[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>broke up with my girlfriend after 3 years together, we had

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: feels-1.png (388KB, 1280x711px) Image search: [Google]
feels-1.png
388KB, 1280x711px
>broke up with my girlfriend after 3 years together, we had a hard time serveral months before that.
>happened 1.5 months ago
>we were together since high school, now we study at the same college
>she has a new bf, two weeks after we broke up

how can she move on so fast? I always see them together holding hands and stuff, my friends also told me he is staying at her place for the weekend.

How did you handle break ups? what is the best thing I can do?

>also, would happily hear your break up stories
>>
I'm sorry to hear that this happened. I know it hurts. I've been through the same. It feels almost like a betrayal doesn't it? As if she anticipated it.

Here's something though. A lot of women I meet and a lot of women I have dated were like this. It's a defense mechanism. She is torn about the breakup as much as you are. But the way she deals with it is different, ie replacing that comfort and love with a quick fix (which, to be honest, will probably not last long). Anyway, it's a rebound.

It's best you just not dwell on the negative. Hang out with friends. Meet new people. Take up a new hobby. And know these feelings aren't going to last that long. You're in the initial stages of 'grief' over your relationship -- it may take a few weeks, a couple months or may be even a year or two. It'll end, just know that.

Best of luck.
>>
>>17932115
>how can she move on so fast?
She moved on way before you thought, she even gave you hints but you denied it.
>How did you handle break ups? what is the best thing I can do?
Put in your mind that is over and there's nothing you can about it, she gave you good moments and that's it, on to the next one, work on self-improvement, learn from the past, and get a better girl next time, you're still young and in college, don't overthink about it, you have plenty of time left before settling down, go and enjoy it.
>>
Women usually a back up guy lined up.
>>
I ended a two and a half years relationship with my gf a year and a half ago. The thing is, I regretted it, but there was no way back, so I went to rebound like your girl did, two weeks later. But I realized that I was still empty and cold and I could offer her nothing, so the new girl broke up with me shortly after, which didn't phase me at all. And now, almost two years later, after having sex with four more girls and one night stands with around 20 of them, I still miss my first one. Now, that's how it was for me, can't speak for the girl, but I hope I shed some light on the whole rebound thing ( quick fixes tend to rarely work) .
>>
>>17932115
agree with other anons. She had already moved on OP you were just the last to know. When she met her new bf you became nothing but an obstacle to her happiness.
>>
My bf got a new gf 3weeks after, sent me pics of the travel he offered his new gf, invited me and his gf to a coffee without telling either of us, her gf yelled at me, I laught at my ex and leave. Next day he said me his gf wants him to burn all the stuff I had forgot at our appartment. He did it and never talked to me again since last week when he sent me an invitation mail to ask me if I can give money on his patreon.
Wtffffffff
>>
>>17932298
You're bf is in a toxic relationship now,

i feel bad for the guy

well, and you
>>
yo man girls always bounch back fast. itrs what they do to get rid of the pain of losing you. its quite simple why shes doing it.
>>
>>17932298
How do people come up with this stuff
>>
>>17932303
women get in quick and out just as quick
>>
>>17932115
Sorry for hearing that. I have experienced a break up months ago. The thing that helped me is time. Try keeping your mind occupied, searching a hobby, being with your friends. Thats the things that helped me
>>
Dated a real piece of work a few years back, lived with his mom and took me in when I had no where else to go. His mom was an angel, if it weren't for her I would have left his ass immediately but I didn't want to hurt her in any way. He lost his job twice so he decided it wasnt worth it so he sat on his ass playing Xbox live all day with husband online friends. Would be yelling into the mic until 1am most days and threw a fit whenever I told him to stop because I had work in the morning. Would ask him to put clothes in the dryer when I would throw a load in the washer before work, couldn't even do that so I had to rewash everything half the time. Left food everywhere never cleaned up after himself. I had to pay his phone bill and his car insurance, along with $100 to his mom for our rent. I also had to buy our groceries, since his mom wanted us to be independent and it wasn't a problem except that I had a shit paying job at the time. Always stole my card before I went to work so while he bought a new $60 Xbox game whenever he wanted and lunch along with whatever else's he wanted I couldn't even get lunch at work. Safe to say hiding my wallet and yelling never worked, but he cheated on my while trying to get his GED. Told him to have fun and left no hesitation. He still tries to message me sometimes but I refuse to take care of him. Just remember everything happens for a reason, OP. Don't rush into something because it'll just end up like the shitstain I ranted about. Take your time and work on yourself and you'll get someone wonderful
>>
>>17932602
Yikes sorry about the typos, autocorrect

