[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm 18 and moving out and to another city in the middle

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 9daf581ca07d946ddc2fa2f56c1fdba0.png (1023KB, 1000x762px) Image search: [Google]
9daf581ca07d946ddc2fa2f56c1fdba0.png
1023KB, 1000x762px
So I'm 18 and moving out and to another city in the middle of the year. My family want's me to go college but I wan't to test my luck in having a career in MMA. I plan on going to university in 3-4 years. I wan't to give all of my time outside of work to MMA and see how far I can go. I started training at a well respected gym in my area and have improved quite a been within the last year. I'm still complete shit desu. My question is am I making a mistake? I feel like if I fail I'll be stuck in a rut and be unable to go to college and get something better than a shit minimum wage job for the rest of my life. However all I think about is combative sports and I'm not really interested in any majors in school. Like seriously nothing interest me. Business,Law,Medicine etc. It all bores me to shit. However if I end up stuck in a shitty job that's barely enough to support myself I feel like I would blow my brains out. The only thing that pushes me to get out of bed and go to my shit job right now is knowing the fact I can go train afterwards. I would go to school,work and train at the same time but everything would suffer. My grades would be shit,I would be burned out from work and wouldn't have energy to train. Any advice or suggestions? Do I go to university and go to work and give up training completely and hate every second of life knowing I'll be guaranteed to make more money in the long run or do I take a chance at MMA on the off chance I'll make bank in 5-10 years from now?
>>
>>17934569
>. My question is am I making a mistake?
Yes.

Do sports science, or something related.
>>
>>17934590
What makes you say that though? I Thought about it. Still doesn't interest me. If It doesn't involve me manipulating another person's limbs or involve my fist going into someones face/liver I'm not interested. I give 0 fucks about training other people or helping other athletes. I train from 3pm-12am. Every second in between that makes me anxious and jittery for my next training session.
>>
>>17934624
Dude naw fuck all that, go for it. You sound like someone that needs to get it out of their system in the first place. Youre young, you can go back to school at 22-23 if it dosent work out. But you BEST not let that happen.

And in the sense that your going to school with the parents help passes while youre doing MMA, you are a physical dude. Youre not going to be happy in an office or at a desk or lab. Do trade school. I work as an I&E tech for a power plant, basically 60% of us are meat heads that know how to run conduit and troubleshoot process lines making stupid money. Its laborious and long hours but were not bored.

Theres other paths than college or poverty. I dont know for the life of me why that myth still continues.
>>
OP 40 years from now i hope old you with a litany of health issues sees this thread.
>>
You already said you were shit haha
I would understand if you at least had some natural talent but you should just go to school while you are young.
>>
>>17934658
I figured that's a possibility but I'm more than willing to accept the risk. Than again 1. Only reasons I would have any health issues due to the sport is from being a shitty fighter and not being able to protect myself and in which case I shouldn't be doing it as a living if I suck at it and 2. I could always get paralyzed in a car accident tomorrow on my way to work. I want success more than I fear failure. I feel like very few people are as ambitious about their job or hobbies as I am with MMA. I personally don't know anyone who want's to go to work more than they want to enjoy their free time.

>>17934670
Ya I'm shit in retrospect to half the army guys who have been training at my gym for 10+ years. Compared to the average joe I'm pretty damn good. I've gone from shit to being able to dodge every hit thrown by my friends during sparring and being able to setup crazy submissions. The going to school now since I'm young doesn't make sense to me though. I can always go to college. I could go in 4 years after giving MMA a shot or when I'm 40. However I can't make money in the sport once I'm around 35 due to age. I just won't be able to compete against the new fresh guys in their 20's. That's the only reason I'm not going to school and then doing MMA afterwards.
>>
>>17934649
How would one go about training/finding a job in that field? What is it exactly?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.