[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

> Get into work Thursday morning > Email from boss >

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

> Get into work Thursday morning
> Email from boss
> "Just a heads up, I recommended you for (name) training
> Get a call from another guy talking about this training saying I was volunteered.

I've been at my job for over 2 years now. This isn't a job with occasional travel or anything like that. It really just comes down to my boss not wanting to go to the location the training is in so he 'recommended' me without bringing it up to me at all.

How should I handle this?

pic related it was my face Thursday morning.
>>
Go up to your boss and ask "what the fuck"
Or just go to the training, he might be grooming you for a promotion
>>
>>17932772
It will obviously add to my value for the company to be able to have access to what the training is for. It is just really a shit thing to tell someone they are spending a week somewhere with one week notice (The place is a cold shit hole in January).

The training is needed to gain access to something that the finance and operations people are using to fulfill government requirements that are being imposed. I'd rather not get involved with anything to do with that set of projects.

Guess its time to send out resumes.
>>
>>17932742
>How should I handle this?

like - go to the training & then thank the boss

wtf else are you going to do ?

whine to the boss then read about your poor attitude on your next review ?

you special snowflake people are gdamn ridiculous
>>
>>17932786
>I'd rather not get involved with anything to do with that set of projects.

like the boss actually cares what YOU want ?

the company is paying you $$ to do a job

ask if you get a raise for working on this new stuff ? or is it a requirement for your continued employment ? see the picture ?

if you don't like it then leave - but realize all companies have this attitude which you will learn sooner or later

OTOH griping here is ok :)
>>
>>17932797
Honestly this. Once a month I have to do a delivery that's two and a half hours away. The delivery is always one laptop with a pair of small speakers. You think I really want to waste my time when we have screens, projectors, microphones, and speakers in big rooms for 200+ people? Of course not but I do it anyway and when I get back and my boss asks me how it went I say "Great, it was really easy and a fun away trip." Suck it up, OP, you'll benefit from this.
>>
>>17932742
Just go. It won't rock the boat, and will potentially look good on a resume when you jump ship.
>>
>>17932807
pretty much this

ask what the $$$ situation is, but remember that all companies are owned by people who have that building there to make money not to make your life a comfyguy meme
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.