[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Three weeks ago I posted on /adv/. I'm a 27 year old virgin,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0006.jpg (93KB, 560x415px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0006.jpg
93KB, 560x415px
Three weeks ago I posted on /adv/.

I'm a 27 year old virgin, with a decent job. When I was 21 I committed to staying single etc. as avoiding relationships and rejection led to my mood being far more stable than before.

I'd been having after work drinks sometimes with a girl from work, it was fun etc. She text me asking if I was single. I didn't respond. Two days later she text apologising for being inappropriate. Again I didn't respond.

I'd asked /adv/ for help removing myself from the situation as I don't ever want to have a relationship and I certainly wouldn't have one at work, risking people finding out my inexperience and appearing weak.

In the end I never responded as I really didn't know how to respond, yet stay outside of the relationship paradigm.

Today I was back in the office for the first time since these texts. When I walked past her desk it was clearly awkward.

How do I fix the situation and return to having enjoyable after work drinks, yet keep my commitment to never being involved in relationships?
>>
>>17926944

Are you comfortable with lying? Just say: "Sorry, I'm in a complicated situation with someone. I'd prefer not to talk about it right now."

Keep in mind that she might have been hanging with you because she liked you, so maybe she won't want to hang anymore.
>>
>>17926948
Not really I don't want to get entangled in a web of lies.
>>
tell her "hey sorry I didn't reply. My last relationship was shitty and I wasn't sure about jumping so soon into a new one"
She'll understand...But make sure you really don't want to be with her or else you'll blow your chance
>>
>>17926999
But that means lying. If she asks any questions about this fake relationship I literally will have no idea what to say as I have no experience in this arena.

Also this kind of response means I then get trapped into having to deal with "relationship stuff".

I never had the upside from relationships, I shouldn't have to deal with the downsides.
>>
>>17926975
a "web of lies" lol, sure
stop overthinking it, just use what anon told ya. Its a great white lie and she will get the message without you having to explain with great difficulty what kind of a person you are.
>>
>>17927038
But what about:

"Also this kind of response means I then get trapped into having to deal with "relationship stuff".

I never had the upside from relationships, I shouldn't have to deal with the downsides."
>>
If she asks for details just say you don't want to talk about it. Job done.
>>
Just tell her starting a relationship with a coworker is a bad idea. Drinks are fine though.
>>
Nobody waste their time responding in this thread. We gave OP advice last time and he ignored it completely, he'll do the same thing again. He's clearly mentally ill.
>>
Not this fag again
>asks for advice
>rejects absolutely everything out of hand
Literally everyone in the other thread told you to respond to her and how. But you didn't and now it's awkward, who could have possibly predicted that? Oh wait we did, so fuck you op you refused our advice now deal with the consequences.
>>
>>17926944

Maybe you should just be honest with her, and honest with yourself. Why are you afraid of relationships? How much do you love you?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.