[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

guys, i need to lose some weight and want to get fit. how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1611.jpg (77KB, 499x750px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1611.jpg
77KB, 499x750px
guys,

i need to lose some weight and want to get fit.
how do i handle this with my bf?
do i tell him? do i just do it?

i fear i will sound like your basic bitch, complaining about "oh, i'm so fat" and then when i fail to reach my goals he will be disgusted with me for my lack of selfdiscipline.

i have a history of eating disorders that he doesn't know too much about. i have been losing and gaining weight all the time and everytime i do good i'm very proud of myself, but everytime i fuck up, i just give up.
i feel like he could be a source of consistent encouragement that could help me stay or get back on track but i also fear that he woud be too nice to ask me why i'm stuffing my face again after i did so well the last month.
how would you want your gf to handle this?
i know i'm overthinking, but this is a difficult topic for me. nothing that is related to food is healthy in my life
>>
>>17932464
whats your height and weight?
>>
Eat less and excersice, i'm trying to lose 40 pounds, i'm a fucking manlet.
>>
>>17932472
>>17932474
i'm 158 and 70kg. i want to lose atleast 20kg.

yeah, i am aware on how to lose weight and get fit.
i just need help on how to handle this with my bf.
>>
Getting fit is a lifestyle change. First you need to get rid of your "eating disorders". These are lifestyle habits and they're obviously ruining your chances of getting fit. You have to address these first and foremost others everything you do will be futile.

You don't tell him. You just start doing it. When he asks why you're eating X and doing X then you can tell him you're just trying to be a little healthier. You don't have to explicitly explain your plans. Otherwise you'll create expectations.

It depends on your guy as to how he'll handle it. Personally I'm already a fit person so I would be very helpful and supportive, because I just like nutrition and exercise a lot. It really depends on the kind of person your boyfriend is and only you know if he'll be supportive or just say okay and let you do your thing, or worse be critical of you.
>>
>>17932483
how do i get rid of them?

that's a good way! haven't even tought about doing it that way! thanks anon...

he's very fit himself so he would be supportive i guess.

have you always been fit or changed your lifestyle?
>>
>>17932490
Eating healthy and exercising might be just enough motivation to not fall back on to your eating problems. Would you really want to ruin all your hard work? It may not get rid of them entirely, because you'll have to cope with them mentally but like I said getting fit may just be enough to suppress them.

I've always been thin because I played sports my whole life but I suffer from a little body dysmorphia because a girl I dated in high school used to joke that I was fat. Sad thing is I knew she wasn't being serious but it still effected then and still does today when I look in the mirror. Back then I was about 5'11" 135 lbs and today 20 years later I'm around 155-160 lbs. You can clearly see my abs, my traps are big, basically you can tell I've got good muscle definition but I still feel like I look fat in the mirror...

I'm constantly making sure my diet is on point and I'm in the gym 5 days a week because I still think I look like shit. It's kind of pathetic and depressing but it keeps me going, and on the flip side it's actually very good for me since I'm in great shape now and frankly I feel better overall. All that shit kind of takes the back seat.
>>
Your bf probably notices your weight gain and probably wishes you would do something about it but doesn't want to upset you by bringing it up. That said he'd probably be thrilled to get involved. Make exercising and meal planning a couples activity and become a source of mutual encouragement for each other.
>>
>>17932552
i haven't gained weight since we are dating (one year). but i guess you're right. he's a health nut himself and probably glad to do stuff like that together.

>>17932525
i hate how small remarks can influence you so long... and how it doesn't help even if you are fully aware that you shouldn't take it so serious. i know very well where my ed's come from. but i still can't just shake them off.

i will definitely try to keep working on changing my lifestyle. what would you say is the most important single change one can make?
>>
>>17932525
Damn. You go nigga.
>>
>>17932592
Staying focused on your goals. More specifically staying focused in the gym. That's kind of broad but it's the single most important change I can think of for achieving your goals. You constantly need to remind yourself to stay focused.

When I say staying focused in the gym. I mean keeping up with your routine and following through. Finish all your sets and make sure all your reps are in good form. If you can maintain this then I think the rest will follow. Getting fit is mostly done in the kitchen, and that's frankly the hardest part since it is the majority of getting fit. You can find it easy to make it to the gym 3 days a week, at the beginning, but if you aren't following through with a good diet then all that working out is a waste. Now back to when I said the rest will follow. So if you consistently work out you'll want to make sure it's worth your while and you'll be more motivated to follow through with a healthy diet that helps you reach your goals.

Changing your lifestyle takes a lot of work and patience. These things don't happen over night, or in week, or even in months. It took me about 5 months to dial in my diet. Everything is done in small steps. You change one small thing at a time and it all adds up. Don't except it to all happen at once otherwise you'll set yourself up for failure. Make your goals achievable.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.