[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do regular stoners think of people who get incredibly paranoid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1339.jpg (30KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1339.jpg
30KB, 480x360px
What do regular stoners think of people who get incredibly paranoid and overwhelmed whenever they get high?
>>
sometimes I wonder if they fake it for attention.

but some people are really sensitive. it's a mind altering substance so if you aren't ready for that then it could cause some issue. best thing to do is calm them down or change the subject.
>>
I used to smoke everyday. Really loved it. Then I started getting super paranoid and thinking I was going to die whenever I smoked so I stopped.

No idea what caused the change but whatever. I've smoked a few times since stopping years ago, sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad.

Definitely just calm them down, maybe find an activity to do to take their mind off it
>>
>>17930392
I feel bad for them. Like the person who is obviously trying but not able to enjoy a party.

How do you think social drinkers think about people who can't hold their liquor?
>>
>>17930392
well it can happen i know when i stopped and after three years of smoking everyday all day and only did it for fun at some few times (after 6 months) if i had my animals at home i would get super paranoid they werent okay and was going to die.
i really think it depens on what you are thinking and where your stress is, when i smoked everday i never felt a tiny bit paranoid but i did after stopping and smoking on days where i had higher stress level
>>
>>17930426
Literally same here, 3-4 drags on a blunt is all I need to start thinking about nothing but negative thoughts for an hour straight, it started about 6 years ago and I have no idea why.
>>
>>17930452
funny when im super high my bisexuality increases a fuckton
>>
desu most stoners have experienced that. and no i'm not talking about those high school kids that smoke a joint a day.

every true stoner i've ever been friends with has said they've experienced anxiety at one point or the other. every single one.
>>
>>17930392
You have marijuana induced psychosis/schizophrenia my man.
>>
>>17930452
Exactly the same here. I've heard others tell the same story too. I'm wondering if it's to do with transitioning into adulthood, taking on more stress, putting off thinking about "who you are" and all that, and weed gets you thinking all the shit you've subconsciously conditioned yourself not to.

I also wonder if globally it's just gotten stronger in the past few years, or certain anxiety inducing strains have become more prevalent.
>>
>>17930558
One time I smoked a shit load and started hearing voices telling me to shh

Scared the fuck out of me. I only do a couple puffs of a joint at parties now
>>
>>17930488
This. I was a heavy smoker but I would still get slightly paranoid if I went to the movies and shit.
>>
>What do regular stoners think of people who get incredibly paranoid and overwhelmed whenever they get high?

I feel sorry for them. I help them and talk it through with them. I know it's just anxiety and I have a lot of experience with that... so of course I wanna give my advice to others. I also don't allow new stoners to smoke hit after hit after hit after hit, I let them gradually ease into it. If I see someone saying "I'm new" and people cheering on them to do a massive dab hit I fucking stop it. Not in some authoratitive dickish kind of way, mind you, I'm just like "nah hold back on that and gradually build your high up so you can pace yourself. You don't want a bad time." and people get it.

People usually don't think about it until they see it happen. New stoners need guidance sometimes.

My overconfident goofy nerdy buddy who drinks a lot had no problem smoking as a new smoker. He said his first time was fun, too. Just be happy, don't stress, relax, and you'll enjoy whatever's in your body.
>>
>>17930392
Annoying. Most people stress out and freak out or get really wacked out.
I just chill breh
everyday for 7 years rep
>>
>>17930392

