. Attachment is not love.
>>
>>17938207
I don't think what you're describing is a real thing.

My folks have been together for over 30 years and love each other about as much as two people can. Neither of them would just go "c'est la vie" if the other one came to them with divorce papers tomorrow.

Maybe not clinginess, but attachment is definitely a part of love. In fact, I'd argue it's inherent to love.
>>
>>17938029
>I'm 30 years old. I've never been accused of being needy, or clingy, or desperate in a relationship, but it's only because I've forever put such a conscientious effort into "playing it cool."

Well I tried that too but the effort made it uneasy and me unable to mask this I guess. I believe this is the reason my relationship will end as soon as my gf decides to talk to me again (she currently took "time off" to give herself the chance to deal with some stuff). She said it was a big problem that I put her on a pedestal and that she thinks I lose my individuality over it. I just like and miss her so much and the waiting and prospect of losing her (which I'm sure will be the outcome) is currently killing me (and it literally feels like this).

I consider getting help as well, but I'm not sure therapies for that case exist nor who I should see as a first step.
>>
you dont need to play it cool

you need to understand theres gona be another woman if she bails, so no reason to be afraid

a woman who loves you, will care and make you feel secure, you will feel safe and you wont be thinking about the "DO NOTs"

it takes love, patience and effort
not just from you

your part is to communicate your needs well
if shes a toddler in mind (many are, holy shit, half of adult women never grow up)

not saying you should be upfront about this from day 1, but when you share things and it feels right to tell her, you can open up slowly
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.