[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why aren't women funny? How do I improve my humor skills

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown-1.jpg (6KB, 263x192px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown-1.jpg
6KB, 263x192px
Why aren't women funny? How do I improve my humor skills as a woman? It seems fun to write jokes and lines as a hobby. Also it's a great social skill.
>>
>>17925162
>dont use your body/boobs/ass/vagina as a base for jokes. Too many fucking women comedians are always flaunting the "Sex Sells" motive and it's stale and not funny.
>You arent funny because you have boobs and a sex appeal.
>pretty much just dont make sexy/fart/ONE OF THE GUYS AHURHURHR jokes
>>
I'm a girl who's people consider funny, but I really couldn't tell you how to be funny. I have noticed that the harder people try to be funny, the more it falls flat though.
>>
>>17925162
the basis of all comedy is tragedy. every joke that is funny is at the expense of someone else.
take the chicken crossed the road joke
this isnt very funny but its considered a joke because it plays off of the expectations and fools the person youre telling the joke to.
another staple of comedy is the reversal of expectations. when something happens that doesnt make sense or you didnt expect to happen it can make you laugh. to 13 year olds this is just loltehrandumbXDpancakesnWAFFLES humor but there are definitely more mature versions of it.

writing original jokes is difficult because its easier to add onto something than make something new, hence why a lot of people can be clever/sharpwitted in social situations but wouldnt work well as a standup comedian.

don't be afraid to be mean to people, but never be cruel in person. (the idea of someone being unnecessarily cruel to someone can be funny if written right in a joke but in person it might now land well) don't take yourself seriously, avoid inserting your gender or your vagina or dick or fart jokes into comedy since those are almost always cringey and always be thinking about how other people view you.
if you play the fool make sure you act like it, if youre being the straightman or monotone sarcastic character make sure you look like it as well in delivery and facial expression to really get the most out of a joke.
>>
>>17925174
Pretty much this. You can't just practice being funny, you just do what you do.

Also don't use dicks and vaginas and such as jokes, that shit is so old and annoying. Amy Schumer has really been a set back for women comedians because everything is MUH VAGINA.
>>
>>17925162

I was about to start in on this topic, but really, this is not something you should be having trouble Googling.
>>
>>17925186
But guys complain about women in their jokes and acts, and that's funny. How is that different? Why is that funny? (Bill Burr on Motherhood)
>>
>>17925162
I've known plenty of funny girls and there's absolutely nothing that separates them from funny guys. Some people are funny, and some people aren't. It has nothing to do with gender If you aren't funny, OP, then you just aren't funny and trying to force it will just you unfunny.

source: i'm a guy who most people consider funny
>>
>>17925195

First you build trust in your intended audience with more accessible, less divisive material. Then you can take chances, and you'll have a better chance of succeeding in getting the reaction you want.

Pretty much true of any art form.
>>
>>17925195
Womens antics and such mostly, not jokes about what they do with their genitals. Genital jokes are the lowest form of comedy since it's just for shock value. If woman complains about a guys antics or shit he does, that can be funny just as it can be vice versa but when it just goes to some sexual shit, not so funny.
>>
>>17925195
complaining about women is more of a taboo than complaining about men.
women talking shit about men is almost a cultural cliche in the media at this point
but a bunch of men getting together and shit talking women, while it does happen, is considered a lot more offensive.
it gets more of a suprise out of the audience

that being said there are definitely funny jokes that can be made at the expense of men, as long as its actually original and has an actual semblance of truth to it and its actually a joke and not just an observation about a typical mans behavior.
>>
>>17925195
I'm the girl that anon was replying to. That's not the only thing guys joke about. People aren't going to complain that you make jokes about vaginas, being a woman and stupid shit men do unless that's all you joke about. Life is more than gender and genitalia, so make jokes about more than gender and genitalia. People wouldn't complain so much about people like Amy Schumer if her jokes weren't all about a narrow range of subjects.
>>
>>17925162
Mock people in a creative way.
>>
>>17925210
Hit the nail on the head here. Stand up has become pretty stale these days, it does all seem to have gender and genitalia focus.
>>
Several reasons

1) Women are not strong enough to recover from true struggle and joke about it
2) Women don't maintain focus long enough to formulate a coherent political observation that rises above the basic bitch, you're given a pass in these circles because having even passing knowledge on the topic elevates you above %99 of women on the topic, and if people in these positions were men they would not be paid attention to. Hillary Clinton for instance.
3) We're used to ignoring your obvious bland bread personality and intellect flaws to get pussy, this makes it hard for women to be able to practice comedy for an objective audience so they rise and fall very quickly because people don't criticize them.
>>
>>17925225
Aside from being obvious bait

>several reasons
>only lists 3
>>
>>17925225
Also, women have no sense of humor and simply don't understand banter. It is impossible to banter with a woman without her getting belligerent and butthurt.
>>
>>17925232
This so much, a grill who can handle the bantz is a keeper.
>>
>>17925229
Its not bait, I have 3 sisters. You'll hear the exact same shit come out of Ann Coulter or Margaret Thatchers mouth if you think its muh soggy knees.

>inb4 you call those women names because you detect infertility and that makes women aggressive from the onset towards them

>Women are elevated in intellectual circles for meeting what is considered the minimum standards for men
This is a fact
>Women are elevated in social circles so that men can get pussy
This is also a fact, even if a man swears off of doing this he will sometimes do it without realizing.
>>
well people generally consider me funny.

I stick to mostly tongue in cheek jokes, because that's my style, and I love banter, and take what I dish out. I also stray away from making a person feel bad, because a joke stops being funny when someone gets hurt. seriously, don't make someone else feel bad just to make yourself look good. also, joke about real shit as well, throw in some self-deprecation, be blunt and flat with your delivery, and idk, there you go, people will think you're a fucking comedian.
>>
Get drunk af and start talking about your vagina!
>>
By laughing at men's jokes :D
>>
>>17925162
Don't do either of these

>Copout sex jokes
>Those nonsensical silly "little girl" jokes

And you'll be fine.
>>
I like how all the people complaining about women not being funny vome off as vompletely humourless themselves.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.