>>17932298
I dated a guy who when I dumped him he threatened to burn everything I left with him too, men are wild.
>>
same happened to me, but i didn't come to find out till a year later, and the person who told me was a guy who hit on her online (week after she dated someone already).

Needless to say, my trust for women was shattered... "anon, I love you", if you love me like that, I'd prefer to marry a complete stranger, pff.

I went 2 years before I attempted to move on, and yet I was surrounded by female friends who just looked at me like a chump for not getting over her, "forget about her anon, life goes on anon".. maybe for someone who considers life insignificant..then of course life goes on.. life goes on as you jump from dick to dick without any introspection, bandaid after bandaid to fill the void of how miserable you are... in that sadistic state of mind, anybody can go on.

But years went by, I moved on. Years and years lost thinking about someone who didn't deserve a second of my time.

She did you a favor OP. You dodged a bullet. You scraped shit off your face and didn't even notice.
>>
>>17932656
btw, that attempt to move on after two years was a complete failure.. and eventually the girl moved on too, i wasn't over my ex till about 5+ years after she left.
>>
>>17932115
Apparently its pretty normal to just keep dating almost instantly like that, fuck normal people. I know that feel dont worry.
>>
>>17932115
He was probably already fucking her while you 2 were together. A monkey won't let go of the old branch until it has a firm grip on the other.
>>
My experience might help you understand.

>Be me
>23, dating gf for four years. Started dating in High School.
>Rough time a few months before breakup. Less sex, more arguments, just feel like we're drifting apart.
>She tells me she doesn't feel the same way about me. She said I'm "dark and depressing, too focused on my career. Doesn't understand why I need to own guns. Doesn't understand anything about me anymore."
>She is very liberal and naive to be honest, but great person.
>We break up in May last year.
>We stay in contact casually. Just talking about our day maybe once a week, catching up. I asked to meet up on two occasions and she said yes, but flaked at the last minute. I stopped asking and went no contact.
>Find out she's been seeing a guy since June, this is around August now.
>I flip out on her for lying when she told me she just needed a break, wasn't interested in dating new people.
>She never admits she's seeing someone but I know she is from social media
>Tell her not to contact me again
>She boosts her social media posts to more selfies of her in lots of makeup, nice clothes, looking as good as possible. Looks nothing like who she was when we were together.
>A few months go by and I still haven't contacted her.
>She dumps her rebound boyfriend. From what I heard as soon as I told her off, she started getting annoyed by him. Me staying in contact was giving her the security to be able to date random guys who she had no real connection with to fill the void I left.
>Less selfies on instagram being posted, more inspirational and depression tweets on twitter.
>Her rebound is chasing her trying to beg her and win her back.
>Today is her birthday, not gonna send her a text. If she wants to talk, she'll have to make the effort. I tried, twice. I walked away and that's when shit actually started to change.

Just walk away, OP.
>>
>>17932734
you do understand no contact means you don't monitor her social media too, right?
>>
>>17932745

I don't monitor it I just haven't unfollowed her on social media so her shit still pops up on my feeds. When I see it, it's no different than seeing any other post. It doesn't trigger feelings. No point in unfollowing her if it doesn't bother me, and I feel that would be petty
>>
>>17932602
Holy shit, I thought that this was the kind of shit that only men had to go through, do you have low self-esteem or something?! I've been in your situation already but mostly because I thought for a long time that I could not do any better than her.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.