[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am I in the wrong here? At about 7:30 I called an ordered a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 2

File: pizza.jpg (8KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
pizza.jpg
8KB, 183x275px
Am I in the wrong here?

At about 7:30 I called an ordered a pizza from a place I usually call about once every two weeks. I live about a five minute drive away and always tip four or five bucks. So I called and ordered just a regular pizza with bacon on it, told it was around $20 and would be there in 45 minutes.

Cool. Start packing my clothes because I have a flight to catch tomorrow. Look at the clock, it's 8:30, an hour late. It's Saturday night, probably busy but I'll call and make sure the driver didn't get lost or anything. "Oh, she just left, she'll be there soon". Not a big deal, it has to be busy there.

Look at the clock again, 9:00pm. What the fuck? An hour and a half late. Start getting annoyed. Call again, what's up with my pizza I live five minutes away. "She'll be there soon, just left".

Fucking 9:35 a pounding knock at my door like it's the police. Answer the door and some chick with an attitude tells me $23 something. Seriously? Two hours late and three dollars more? Did you seriously just pull the 'plus tip' meme on me? I told her I didn't want the pizza anymore and closed the door.

This girl proceeds to go outside and yell "FUCK YOU!" as loud as she can and get into her car and lay on the horn for thirty seconds. Then she gets back out her car and screams "YOU FUCKING BITCH!" and then lays on the horn again until it makes this funny petering out noise. Then she peels out.

Am I in the wrong here? Is this normal behavior for a pizza delivery driver? Should I call the store or am I the asshole here?
>>
>Call the pizza
>complain about driver
>get her fired
>demand free pizza
>???
>profit
>>
She acted extremely unprofessional in that situation. I'm going to assume you were polite in telling her you weren't interested in the pizza, even though you probably didn't mention how long to took to get there being the reason why. I wouldn't have a problem calling the place, especially if you're a regular, to tell them how unprofessional she was after being extremely late. Plus, putting the tip in with the price just to trick you into giving it to her is very dishonest and a flat out lie for what you were told over the phone. But tl;dr, no, you are absolutely not in the wrong.
>>
>>17934442
both have their faults. she is a beyond fucking bad delivery pizza person. the only onpy bad thing you did was call her a fucking bitch outside the street. even though it sounds quite justifiable given what she did, it's still a little wrong. but thats just it. call the pizza place and report it to them.
>>
>>17934465
>the only onpy bad thing you did was call her a fucking bitch

No where in that story did OP do that.
>>
>>17934465
He didn't call her that, she called HIM that
>>
Truth be told you have no clue what happened before she came and yelled. I'm sure pizza delivery is stressful as hell. She probably had orders mixed up and was having a terrible night. She gets paid pretty shitty and when she finally makes it to your house you refuse to pay, which means she's probably getting fired. Calling the store and bitching is going to give you some satisfaction that will last for about 20 min. This girl will be in a situation where she won't have a job for between 2 weeks to 3 months depending on how the search goes. Is that really worth it to get your satisfaction. Truth is she was unprofessional and yelling at ypu, but getting some weird satisfaction out of seeing someone suffer for weeks over a pizza is really pathetic. Your pizza was 2 hours late. That's life you entitled snowflake. Its a pizza
>>
Former pizza delivery guy here, if you're late on a delivery based on what the person on the phone says or you act like an asshole, you should understand why you got a shit tip. She went well beyond what any employee would do. I think you probably should have called in to say you don't want the pizza, but overall you didn't do anything wrong. I'd call up the pizza place about her if you're a frequent customer, losing your business probably won't make management happy.
>>
>>17934487
TLDR have some empathy. Pizza delivery is a fucking awful job and everyone is struggling to make ends meet.
>>
>>17934487
>which means she's probably getting fired
Are you retarded or have you never had a job?
>>
>>17934476
>>17934472
Oh fook sorry. i was too distracted thinking it would end in a fucking
>>
>>17934487
Yea OP. You should let more people shit on you because fuck YOUR situation and whatever it may be. Always cater to the other guy, you selfish bitch. I can call you that cause im having a bad day you dumb cunt.

