[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to work. I need to just find a fucking job and do it and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (317KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
317KB, 480x360px
I need to work. I need to just find a fucking job and do it and save up enough money to leave my mom's house.

Can you help me get through this? The anxiety of starting a new job and such is fading, but the thought of me working 8 hours is starting to sound horrible. Have I really gotten that fucking lazy? It sounds like I'd spend a lifetime at a day of work, especially in the first weeks, and that would make me want to quit it altogether.

If you were in this psychological state how would you deal with it? What would you tell yourself? How would you realize that this is holding you back? Because that's what I'm struggling with.

Right now I'll probably be doing retail work. I wanna do farm work and that's gonna be a huge hurdle for me to get to. Just some basic entry level shit.

If I do retail it'd be stocking/warehouse, because I can't do cashier work anymore.

So I don't have a lot of options at the moment, but I should be happy enough to want to fucking work and get out of this situation. Yet... just living here and living with shit people seems to hold me back. It's an ENDLESS LOOP!
>>
>>17931935
>I can't do cashier work anymore
Why not?
>>
>>17931951
Customers. I can handle helping them through the aisles and such but I can't take line after line of serving people like that. It's not that it's hard or that I can't fake my way, it's that I just don't want to deal with it. Too many terrible people, drama, constant small talk, and it drains on me. Even worse is if a customer is threatening.
>>
>>17931955
I hope you enjoy stocking or warehouse work for a long time then, it really doesn't teach you many transferable skills compared to being a cashier.
>>
>>17931959
Cashier skills transfer well? Also I'm not interested in making a career out of retail.
>>
I don't know what to say, at the end of the day you just get the job done. If you don't like it, tough shit - keep on doing it until you can find a better one.
>>
>>17931962
Not cashier skills, but what sort of traits and things you learn from being a cashier. Things like interpersonal skills like handling a difficult customer and just general trustworthiness from handling money.
>>
>>17931966
I gained those skills with the little bit of cashier experience I already have. I don't think I'm in need of developing those skills, at least in that way. If I want to interact with customers in the future I'd rather one-on-one helping them with an actual problem, rather than being the guy who handles the cash register and the pricegun.
>>
>>17931965
He doesnt care about your "tough shit" attitude. Why would this motivate him? He has everything he needs at his mom's house living off of her. He realizes that this is wrong, hence the thread, but theres obviously the blocking that he has from having all his basic needs already provided. Why would he slave his ass off if it doesnt even get him shit. There's a reason why mexican immagrants have such a good work ethic, its becuse mexico is shit

op become homeless and youll be begging to work overtime
>>
>>17931969
People don't normally move from cashier to stocking shelves, it really won't look good to future employers. They'll probably suspect it's either the social aspect that dissuaded you, or you were caught taking change or something, and neither scenario looks good. Employers want someone who gets along with people and they don't want someone dishonest.
>>
>>17931972
Thanks, that may also be a factor to it. If I was homeless I'd be more determined to find a job. What also holds me back is that this place depresses me to the point where I don't want to do anything. I'm getting out of it and I think I'm at a point where I could actually work..

A bullshit tough guy attitude is definitely what I can't put myself into. I totally get his point of view but it doesn't help me with my issues unless I was seriously tunnel-vision straight focused on the idea of "you gotta do what you gotta do". It'd be great if I could sometimes I guess.

>>17931978
I haven't had an issue finding a stocking job in the past, honestly. I haven't had that asked about me either. They could probably tell I didn't lose my customer service skills from talking to me, too, so that may be it.
>>
>>17931980
>I haven't had an issue finding a stocking job in the past, honestly.
I'm not talking about finding stocking jobs, I'm talking about future employers, once you decide you want to work somewhere other than retail.
>>
>>17931982
I think what'll hurt me more is not sticking with a job for a long time. I need to be more stable with work. If they see someone who did cashiering/stocking work at a meat counter for a year (closing the department every night) to stocking and warehouse work for two years would that be so bad?

Farming is different. With a propagation assistant job I'd be working with the other people with little job experience or who are in a position like me. Starting from the bottom. It'd be something I could possibly turn into a career
>>
>>17931990
Not sticking to a job is definitely hurting you too, but if you want to do farming, then do farming.
>>
>>17931990
Sounds like you wanna farm bro
I say hustle your way into a farming gig
>>
>>17931996
>>17931998
For real. I'm thinking of finding some seasonal stocking job until the farms around here start hiring. I could get one but my hurdle seems to be just being able to motivate myself to go to work everyday. And while I'm working I'd end up counting the hours and making the day feel slow, feeling miserable, and just too anxious about wanting to go home so I could start the work day again the next day. It's insane.

Has anyone ever gone through this shit? I don't want to think like this but I do. I think my idea of work ethic developed from anxiety and so I haven't learned to just be in the moment at work, not thinking too far about what I wanna do afterwards.. like some anxious schoolkid who wants to go home. What a life.
>>
>>17932001
What you need to do op is understand work= money. Think of goal you really want- new phone, new car, travel and relise that your job is the means to that end.
>>
>>17932975
Anxiety overweighs all those desires
>>
>>17931955
Actually the way you describe it makes me wonder if such a job wouldn't improve my social skills and make me grow personality-wise. I don't really need it the money now (it's pitiful in my country so I wouldn't have been able to move out with it anyway) and I'm finishing my studies and would like to work in the field (hopefully), but still?
>>
>>17933002
Also I'm a 4chan tier introvert with poor social skills and few friends
>>
>>17933006
Then you need to find a job where you have limited social interaction. Thats Laboring or Farming or better yet, driving.
>>
Why aren't you working on some kind of education while you're living for free?

I never get you "I'm gonna stock shelves the rest of my life" people. I used to work with this guy, perfectly nice, worked backstock at the retail store I was in. But I was only doing that part time during college - this was what he was doing forever. Making $12 an hour, or whatever it was.

I ran into him the other day, and boom, same job, complaining about having to take overtime work to make time and a half so he could "get some real money."

In the meantime, I used my education and work experience to climb the ladder in another industry and make twice what he does an hour, working from home most of the time.
>>
>>17933017
But I want to do the opposite to improve
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.