[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Please help me. I am 24 years old and almost 25. I had a pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 2

File: hem4.gif (1MB, 500x205px) Image search: [Google]
hem4.gif
1MB, 500x205px
Please help me. I am 24 years old and almost 25. I had a pretty unpleasant life so far and I have been so lonely and depressed.

I can't focus on anything, I am just so damn broken and I want to tell someone my story and cry in her arms. Something that I never did.

I am so tired of having to hide the pain and so I am one of the most boring guys there is. I am also the weirdest and talking to me gets awkward because I don't want to talk about my life and have it spread all about.

I messed up so many things in my life. I can't even go into town without being threatend...

I don't know what to do anymore and it's all falling apart. My little empire that I have scrambled together in my mind. It all just seems impossible at the moment and out of reach.

I am so afraid of the responsibilities that the modern age brings... I am so afraid to fail and it's easy to say that you got to keep going when you fail, but will I ever be ready?

I don't want to fail and end up in an office. I would rather be a pilgrim.
>>
>>17933636
Heyhey I understand where you're coming from, it's some where similar to my situation

So, exactly tell me what do you want the most right now
>>
Even if I have someone, I will never find true happiness. Life has too many uncertainties and they are stopping me from progressing.
>>
>>17933643
Tell me, what's your concept of happiness?
>>
File: IMG_4067.jpg (92KB, 743x655px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4067.jpg
92KB, 743x655px
>>17933636
You're literally me. I can't offer you anything but my shared feels. Take care.
>>
>>17933636
Look, when they say keep going, they never point in a physical direction, they just want you to move forward in a sense that you as a person progresses instead of crumbling in your own fortress until you break.
You can do anything with your live what you choose to do, the only pressure you put on yourself are the values you've decided to cherish.
Running away doesn't always seem like an option or is considered a failure but it is often the only way to proceed on the best way towards your future.
best of luck
>>
>>17933640
I pretty much hope for everything to end. Even if I love someone, that love brings more uncertainty. We suffer the pain of loss and face the uncertainty of the afterlife.
>>
>>17933648
I am not so sure. I guess my heaven would be a place where I can finally be myself without being judged... This planet is good enough for me, just less lights so that I can see the stars and less cities.
>>
>>17933652
Your contribution has brought me delight, funny image. Thank you anyways and I hope you will regain your strength.
>>
>>17933656
Why you don't like uncertainty?
>>
>>17933655
I can't put my mind into anything these days because I am constantly thinking about other things. Various things such as my life, other peoples lives, the future, games, etc.

I just can't focus on what is important :(
>>
>>17933671
Because I am afraid of the negative outcome

Maybe that's my social problem too... I just now realized that and linked the two together.
>>
>>17933672
Do you have any recurring thinking patterns when you ponder about those subjects?
>>
>>17933676
hmm..I think I can write up something about that, wait
>>
>>17933676
Try to imagine a world without negative outcomes. What would happen? Whatever you do, you get success. And thus, since success is always at hand, you end up losing interest in this world.

And the same would happen in a polar opposite world where everything always get fucked (a.k.a. grimderp). Its inhabitants will lose interest because there is nothing to fight for.

You see the negative outcome is there to define the positive outcome.

You fight to avoid BAD and get the GOOD

Without problems or rewards there's no sense in living.

So you have to get them both
>>
>>17933677
Yeah, it's always the same but I keep realizing new things. It started after I realized like... time and its speed. The fact that I have to celebrate it every year and pretend that I am happy every day. Isn't really helping.
>>
>>17933700
Also. Try to imagine if some guy gave you an eternal happiness pill.

Imagine, you're always happy!

Regardless what happens you're always happy. So, how can you distinguish what you like and don't like if you're permanently happy?

You'd be like a zombie or a perpetual methead, always with a smile on your face.

Eventually you'll also stop caring about survival because why would you do that? You're happy the same!
>>
>>17933703
Wait, "pretend that I am happy every day"

Elaborate, explain in detail
>>
>>17933707
I am a student and so I have to socialize with people nearly everyday. Sadly enough, I have gotten so good at it that, people mistake it for genuine interest and then they try to hang out with me. Which always leads to nothing, because I am not interested in their interests and not willing to spend my time on it..
>>
>>17933720
You don't have to be a people pleaser or a yes man. just be honest and polite and say no when you mean it . there's no obligation for you to mingle more than the usual "hello" just like there's no obligation with feigning happiness.
also
why do you feign happiness?
>>
>>17933700
>>17933705
Thank you, it is hard for me to imagine a positive world at the moment and what would happen if I were always happy.

Atleast it would be a genuine feeling...
>>
>>17933731
People will just tell me to get over it and that it will be okay.
Usually leading to neglecting the problem and no solution.
>>
>>17933740
ultimately it's up to you to deal with your problems. Other can at most give advice and at least offer encouragement.

