[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Once you share "too much" of yourself with someone,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Once you share "too much" of yourself with someone, do you become less to them?

Sorry for lack of detail. I'm looking to turn this into a potentially enlightening discussion, but unwilling to dump another depressing story onto the board
>>
>>17935199
I don't know what part of yourself are you revealing to your friends, can you be more specific?
>>
>>17935199 i feel you man. my only contact w a girl ever has been very brief, but we really hit it off (at least i thought we did) but i just told her basically everything about me. ( i have bad memory, so i dont remember all of the stories of my life) but after all of that, i was just blank. and she just blew me off after that. so i do think what you said is true.
>>
why do you care about what other people make up in their imaginations about you so much?
>>
>>17935199
Yes it seems like that sometimes. Maybe because they think they've figured you out. Or maybe you're telling them unflattering stories. Idk which type you're alluding to.
>>
>>17935209
I'm just addressing the natural process of someone knowing you more and more until there's seemingly nothing new left for them to learn -- also, I've maybe asked too much advice, given others too much of a role in decisions that should've been been private. Do others begin to see you as disposable once you've made yourself vulnerable to them? Weak?
>>
>>17935226
I know where you're coming from, but this isn't that. There's a difference between observing clear behavior and being paranoid
>>
I felt the same way as you for a while OP, but someone explained it to me like this:

If someone you knew and liked opened up to you about a lot, would you think less of them?

When I was asked that, I realized that no, I wouldn't think less of them. In fact I actually love them more when that happens. Seeing another human being at their most vulnerable, having them willingly open up to you and ask for help is a downright sacred thing in my eyes.

Granted not everybody thinks that way, but I think a lot do.

Also granted it's possible to fuck this up. For example, dumping a bunch of personal shit on someone you barely know probably isn't going to work out well. Nor does it have the same impact if you do it to everyone you know, because then it's not important that you show that side of yourself, it's just a tactic you use with everyone to try to make them feel connected with you. This can end up having the opposite effect, which is basically what you describe.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.