See how this dosnt make sense? But this is basically the logic youre defending.
>>
>>17934493
Nope, I was fired once at a call center for having someone on hold for too long while I was looking up cell phone plans. Minimum wage jobs can be surprisingly cut-throat.
>>
>>17934500
I think the important thing to take away is that service jobs are pretty much modern slaves and shitting on slaves is pointless since theyre lives already suck and youre much better off
>>
>>17934487
She chose that job, so her wages aren't his problem. She decided to act extremely rude to a customer, and that in and of itself should get her fired, so again, not his problem she can't control her emotions. You get paid to do a job, so when you do it poorly, you get fired. If it wasn't OP, she was going to do it to someone else. Any problems she had before or after the delivery aren't any of OP's concerns, he's a customer that expected a product to be delivered when it was stated to be delivered. He wasn't given that, so he exercised his rights to not pay. I feel no remorse for that chick for being as bad of an employee as she was. If she just explained why it was late and waved the tip, boom, problem probably solved. Not that hard to into customer service.
>>
>>17934500
Its a pizza you nerd. what an incredibly terrible situation. I'm going to cry because my pizza came late and whine like a pathetic bitch to the manager. What are you a 40 year old soccer mom or an angry grandpa? priorities. Also anyone who brings up "logic" in conversations is an autistic sperglord. logic is relative.
>>
>>17934508
Go back to /pol/ with that right wing bullshit. That employee could easily be someone who makes a thread here about getting fired from a job because of their depression and anxiety problems. Do you know how hard it is to find another job when you were fired from your last one? Especially a minimum wage job. That girl is going to starve.
>>
>>17934515
For her own fault

People have to start owning their actions and taking the consequences for them
>>
>>17934511
Food delivery isn't a "better late than never" type of business. If you don't deliver when you say you deliver, you lose customers. It's just that simple. Maybe the chick shouldn't be a bitch and actually just do her job.

>>17934515
Personal problems don't belong in the workplace. If she's afraid of finding another job, she shouldn't risk losing the current one to begin with.
>>
>>17934519
Go back to reading Atlas Shrugged and masturbating to Ayn Rand.
>>
>>17934505
But its ok for them to blow up on customer while representing the company they work for. You dont like your job, leave.

>>17934511
No logic is not relative, feelings are. 2+2 does not equal chair because you feel it does. The same way because someone just so happens to have a shitty job so its ok to take it out on someone in a situation YOU fucked up. The goal is to get the pizza to the customer on time. Not only were they late, they were fuck you late. Shit happens but proceeding to loose your shit on a customer when its your fault in the first place is so much the equilivant of "its all someone elses fault" i could not make up a better situation.

I was late a fucking hour once when i had that job. Customer was pissed and rightly so. I got a talking to when i got back. My next paycheck i bought a tom tom (this was flip phones day). Never late again. Improved my delievery times. Got promoted. Moved up while i was still in school. Got out and moved on to better shit.

Two words. Personal repsosibility.
>>
>>17934527
>because being responsible for your actions is fiction to leftists
>>
>>17934536
They shouldnt have gone off he customer but the customer getting mad back is pretty pointless. I tend to get what I want without being angry about it. Would have just told them im not paying leave and call the pizza place
>>
>>17934515
>that employee could easily be someone who makes a thread here about getting fired from a job because of their depression and anxiety problems

Explain how any of that is the customers/employers problem.
>>
>>17934515
When you tolerate someone's bad behavior, they'll continue with the bad behavior. Even if OP acted nicely and accepted the pizza, that girl would get in trouble sooner or later anyway with that kind of attitude.
>>
>>17934542
And that is different from what OP did/wants to do because...? He did exactly that. He said he wasn't paying. She left. He's contemplating calling the place. I don't see the difference.
>>
>>17934536
So because logic is not relative, I should just take any statement you use the word "logic" in as objective? Everyone you converse with can see past this facade of self righteousness. Do you ever think you are wrong? The only true objective is numbers and they have no place in human interactions. So why you would begin talking about logic in this scenario anyway if you cannot truly quantify this situation?
>>
>>17934542
By OPs story the cuatomer did not get angry back. And the OP wouldnt call the pizza place cause shes late. Ive had pizza that was late and the delevery guy was sorry as fuck. Sall good dude, i did your job youre good. But if the delivery guy acted like the person in OPs story, id call for their job on the grounds of just the "fuck professionalism" attitude.

You failed at your task. You take the hit. Now do you throw a fucking babyfit, or do you learn and comit to being better? Naw i mean?
>>
>>17934536
OP here, I didn't even lose my shit like that. I was obviously irritated, but didn't dress the girl down or scream at her. I've even worked at a pizza shop before, I know how shitty it is. What pissed me off the most is she didn't even apologize for being late, didn't even say anything. I opened the door and she just flatly told me the price which somehow was three dollars more than what I was told on the phone. I'm sorry, I don't want a cold pizza that's more expensive.

"What, $23 now? No, I don't want it anymore"
>close the door

Wasn't even going to call the store, just make something else to eat and finish packing. Now I have some nutball chick outside my place screaming like she caught me cheating.

