[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

That feel when even my brother and his little son don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1470163987001.jpg (11KB, 240x193px) Image search: [Google]
1470163987001.jpg
11KB, 240x193px
That feel when even my brother and his little son don't like me and think I'm a freak.
>be 23
>study at uni and live in one house with your father and older brother (31)
>his son comes over often
>they saw too much of my OCD compulsions and also probably don't respect me for being an unempathetic asocial introvert (or so it must seem to them) and getting up very late (when I don't have uni I often stay up until like 5 am and wake up around 2 pm or so), even though they themselves are pretty damn lazy (the difference being they wake up at like 10 am and spend the whole day lying in their messy room playing on console) and some other stuff
I have a multitude of social problems in my life but this one hurts. Not sure if it's not too late to change their impressions, especially my 7 yo's nephew. I don't want him to think of me as a creepy gfless uncle or something.
I don't know why I care about their opinion so much, maybe it's because I often see them, and maybe I'm imagining or exaggerating things.
>>
Have you considered medication? I was on some stuff for OCD for a few years myself and eventually I worked myself off of it, I understand how frustrating it can be. I also found exercise and working helped me out (especially jobs where you're responsible for organizing things, love it), even though my teenage self thought that employment and physical fitness were lame. That's what worked for me, anyway, and maybe for you -get out of the house and seek appropriate medical attention.
>>
>>17933309
Is your brother a welfare queen or something?
>>
>>17933340
no he's working
I'm talking about weekends and now he's actually got some leave because they apparently have a psycho boss in their company and the company owners told him to wait until they fire that guy
>>17933333
I am on medication. I stopped taking it a few months ago because we thought that can already manage without it, and had a giant relapse, so I resumed. Now I'm better but still struggling a bit.

As for the employment bit, I would love to, however I'm waiting after I finish uni to start. I've always liked sport, unfortunately I've had some health problems recently + I have some specific obsessions that make it harder to be active... I go swimming once a week though plus work out with body weight sometimes.
>>
>>17933384

I would recommend sticking with your medication until you see it through that you can function without it. Would definitely use uni as a distraction, if a job is too much in addition to uni maybe find other distractions on campus away from home life. As for fitness, just try light walking or other easy exercises maybe. I was pretty out of shape at the height of my OCD problems but just going out and about for a stroll can be great for your mental and physical health.
>>
>>17933309
Fuck, you just described me. Same age and everything.

What are your OCD compulsions?
Mine are:
- Constant handwashing (I don't like to feel any grease or think that there are any germs on my hands).
- If I step outside for any length of time, I need to shower afterwards.
- All my personal belongings must be kept super clean and untainted by the world (I have separate sets of clothes - indoor and outdoor).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.