[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my bf already has a bunch of very clichée tattoos. i tought

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1589.jpg (23KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1589.jpg
23KB, 500x500px
my bf already has a bunch of very clichée tattoos.
i tought "yeah, well, everybody does stuff that isn't tought trough as a teen" and didn't give it much tought.

now he want's to get some more tattoos and what should i say... they get worse with every new idea.

do i tell him my true opinion about them or just nod and cringe?

pic sadly related
>>
Oooh boy.

Uh, maybe take a look at popular bad tattoo websites/tumblrs like you're getting into tattoos and start laughingly showing him some like its no big thing.
>>
>>17928686
i tought about this, but in all the "cringe tattoo" compilations, there are a bunch of tatts he already has. i don't want him to feel bad about those. that wouldn't be any good. i just don't want him to get more sad and bad ones... i know it's basically none of my business, but i have to look at them whenever he's naked...
>>
>>17928689

Well he might learn something and get good cover-ups? But I see what you're saying. I don't know. I can't imagine having that converstion, but I also can't imagine letting my bf get that kind of tattoo.

Does he respond to low-key stuff? like
"That's pretty cool but I a lot of people have it and I think we can come up with something waaay cooler than theirs!"
>>
girls often times lack the balls to do this, but as you are talking about a gentleman, the mantra is: There is no reason to lie, never ever.

if you don't like it, tell him in a non harmful way.
>>
>>17928696
i haven't had the guts to even suggest lowkey that i don't like them. he's very sensible and would take it extremely personal...

>>17928757
how do i say something like that in a non harmful way to someone that has bad selfesteem?
>>
>>17928762
Tell him, that you dont want to hurt his feelings, it's just that you don't really like the motives he has come up with so far. offer your advice and insight anyways. and if he throws a tantrum, let him alone for the day and act as if nothing happend the next day.
>>
>>17928782
i just feel like it's none of my business in the end. if THAT's what he wants on his body, i wouldn't want him to not do it or change it just because it doesn't fit my taste. and if i tell him, there is just no winning. either he doesn't get a tattoo he previously tought was awesome enough to be on his body for the rest of his life or he will get it anyways but knows i don't like it.

i feel like i need to get to him on a deeper level. like i want to try and get him to overthink his reasons for getting a tattoo. so he gets one not just because he saw it on fb or whatever.
>>
>>17928681

Don't do this >>17928686

Just talk to him. It's so rare that there is any relationship problem of any kind that cannot be solved by simply forcing yourself to talk to your partner properly.

Tell him you don't want him to get more. It doesn't matter if it's reasonable or not, or that it's his body. It's how you feel. Like if he told you that he didn't like a new hairstyle you'd gotten, or didn't want you to get a new piercing. At least he knows then, and can take (or not take) your opinion into account. Talk through it, see if there's a compromise. Try to get him to explain his reasoning. Maybe he'll realize that becoming less attractive to you isn't worth it. Maybe you'll realize that it's something that makes him happy, so he should do it. But you'll never figure that out unless you talk to him.

This applies to ANY and ALL relationship issues.
>>
>>17928762
Show him a lot of the ficki ficki cases in Europe followed by a big Hitler red-pill. Explain to him tattoos are degenerate and that together y'all should GTKRWN.
>>
>>17928681
he's trying way too hard (if it wasn't tats it would be something else in an attempt to be edgy) and I question why you are with a guy like this. He's not gonna change
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.