I called the store while reading the comments. The manager didn't even seem phased that I told him his driver is out in the middle of the road laying on the horn screaming. Calling the owner tomorrow.
>>
this is why i always pick up my pizza from the place lol.
>>
>>17934519
Not the guy you're replying to but what do you expect from someone working a shitty job? I mean it'd be great if everyone took pride in their work no matter what it was but frankly most people in shit jobs don't give a shit, and it's why they're usually stuck working those jobs...
>>17934442
You weren't wrong to say you didn't want a presumably 2 hour old pizza. Pizza delivery driver is a job for idiots so sometimes there are unhinged morons doing it. Just call the store and explain the situation politely. Tell them you've never had an issue in the past and don't understand or care what happened this time. If the manager is worth a shit you won't have to explain much and they'll either have a fresh pizza out to really quick and for free, or give you a credit for a free pizza the next time you order.

I delivered food for 4 years and I was the General Manager at one of the big pizza chains for 5 years. It really is a horrible job. There's a few people that think you're an idiot for doing such a menial job and will give you an attitude thinking they're above you. There's some sort of stigma delivery drivers get that waiters don't for some reason. Sometimes people just get fed up and rage. It's not right but it happens.
>>
>>17934557
Good job OP. Hopefully the owner will actually give a damn, unless this manager is just used to the complaints about this chick, hence his demeanor. If all else fails, just choose a new pizza joint.
>>
>>17934557
I just read your reply after I posted mine.

Yeah, that manager is a moron. For a few dollars you can hopefully fix an unhappy customer. An unhappy customer may never order again or may take a long time to order again and that's lost sales for the store. I gave away so many pizzas and discounts because it's always best to keep the customer in your pocket. There's so many options for pizza you can pick from instead.... Surprised they didn't offer to at least try an fix the situation.
>>
>>17934552
Because were not talking about human interaction, this is business genius. You loose you shit by throwing a fucking fit cause YOU fucked up it affects the bottom line.

this might come as a shock but no one give a fuck about your feelings at work. Your employees are not going to step lightly round you cause shits not going well at work. Your boss isnt going to understand your piss poor performace because you have anxity. You put out or you get put out.

And no. I dont always think im never wrong. But your gonna have to work to prove to me that i am. I.e. logic.
>>
>>17934515
>>17934527
Please tell me you're just a really good troll...
>>
>>17934563
Okay but there's a difference between "not giving a shit," and completely failing every part of an easy task, while acting absurdly hostile and unprofessional. Pizza Girl sounds like a fucking mental case, she absolutely deserves to lose her job, and I honestly can't believe there are people in this thread defending her
>>
>>17934563
This isn't job related, this is action related. I have shitty days and act like a dick more often then I'm proud to admit, and I still have to deal with the consequences. It's no excuse, OP is not faulty for her shitty job and he's not obliged to take shit from her, specially since she did a shitty job in a shitty way.

You could be a CEO from a big company, you act like shit, you get shit.
>>
>>17934598
Well not giving a shit is part of the problem. It means you don't care about the consequences for your actions. If you don't give a shit about what happens then you certainly won't make any attempt to do your job and not completely fuck it up. There's a good chance she does drugs too. A lot of delivery drivers do. Again, what do you except from someone who doesn't give a shit and is a degenerate? It's why she's delivering pizzas because she wouldn't last a day in a real job. A lot of these retards bounce around from one delivery job to another too because it's all they're capable of doing, and they can barely even do it.

Don't get me wrong I've worked with some great delivery drivers, I was one myself, but I've also managed some total fuck ups and assholes, and usually there were more of those.

And no I'm not defending her actions I'm trying to rationalize why she may have done what she did. If she worked for me and it was a first offense I'd fuck her schedule royally. If it was habit I'd fire her. I had no problem firing people. In fact I fired a really good friend once.
>>
>>17934615
How is it not job related? It happened on the clock? How obtuse are you? I'm not making excuses for the cunt I'm just trying to rationalize why she may have acted like a cunt. You're forgetting the take away point. It's a shit job and these people do not give a flying fuck if they get fired. Consequences to these people do not exist and it's why they're stuck working dead end jobs. They don't understand responsibility or accountability.
>>
>>17934617
>What do you expect?
Literally just to deliver the pizza on time and not shout "FUCK YOU YOU FUCKING BITCH" on the way out. I don't care at all to know the rationalization or justification for acting like a spoiled child and failing an easy-as-fuck job. I just wouldn't order pizza from that place again unless they fired her and hired someone with basic competence.

I've done jobs I hated before, I've done jobs that bored the fuck out of me, I've dealt with shitty customers without losing my cool or being unprofessional. Fuck Pizza Girl, there's no excuse for that shit
>>
>>17934617
>I had no problem firing people. In fact I fired a really good friend once.

Dude fucking THIS.

