[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there even a reason to get out of bed in the morning if you're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: Thomas_Rowlandson-Purser.jpg (57KB, 400x558px) Image search: [Google]
Thomas_Rowlandson-Purser.jpg
57KB, 400x558px
is there even a reason to get out of bed in the morning if you're not doing what you want to with your life?
>>
>>17930975
Yes. It's much easier to change your life into one that's more suited to you if you get out of bed.
>>
there's no base reason to get out of bed anyway. If you aren't doing what you want, then try to find a way to do what you want.

by the way, what are you doing and what is it you want to do?
>>
File: oldchub.jpg (13KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
oldchub.jpg
13KB, 275x183px
>>17930991

I work in IT. I regret not following my dreams and becoming a published author of both fiction and non fiction. I have to stay in my job for the next couple of years because I'm broke and lack employability. Moving back home isn't an option because my parents are both ill and having another person in the house would be a huge burden on them (one has mesothelioma and the other just had a stroke).

I'm still pretty young, almost in my mid 20s. I am irritated that I am taking what feels like a needless detour on my path towards what I actually want to do.

I find organizational work to be boring, tedious, and mentally deafening. I have also been fighting off the anxiety of becoming gradually stupider and less talented as I get older (despite reading and writing more than ever before).
>>
>>17930983

this.
>>
>>17931029

>becoming an author

this is so easy to do in your spare time. in fact, its almost impossible to be an author WITHOUT haivng a steady job first, because most authors dont get paid enough.

source: my ex published 6 books so far. not self published, legit publishing house published. one of them even got made into a movie.

still has a day job.

i worked today. came home, and now im writing inbetween answering questions on this forum.

so instead of whining on here about how you cant write, maybe you should just go write.
>>
>>17931064

off topic, how did your ex get started in publishing? Did they have an established online following?
>>
>>17931084

id have to ask, he told me bits and pieces, but the general idea was, he completed a novel, then he sent it out to several publishers with query letters. one responded and it went from there. He's switched to a bigger one now but its still not that much better in terms of how much he makes.

if they could sell the rights to a studio it'd be a reasonable pay day (though you don't really get the bulk of cash until its actually made) but he's only had independent filmmakers interested so far, to the point that he offered to just give me the film rights to one of his novels for free just cuz a friend wanted to make it.

no online following at all, even after the fact his twitter followings meh.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.