[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel no purpose in life. I've come to a point where I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: city.png (442KB, 684x377px) Image search: [Google]
city.png
442KB, 684x377px
I feel no purpose in life.

I've come to a point where I'm just going through the motions, so to say.

I recently finished university with a bachelor's. Now I'm in a full time job making a decent salary. I've come out of a pretty bad relationship, but I've been in worse. Except, none of it phased me -- it was nothing new. It's almost as if I just expected it to happen.

Anyway, I've started to dabble in drugs to see what the culture/lifestyle was like. And even then I don't feel any really tug toward it. Neither did I feel this with alcohol.

I can't find a lifestyle I want/like that I want to have for the rest of my life.

To top things off, I don't really fit in with any groups of people -- you know, groups who hang out and do specific hobbies. Even in that case, I just don't feel I belong anywhere, really.

I'm not depressed per se, but I just don't feel like committing to anything in life -- I'm apathetic about most things, but I'll try it out just to experience it.

I mean, my next thing I want to do, just out of my boredom is join the military until I hit my 30s (21 right now). Then, may be I'll travel the world.

But I fear nothing will stop this constant feeling that I will never have anything in life that I truly enjoy or will captivate me.

I don't really know how to explain this /adv/
>>
>>17928535
I want to explain myself a bit further. I've tried a lot of hobbies, hiking, eating out for the sake of trying new things, reading, coding, learning a language, working out, etc. And nothing just felt right, and neither did the people that did it. Nothing against it, I just didn't feel like it was me or that I belonged there. If that makes sense. It's not that I didn't try things out because I'm afraid of it or afraid of trying new things -- it's I didn't feel any different or experienced emotions because of it.

I'm just trying to live a life that I can enjoy /adv/, but I don't know why nothing is working
>>
>>17928535
Bump. I guess what I'm asking is how to get rid of this feeling that I don't fit in anywhere while also trying to be happy in life
>>
>>17928535
You are just suffering from the "What Now?" syndrome. You spent years devoting your energies toward specific goals - getting a degree, getting a job, having a girlfriend. You've done all those things and suddenly find yourself goal-less. All that creative and disciplined energy, and nowhere to put it.

The answer is obvious but not simple. Find new goals. The not-simple part is figuring out where you are in life (not a bad place, as you describe it), where you want to go next (this might mean job advancement, a new romance, or something sideways, like exploring a hobby or interest), and how to start the process of getting to the goals.

And then, in two years, or five or ten, you'll do it again. Life is a journey of setting short-to-medium range goals, reaching them, and then setting new ones.
>>
>>17928597
I do have goals. I tend to think you're right to extent, however. The thing is, all of it just seems like it's just the thing to do -- as if I don't actually want it, but I'll do it anyway. If that makes sense.

I mean, one of the only reasons I want to join the Air Force is because it'll bide my time. And then who knows, when I leave I'll get into politics. But I just can't see myself truly enjoying any of it, really.

I have goals -- I want a family, wife, a well paying job, and so on. But I just feel no contentment in any of it -- I'm just doing it because that's what everyone is suppose to do.

I mean, sure it comes down to what am I going to do now, but then when I actually do said goal, I don't feel a whole lot of anything -- nothing really changes my feelings about life.

I don't know if this makes sense, I'm trying to explain this feeling I have, but it's hard
>>
>>17928610
Create short-term goals. Determine to lose weight or learn Italian or paint your room or something within the next X months. Do it, and then set another short-term goal.

You can easily come up with an endless string of these, and meanwhile the longer-term goals will come to you.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.