[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are some good books on the effects of divorce on a family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3217.jpg (52KB, 660x574px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3217.jpg
52KB, 660x574px
What are some good books on the effects of divorce on a family with young kids and strategies to minimise the damage (financial) caused?
>>
>>17929036
Get in touch with a lawyer, if you don't have money for it find your local university's legal clinic.
>>
File: IMG_3373.jpg (83KB, 750x1279px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3373.jpg
83KB, 750x1279px
>>17929097
I'm the kid in the situation
>>
>>17929036
>constantly see people whining about divorce affecting kids
>my parents divorcing was the best thing that ever happened to me

I don't know about books, but I had a pretty smooth transition. My father left the house on my name so my life wouldn't change much for me. He paid alimoney, and I kept going to private school and living in the same standard, even if he had to sacrifice a lot.

I'm just really glad my dad wasn't a selfish jerk. When I got older, I chose to live with him because I noticed he was making a way bigger sacrifice than my mother who decided my alimoney was the only money she would be spending on me, and skipped buying my medication if school demanded something extra.

>>17929101
How old are you, exactly?
>>
>>17929101
You have the right to request a representative at court if it comes to that.
Your opinion matters a lot if the case goes to court and you are free to express it.
Courts are instructed to have the children's best interests in mind. I still suggest you talk to someone who has experience with family law in your country.
Generally the parent that doesn't get full time custody has to support the children financially (to an extent that the child has the same quality of life as the parent paying alimony).
>>
>>17929147
14 but I can read adult books just fine. My parents divorced when I was 5 and I'm only just realising how big the economic impact is (practically broke, renting, one is still single, job not the best, etc.) I figure unless I get some high income job when I grow up I'm screwed.

Go back and forth between both houses, other issues, sounds different to yours

>>17929155
Long past that. Thanks anyway
>>
>>17929182
You can still sue the parent who you're not living with to give you more money.
If you're all pretty poor you won't get anything out of looking back at the past and it certainly won't solve your financial situation.
Focus on the future, try to get a job yourself in a few years (or whenever your country's laws allow you to get a job). Consider taking up a trade if you need money right away instead of getting a degree.
>>
>>17929182
Financial comfort is nice, but living a miserable romantic life isn't worth it. Don't blame your parents for wanting a divorce. And you can't really say the situation woul be much difference economically were they still together.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.