Fuck it sucks, obviously got some paranoia but the anxiety was my achilles heel. Used to smoke up all the time, was amazing then one day just out of nowhere i had a massive panic attack. Eased off smoking for a little bit then started up again but i was never able to smoke like i used to, then i had another panic attack attack and now i can't smoke without getting intense anxiety. Fuck i miss it
>>
Here's the deal: there's only one way to get over the paranoia. I had it for a LONG time when I started to smoke. But it went away. Now I never get paranoid. I think your brain just realizes that shit is going to happen and it just moves past it to the good part. I actually use weed to motivate me to go out. It makes me LESS paranoid because I have social anxiety. It actually cures social anxiety for a lot of people. Like I said you just have to keep smoking it. It's good for you!
>>
>>17930951
>>17930452
>>17930426
You have an unacknowledged anxiety issue.
>>
I guess I have a bit of pity but I understand.
However I know a few people who smoked a few times in their life without any bad things happening, but since weed is illegal and generally frowned upon in my country they are scared to do it because someone might tell. In that case I despise them. A friend of mine laughs the hardest and has the best time while high, but he insists that he's gonna get visited by "a little imp" if he smokes. Another one smoked until he got a gf who forbade it, suddenly he had a bad trip 6 months ago and doesn't want to smoke. Pathetic.
>>
RANK AMATEURS

I don't give a shit because I'm not some pretentious faggot when it comes to degenerate behavior. I just try and get them to chill, because it's not fun being uncomfortable.
>>
I smoked from about the age 14 until I was about 23. I'd say my consumption was heaviest near the beginning and end of that period of time, but throughout I was high every day for most of the day. Towards the 'end' of my relationship with weed I was smoking around 50g a week.

I don't know if something changed with me, or weed just got crazy potent or something, but I started to notice that it went from getting chilled out and being a social thing which was a nice adjunct to the rest of my life to being a cranked out paranoid antisocial kind of thing where it became pretty much all I did and all I was motivated to seek out and do each day and a solitary activity as escapism from the rest of my life.

I'd get so 'high' that I'd have to concentrate on my breathing because I was sure it was no longer automatic and I'd have these feelings of impending doom or weight building upon me to the point where I'd feel like I was having an anxiety attack and either it'd release or something would crack or break within me and it would escalate and turn inwards and become evermore heavy and awful and stifling.

During these episodes I'd try and talk myself through what felt like bad panic attacks and in doing so I'd end up mentally talking to myself and arguing with myself about what a fucking loser I was behaving like and how basically I was managing to give myself paranoid schizophrenia through being a drug abusing idiot or maybe I was predisposed or maybe this is normal and everybody hides it really well or maybe this inner dialogue is just stupid, wait, who said it was stupid, me, yourself, well yourself and a contrary voice which you now have an awareness of, a second other, if not a second why not a third, or a forth, or a fifth and so on and so on until I really didn't enjoy getting high any more so I stopped.

I continued to hit the odd joint when offered by friends, but eventually I disliked that it made me silent and withdrawn.
>>
>>17932511
>50g
Of dro? What the fuck man! I thought I smoked a lot and I only smoked like 15g a week.
>>
>>17932511
So anyway. Sounds like a fucking train wreak right? I abstained mostly for a while except a period of time when I got super into weight training. I was calorie counting and really on point with my diet and I started smoking again as alternative to a beer or two to relax in the evenings.

This time around it was pretty much nothing but good times. You might be thinking, great, a potentially undiagnosed paranoid schizophrenic with self esteem issues using drugs to cover up his inadequacies getting too swole to control and hitting the bong each night and talking to himself.

But no it was basically pretty cool. I didn't have any of the previous issues, my consumption was incredibly light and I just ended up stopping abruptly because my girlfriend broke my awesome glass piece and it just kind of took the fun out of it. I wasn't buying another water pipe, I wasn't that bothered anyway.

In relation to my mental health and how it has developed (I'm 34 now) I'm definitely on a spectrum somewhere, but I don't believe I'm schizophrenic. I've passed the age where it is commonly diagnosed.

I've done quite a lot of drugs. The worst episodes brought on by weed were actually quite tame compared to the lack of sleep/stimulant psychosis from binging on coke, meth and regular amphetamines. aMT, 5meo-aMT and other random research chemicals and the big one everyone is scared of LSD have given me intense depersonalisation and derealisation for weeks at a time. The absolute worst though is benzodiazepine withdrawal, that is completely awful.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.