[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you get over a girl but still be friends with her? There's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1397384002051.jpg (300KB, 1280x972px) Image search: [Google]
1397384002051.jpg
300KB, 1280x972px
How do you get over a girl but still be friends with her?

There's this girl I found to be incredibly attractive and she liked me back. We almost started dating until she revealed something that was a dealbreaker for me. And it turned out we had incredibly different views about dating. I knew I wouldn't be happy with the relationship. I didn't want to just suddenly avoid all contact with her though because we have similar classes/social groups and it would be very awkward. I want to still be in platonic terms.

I still find her god damn attractive though and it sucks to feel this way about someone I can't be with.

How do I get over it?
>>
A new girl?
>>
Give it time.
>>
>>17925687
Do you lose attraction to someone over time?

How do I unattract myself to her?

>>17925677
I'm on 4chan, that should be an indicator that I don't find girls often.
>>
I should also note that she still wants to be with me, which makes it doubly frustrating. I'm the one that's preventing the relationship. But a dealbreaker is a dealbreaker.
>>
>>17925673
>How do you get over a girl but still be friends with her?

>>17925699
>I should also note that she still wants to be with me

That's the problem, mate. It's not enough for YOU to want to be friends. She has to want it too. And if she keeps trying to be more, then sorry, but it doesn't sound like friendship will be easy or even possible.
>>
>>17925719
Currently, I DON'T want to be friends. I want to be in a relationship with her but a version of her where she has matching views of relationships. I want to want to just be friends with her, if that makes sense, because I know a relationship wouldn't work like this. So I'm trying to unattract myself to her.

I don't know if she will be willing to be friends though, but I always had the assumption that girls were more okay with it than guys. Plus we were already friends.
>>
>>17925673
>We almost started dating until she revealed something that was a dealbreaker for me.
what was it?
>>
>>17925786
What difference to your answer would it make if I told you?
>>
>pls respond
>>
>>17925799
We can tell you if you're being reasonable or if you're being retarded. Deal breaker could mean anything.
>>
What's the deal breaker OP?
>>
>>17926064
>>17926092
Religious abstinence
No meeting her parents
No affection of any kind in public
>>
>>17926788
Her requiring religious abstinence from you is bullshit. You can't drag her into a church and she can't drag you out.The rest sound like she is unwilling to commit and/or has a bad family situation. If I were you, I'd not kill the relationship, but put your issues out in the open, lay down counter-rules, say

1. I am not enforcing my religious views on you, please refrain from doing the same on me

2. We can meet your parents when you are comfortable, but if we're together for some time, like several months, I'll think you are ashamed of me if you don't want me to meet them.

3. Either we are in a relationship or we are not. I am not going to grope you in public or anything similar, but I ain't hiding we're together, either.

And this is a one-time non-negotiable offer, if you want to be with me, decide and stick with it.

Some women like when guys get bossy. Anyway, that's how I'd play it, and if she says no, you walk away and don't look back. As these are not major requests, it means she is not really interested in you and no matter how attractive, she is not a good match for you.
>>
>>17925673
>How do you get over a girl but still be friends with her?
just fucking don't
it's pathetic
>>
>>17927332
Thanks, this post actually helps.

A sexless relationship for me is a dealbreaker though and I think it's wrong to try to convince her to have sex with me, that's mainly why I don't think this relationship won't go through. She would have to give up her abstinence and want to have sex. She doesn't and that's her major flaw. Asking to give up her abstinence would be enforcing my beliefs on her.

It can't hurt to try but I have little hopes that it will work.
>>
>>17927437
Do the thing that other women seem to be doing around here, date her and keep a list of side bitches.
>>
>>17927457
What does that mean? Plop out once I find someone better?
>>
>>17927481
No, you're not cut out for it. Just do your own thing and stay away from crazy.
>>
So I'm still wondering if there are ways I can move on or like her less somehow without destroying our friendship.
>>
shameless bump
>>
>>17927668
Fuck someone else. Continue friendship. As soon as you're invested in someone else the feelings will be gone, and you now know how each other feel, so that door has been opened for the future for when maybe she deals with her dealbreakers.
>>
>>17928416
I'm not lucky with girls but I guess that's the best option I have.
>>
>>17925673
Fuck a horrendously ugly taiwanese chink and quit trying to aim for anything other than ugly as fuck trash looooooser.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.