>>17933732
Every feeling is genuine. Even the feeling of being trapped/choked by your mask is genuine. It's you trying to be..well, you
>>
>>17933731
I feel like my story is too personal. Especially in comparison to everyone else and so I hide it. I also don't share phases or periods as that might get a negative reaction without knowing my entire story.

Every phase of my life creates a false image of me, because of my identity crisis.
>>
>>17933751
I don't know how to take off my mask. When I am around people it automatically activates and it stops me from enjoying my life to the fullest.

It makes me hard against myself but also against people I like. It makes it hard for me to express my genuine feelings to my family, as I am not used to it.

Should I expose myself? I have been considering a shrink.
>>
>>17933764

That's normal. Normally one does not go and exposes its entire life to whoever just to avoid misunderstanding, that would be ridiculous AND would create even more misunderstanding as in "Why did this guy is tell me his autobiography?" also, how does he know if you're telling the truth?

even if you did, he'll never know your story. Nobody would but you. Then most you can do is sharing snippets of yourself in the form of social interactions or wider pieces in special occasions.

Thus what matters is the now, not your past.

the you isn't something static, it's something dynamic, everchanging like a river.
>>
>>17933636
facebook com/VineSurvivor/videos/1232136226872420/
>>
>>17933780
The question is why does it activates automatically.
>>
>>17933783
Could this period of difficulty mean that I stand before another transformation?
>>
>>17933786
I don't know what else to do besides that and being depressed.
>>
>>17933791
Yes, it could. Do you know the freudian trio? It could mean a transformation that will end up in either a more id based you or a more superego you, or even a more ego you
>>
>>17933796
Describe your depression.
>>
>>17933801
I hope so, I don't know it but I surely hope that I will be able to break through the protection barriers that I have set up for myself.
>>
>>17933808
even the protection barriers have to deal with it.

look at this:
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/f1/31/f8/f131f81d4d9fe102d5210cf042480b37.jpg

the mask and the protection barriers are superego at work
>>
>>17933808
you still here bud?
>>
>>17933805
The clock keeps going and it's going too fast. When I am amused it is going too fast and when I am bored it is going too fast. I don't think about clocks, clocks have awoken a fear within me. When I look at a clock, I feel a moment of stress as I figure out how much time has passed already and realize how much time there is left.

I have been emotionally alone for about 20 years and in those 20 years a lot of crazy shit happened because I was trying to fit in anywhere. I don't have a good bond with my parents and my grandparents who are old and destined to work till death, are nearing their end.

They are the most valuable people to me and without them there will be no more genuine love.

Now I am 24 and almost 25. Yes, I am nearing 30 and I still feel like a child. I dream of the days when I could dream about nothing being impossible.

4chan has raised me and I started on /b/ in 2007. My philosophy is a contemplated version of the 4chan culture. I have extreme fetishes and all that jazz that 4chan stuff. The only people in those 20 years, that I was honest with about myself was on 4chan. Imagine placing 4chan in society and what could go wrong.
>>
>>17933820
That sounds about right. This is interesting and I am going to look into it some more. Thanks a lot
>>
>>17933820
So am I ID? Is that my true ID?
>>
>>17933844
What if you had infinite time?

If you had infinite time and power, you would do eeeverything you want..but eventually you'll grow bored because you've done absolutely everything cool and good you've always wanted to do. And as the result, you'll try to create a challenge by putting back bad stuff in your life in order to create a battle between you trying to kick off bad stuff and gaining good stuff ecc. and eventually you'll end up living the same life you're living now.
>>
>>17933859
yes and nooperooni

you are the fusion of all the three guys

id,ego and superego

it doesn't exist a person without a block of the group. even the worst crackhead in the world will have a sliver of order in himself and even the most righteous priest will have a bit of animal instinct in it.
>>
>>17933860
I would try to read all books for one :p and then try to help the world and thats what I truly want. I want to make this world a better place, instead of neglecting our problems.

My problem is also that you guys have problems and I know some of you have had dreadful problems. Even worse than mine and I wish I could do something for you all and mostly for myself. I don't want to see another me and it could have been prevented.
>>
>>17933863
>>17933863
Does this man have any suggestive information on how to activate each?
>>
>>17933883
You don't just activate them like a switch! They're there all together and they're always on.

Whenever you make a choice you will always feel the nag of the three parts of you.

When you do something that appeases Superego you'll hear Id being bored in the back of your mind

When you do something that appeases Id you'll hear Superego's disapproval in you.

The only way is just to balance your way between them with the ego.
>>
How do I overcome my fear of uncertainty?
>>
>>17933895
heh that's a tough one.
you have to change your mindset/point of view
but how you do that is up to you

maybe you could try to expose yourself to something risky but pleasureful like idk parachuting from a plane. or something that would make you embarassed normally like joining a contest.
>>
>>17933893
>>17933893
I will try to be more aware of this. The only problem is that social interaction gives me no time to contemplate the alternatives and I often have to find a quick answer to maintain interest.
>>
>>17933908
Well, that's true in the middle of convo you don't have the time to ponder your answer but..
"Mantain interest" but do you really have to do that with the others? Mask yourself to gain your attention. Why do you do that if you do not like to do that?
>>
>>17933906
If I don't then I am the most boring guy ever. One that has seen too many YLYL threads to laugh and too much pain to not care about people. I don't even gossip and I never do anything enthusiastic. That's all because I don't have anyone that is truly interested and emotionally understands me.