People that dont give a shit at their job or want their feelings and situation considered, dont seem to comprefuckinghend that because youre a special needs moody bitch you are effectively fucking everyone around you. That fact that you are dropping the ball is making people around you, usually the good honorable workers cause theyre the only ones that give a shit, pick it up and put it in their already stacked pile.

So now cause this bitch got fired for flipping her shit at a customer, the older delivery girl who does a good job has to make her delieveries too now. Looks like shes pulling a double.

But what about the first ones feelings tho?
>>
>>17934487

maybe she should do her job better.
>>
I dont think I've ever seen so many different types of people get so mad over pizza before. Actually I take that back. Didn't someone from this website shoot up a pizza place with a semi?
>>
>>17934627
There is no excuse but it happens and that's all I'm trying to say. That it simply just happens and unfortunately you got to see it first hand. Maybe because I was in the business for so long I just saw it more frequently that it's not a oddity to me. I really dreaded hearing "they want to speak to a manager", and I got that at least once a week. Sometimes it was nothing because a customer was just really hard to please and sometimes it was something someone was getting fired over.

Shit like that happens all the time. There's bad service which we're all used to and then there's bad service with an attitude, then there's bad service and a total scene. You don't see the last one often as a customer. Most well adjusted people don't lose their shit on complete strangers but it happens...
>>
>>17934501
That's a thing YOU did wrong. You failed to talk on the phone, which was your entire job. A delivery driver has nothing to do with a pizza being hours late or being refused.
>>
>>17934515

Being two hours late for a delivery thats 5 minutes away is just plain unacceptable and there's no excuse for that happening unless natural disasters are happening right outside, like an earthquake or a tornado.
>>
Not sure why no one has mentioned this, but what if it wasnt the drivers fault? What if the pizza place forgot about OPs order? Wouldnt excuse the yelling and swearing, but in a situation where the pizza is late how do you know if the driver is to blame? Would you still tip a driver if it was the pizza places fault instead?
>>
>>17934660
>A delivery driver has nothing to do with a pizza being hours late
>>
>>17934667
The driver and the manager should have just told OP to get his lazy ass out of the house and get the pizza himself if it was so close. They're probably both laughing at him at the store right now talking mad shit about him.
>>
>>17934660
Just like the pizza driver loosing her complete shit for a customer that only stated she was refusing that late product was the delivery persons fault.

The pizza being late could not be the delevery persons problem that is true, but as the last person to make direct contact with the customer you better expect to take some heat. If you didnt expect that youre a fucking moron. Welcome to the service industry.

When that happens are you professional enough to understand the situation and that your actions are a direct representation of who you work for? Or are you so damn immature that you throw a fucking tantrum?
>>
>>17934681
In that case, usually the delivery person states why its late. But by the OPs story. That was not the case. Just a "this is normal" attitude and an upcharge from the delivery person. In this case.
>>
>>17934685
You heard me.
>>
This thread has become the real pizzagate.
>>
>>17934690
Is that supposed to make OP feel bad? Some chick having to deliver pizzas on a Saturday night and losing her shit is laughing at him? OP's packing for a flight, she's probably still at the pizza shop wearing her dipshit uniform and not even making minimum wage knowing she's about to lose her garbage job when OP calls the owner.
>>
>>17934722
I like how sometimes the most trivial shit can escalate so quickly.
>>
>>17934736
No, but it was meant to illicit a response.
>>
>>17934737
Or...or. Maybe. People are using this as an example to discuss work ethic and professionalism.
>>
>>17934750
Mate you're on 4chan. Get a grip.
>>
>>17934758
Sorry but your
>this is a hush hush site thats only full of crazies
Doesn't apply anymore. Every type of swinging dick mows through here. And /b/ is the only place where incoherant nonsense is expected...and maybe /pol/.
>>
>>17934492
>>17934489
Holy shit, You are such a pussy bitch, bro
>>
>>17934489
>>17934783
Sorry, tagged wrong quote
>>
>>17934783
I dont think those are the same poster.
>>
>>17934777
Nah, /adv/ is prime pickin' for idiots. Yourself included.
>>
>>17934783
Also people still use the word bro?
>>
>>17934794
Not that guy but I still use the word bro. I heard someone say moxie the other day. Now that's something you can question, but bro? Come on bro.
>>
>>17934487
People like you are the reason services of poor quality remain expensive and inefficient; you simply cannot have empathy in the business world. A more efficient delivery driver is beneficial for everyone
>>
>>17934461
>complain and get free pizza
>same driver delivers pizza
>>
File: images (8).jpg (18KB, 475x310px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
18KB, 475x310px
>>17934497
>>
>>17934536
>repsosibility
This made me lose my shit after that spiel
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.