[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you love someone who has different political and/or religious

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Can you love someone who has different political and/or religious views than you?
>>
>>17932249
I mean, yes. So long as the spouses don't actually take political or religious views seriously. Otherwise, there has to be a compromise and acceptance of the other's views.

It all depends on the circumstances, OP
>>
A) Love is rare. Don't be fooled.
B)Yes. That's what love entails. You fall in love with them entirely and even in their different views and beliefs, you admire them and accept them for the person they are.
>>
>>17932249
Sure.
If you're mature enough to have a serious, committed relationship you should also be mature enough to have a constructive discussion about politics and religious.
As long as you don't think that everyone who disagrees with you is retarded, and your partner is like you, it should be cool.
>>
>>17932264
>>17932429
These are true to an extent, but political and religious views almost fundamentally reflect your values and who you are, and you shouldn't take them lightly. If you and your partner are moderate, sure - you can work it out and/or just not touch the issue. Plenty of Catholic moms and atheist dads in this country because they're chill about it. But if either partner feels extremely strongly on even one issue it can seriously undermine a relationship.
>>
>>17932444
Depends on how you handle disagreements.
My boyfriend is strongly religious - he's the leader of a Christian organisation, can pretty much quote the Bible by heart and a huge part of his life revolves around Jesus and sharing his message. He's not one of those crazily conservative Christians who want to burn gays and such, but he feels very strongly about it. He's just not retarded.
I am atheist and I am usually mildly bothered about going to Church even for funerals and weddings.
Been together for 4 years and never really had a disagreement that ended in a fight. We share values, to be honest. Our core values are absolutely the same and even if they're derived from different things it is cool.

With my ex boyfriend I used to have strong disagreements about politics, but they always turned into nice discussions and never into heated arguments.
It really depends on how you handle them.
>>
>>17932444
This
>>
>>17932249

depends on how different & how well you 2 can deal with those differences

but generally NO it's not worth it because that is what compatibility is all about unless of course you 2 already fell in luuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvv
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.