[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

who else here /unlovable/ >girls find you repulsive >no

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: suicide-silhouette-stencil-green.png (205KB, 920x1294px) Image search: [Google]
suicide-silhouette-stencil-green.png
205KB, 920x1294px
who else here /unlovable/

>girls find you repulsive
>no wants to be friends
>parents consider you a disappoint
>relatives give no shits about you
>neighbours call you names
>good grades, but professors find you insufferable
>store employees treat you like dirt
>anyone you meet at a bar or in public tells you to fuck off
>boss goes on about how replaceable you are
>even your cat tries to avoid affection

all I really want is to be myself. and this is what always happens. even in childhood.
>>
>>17935225
Why?
>>
>>17935229
because I don't want the stress of constantly acting and putting up a front. I just want to be me and not have to put any more effort into it than I am other things in life.
>>
>>17935237
Yeah but what kind of personality is "you"? Nobody wants to put up a front.
>>
>>17935245
just me being me. I don't know what else you expect me to say.
>>
>>17935251
Define your personality?
>>
>>17935237
>constantly acting and putting up a front.
Nah man, fake it til you make it.
Put up a front that is likable and eventually that positive front just becames habitual/normal

and vice versa, a front that is unlikable yadayadayada
>>
>>17935251
Being honest with yourself is a generally good thing, but if everyone who knows you in a personal and professional setting treats you like a cunt, you probably act like a cunt.

So what is it? Inability to empathize? Tendency towards negativity and hostility, assuming the worst of everything and everyone? Whining? Laziness? Openly expressing r9k-tier socially unacceptable views about the world/politics/women/minorities?

Give us something to work with.

Different anon btw
>>
>>17935261
oh, I don't know then. never thought about it. aloof, maybe?

>>17935262
that still sounds like being a different person.

>>17935266
>if everyone who knows you in a personal and professional setting treats you like a cunt, you probably act like a cunt.
I'm not, though. I've only known people to be hostile towards me.

>Inability to empathize?
you get seen as intrusive and needy for trying to show care.

>Tendency towards negativity and hostility
don't speak when spoken to.

>assuming the worst of everything and everyone?
I try not making assumptions in general.

>Whining?
not unless asked.

>Laziness?
work hard to keep grades or keep at job.

>Openly expressing r9k-tier socially unacceptable views about the world/politics/women/minorities?
don't like /r9k/ or /pol/.

>Give us something to work with.
like what?
>>
>>17935225
Abit opposite

Not ugly but not attractive. I have resting chronic depressed face.

>Go club having good time
>Are you ok anon?
>cheer up, why are you so sad
>Happy new year, (fistbump) cheer up

>Older ladies 9 times out of 10 cock their head and smile
>Aunt sounded like a broken record 'you're a good boy' times 10
>>
>>17935277
How annoying is your voice? It could be your face. Just being honest, no offense.
>>
File: 911stillhappened1x1.jpg (44KB, 270x270px) Image search: [Google]
911stillhappened1x1.jpg
44KB, 270x270px
>>17935285
>How annoying is your voice? It could be your face.
that would hurt more if this was the case.
>>
>>17935277
>oh, I don't know then. never thought about it. aloof, maybe?
People think you don't care. If you don't inflect your voice to sound surprised or interested people aren't going to return their care to you. Give and take. Stop being aloof. Inflect your voice like a washed up WASP roastie who works in PR. Don't view it as fake; view it as digging for potential.

If people still don't care, then fuck em.
>>
Maybe you have assburgers?
>>
>>17935266
If he's been abused by his family as implied by his post, then those people have a tendencies of being further mistreating by others in their adult life. Whether because they end up growing into an awful person (abusers are often abuse victims themselves). Or because it leaves them with little traits and quirks that makes them more susceptible to predators (especially if they're female).
>>
>>17935294
usually when you try to show care, though, it comes off as intrusive or prying, with people telling you it's none of your business. even if it's slight attention. can't figure out what's too little, which also seems to put people off; and what's too much. and I've lost too much to experiment further.
>>
>>17935277
>that still sounds like being a different person.
Dont view it as being a different person but rather maximizing, making bigger the most positive sides if yourself, shrinking your negatives till you have full control of that by habit.
>>
>>17935307
>usually when you try to show care, though, it comes off as intrusive or prying, with people telling you it's none of your business
Sometimes people want you to ask but still don't want to share. Ask like you don't care whether they answer you or not. Guess light-heartedly or make a joke about their privacy.

Maybe you're just boring in how you talk to them. Be playful.
>>
>>17935262
Or weird, subtle mannerisms. Even for the nicest people ever, having those will push some people's buttons.
>>
>>17935317
>Sometimes people want you to ask but still don't want to share.
so it seems.

>Ask like you don't care whether they answer you or not.
i usually try to do in a way that seems nonchalant and already part of the subject. it still puts them off so much that it's better never to look into it.

>Guess light-heartedly or make a joke about their privacy.
you definitively don't wanna do that in professional environments like work or academia. it can easily cost you your place there.

>Be playful.
that's usually taken as flirty or like you're mentally ill.
>>
>>17935317
I think the problem there is the subtlety required to pull any of that off. Which can take some people years to master (we usually spend most of our childhoods doing just that). And top that off with said subtlety being different for everyone else, and you pretty much smack right into a wall.
>>
>>17935327
If your OP is not an exaggeration, I don't know what the problem is.
>>
File: goku.jpg (17KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
goku.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
>>17935225
Me and i just don't get it any more

before entering college i spent a really long amount of time fixing my shit, i lost weight, fixed my lazy eye got a better posture,i became super positive and i started getting shit done with a bunch of confidence

But when i finally found a girl i liked and i confessed my feelings she ended up picking an angry bitchy fag loser, why? because for her he is broken and needs help and love

And in the end that faggot cheated on her

Even after that i was still very positive about life because i started going out with another girl, but in the end that also failed because she can only see me as a friend

i have just enough hope for one more try and i also got 6 months to get really really fit this time, if the next time i met a girl it doesn't work out i'll just accept that im unlovavable
>>
>>17935225
>>17935262
This

OP this abstract thing you consider to be your 'true self' is merely just a series of learnt behaviors and reactions.
Try not being a cunt and just saying 'well it's because it's just who I am'.

Everyone in the world puts in the effort to become better in social situations as they grow up, you clearly need to put in a lot
>>
>>17935327
Nvm I know. You're pessimistic as shit.
>>
>>17935341
>>
>>17935225
The balancing act required of EVERYONE living in society is to find a way to "be yourself" and still not actively alienate others. It's called living in society.

There have to be some ways you can smooth out your rougher edges without violating your selfhood. It can be as simple as not going out of your way to be offensive. You say, for example, that professors find you insufferable. That means you are actively doing something offensive that you could easily tone down and still be a good student.

There is a principle in law that goes "Your right to swing your arm ends just short of my nose." It means that living in a society requires putting some limits on your freedom. Just as you can't go around punching people in the nose, in the name of free expression, you can't go around being offensive in the name of being true to yourself - or if you choose to, you are choosing to be rejected by others, whose right to be treagted with respect is greater, just like their right not to be punched in the nose.
>>
>>17935346
t. westerner
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.