How are things supposed to be fun if you don't share the same mindset? It's like placing 2 cultures in one room. There will guaranteed be misunderstandings and 'cultureshocks'.
>>
>>17933923
Where one sees just a pidgeon, I see an elegant pidgeon WITH A SOUL. Just an example of those differences.
>>
>>17933943
>that's all because I don't have anyone that is truly interested and emotionally understands me

If you ever met someone like that. Would you change?

Also hey,being friends doesn't mean having the exact same interests, you just need a single one and the rest comes natural. oh and by interest i mean pretty much anything, from hobbies to stuff like job,study, politics ecc.
>>
>>17933954
And why would that be relevant to relationships? Only because you see things differently, it doesn't mean that you are automatically outooo from the social stuff. you only need a common bridge and that's it.
>>
>>17933957
Yes I most likely would. I will feel less crazy and I will be happy to know that someone can give me emotional support and FINALLY understands me. I have been trying for ages, not just searching but telling people about myself and they still don't know me, they just accept what I tell them and don't think about it.

I need someone that will keep asking me questions and that is apperantly extremely rare for a guy like me.

And yeah I know but I generally only commence in deeper bonding. I conversation about a hobby usually lasts just 1 conversation with me. Unless we meet often to take the same class, you know, we just talk about the class.
>>
>>17933962
Because someone who might see it as just a pidgeon might prefer eating it over a salad. I would be willing to defend the pidgeon for I consider it a worthy life.
>>
>>17934001
well, what can I say. your standards seem far too restrictive.

I mean, the chances of meeting someone genuinely 100% interested are pretty rare for everyone.

sooo what can I say? that's it I guess
>>
>>17934012
I see. You also have non-standard beliefs/behaviour. I guess that adds extra difficulty to your relations.
>>
>>17934019
It's okay. I have faith in the ancient prophecy of the end of time and I have little hope for 2017.

>>17934023
Do you think that there will be a chance to be genuine to someone? Should I look for mental help?
>>
>>17934023
Should I entirely destroy my mask and expose the truth to everyone, with all risks?
>>
>>17934039
Everyone is always genuine anon.

Maybe there isn't even a "true self" and there is only what you think and feel in the moment idk
>>
Is the first kill of a psychopath an emotional switch or a rational one? Do I run the risk of losing my mind in a frenzy?
>>
>>17934042
The questions is why do you want to break it
>>
>>17934058
I don't want to hide anymore and I don't want it to haunt me later, when I might be unaware.
>>
>>17934056
It depends.A psychopath is essentially a person with a very weak Superego OR a very weak id (that's right, there's two versions!)

So it could be that someone annoyed him and, having weak superego, he simply followed id and capped the guy

Or it could be a rational one, where the psycho havin weak id has also a weak empathy and thus sees killing a child in a dark area to steal his money when nobody is around as a way to abide the rules of ambition dictated by a ruthless cold and calculating superego

It's pretty complex yeah
>>
>>17934061
then..it's up to you buddy

do what you must. you will know what to do when the moment comes
>>
>>17934073
Thanks a lot, anon. I got to go now, maybe till another time.. I will look into id, ego and super ego.

I will miss you and remember you. Goodnight.
>>
>>17934084
I will remember you too. I hope you will find what you search. Goodnight
>>
>>17933636
>I messed up so many things in my life. I can't even go into town without being threatend

Damn I was in this situation myself about six years ago. It took some time, but I managed to change and improve myself. If I had managed to make such a spectacular fuck up and turn almost everyone I knew against me, the problem was clearly myself.

This hole you're stuck in sounds pretty deep, but with some effort and self-improvement, you can magically pull a ladder out of your ass and climb back out. Nothing's easy dude, but it's not impossible either.
>>
>>17934095
You are the best, I will try, thank you.
>>
Sounds like some people in this thread need some POWER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3LO6QaATKs

Keep your heads up, peoples
>>
>>17934099
Idk if this thread will be active when I am back, but I am more than curious how you solved the threatening problem.
>>
>>17933643
fuck you for already accepting the bad things that "might" happen before it even happens.
>>
>>17934111
Self improvement. Just accepted the loss and crumbled down with it, then started again. There's a lot of self-help books out there, that I was skeptical with at first, but they actually helped me out. They made me feel very aware of other people and secure about myself too, including my faults and strengths.

I started lifting a year ago, and now I feel even better about myself. Slowly I've patched things up with those I had wronged, and others would notice the change in me and be more inclined to talk with me.

Getting a new wardrobe and shaving/cutting your hair will also help you mold this new identity.

>>17933820
This is pretty cool
Thread posts: 71
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.