[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will be starting my second day as a grocery store clerk later

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Will be starting my second day as a grocery store clerk later today for the first time.

So much to take in, and I'm still pretty nervous.

If I can get any advice, or tips at all it'd be really appreciated.

Trying my best to get out of NEET hell.
>>
File: 1479284311193.png (141KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1479284311193.png
141KB, 800x600px
>>17925110
Good for you. Be happy. Be positive. Learn as much as you can. See this as a chance to learn. See what you can do to get advancement. Good Luck OP.
>>
>>17925110
Don't piss off your manager.
>>
>>17925110
Why?
>>
>>17925115
Thanks man will do.

>>17925122
I'm already practically brown nosing, but not laying it too thick.
>>
>>17925110
Whenever you want to say FUCK YOU, just say HAVE A NICE DAY instead but in the same tone of voice. It helps me.
>>
>>17925110
Move fast, walk fast, do everything as fast as you can and be eager to do more and improve on speed
>>
File: too early for this feel.jpg (16KB, 400x449px) Image search: [Google]
too early for this feel.jpg
16KB, 400x449px
They will try to break you. They will try to hurt you. They will make you swallow your pride. They will crush your spirit at every opportunity. Your work will be undone in a moment's notice. Never lose your smile anon.
>>
>>17925110

I haven't worked in a grocery store before, but the general tenets of work in one of these kinds of manual labor jobs always stand. Get a task, do a task, ask for another task. Do it efficiently. If you need help, ask for it, and if someone else needs help, provide it.

You're not saving the world here, and you're going to have managers who treat it like you are. They're likely the people who are never going to escape the hell you're in.

As long as you provide consistent, steady, reliable work that is done right, you'll be noticed. Don't panic, and don't try to tell your boss what they're doing wrong. Take your bruises for a bit, and you'll be respected enough later.
>>
>>17925129
Got it thanks man. Have a nice day Anon.

>>17925137
Gotta go fast, but also be efficient.
Thanks.

>>17925141
I'll try my best Anon. Thank you.

>>17925157
Thanks man.
I'll definitely try to prove myself.
>>
Some people are shit, but the majority of people will be nice to you if you're nice to them. With the shit ones, don't take it personally, they would have been grumpy no matter who it was.
>>
I've had problems keeping jobs in the past and the only advice I can give you is:

>don't be afraid to fail

Everyone fails, it's how you learn. Don't think there is anything you can't do, you can always figure it out or ask for help.

>be social
The jobs I've lasted the longest at were the jobs were I developed relationships with my coworkers. Don't just go to work and be a recluse there as well. Try to make some friends.
>>
>>17925180
>Everyone fails, it's how you learn.
Is that what you tell yourself to make yourself feel better about being unable to hold down jobs?
>>
>>17925182
No, I have plenty of excuses in my heads and actually my hatred of failure is one of the reasons I have problems holding jobs. I'd be so afraid of failing that I'd just quit, that way failing isn't even an option. Trust me, I fully acknowledge that I'm a piece of shit who is going nowhere in life. I'm just waiting for the day that I have the courage to kill myself.
>>
>>17925110
I used to work at a grocery store, take advantage of the free food that they're gunna throw out

I ate like a king for a while, produce was always throwing out perfectly good bannas strawberries and apples, and the bakery department likerally had a garbage bag full of donuts that didn't sell

oh and don't steal shit like I did
>>
>>17925182
Not that guy, but are you implying what he said about failure isn't true?
>>
>>17925182
It's actually one of the best ways to learn, but hey surely you've never learned from failures ay Anon?
>>
>>17925110
Smile and help the customers. Even if you can't be of much help, they'll appreciate the try. And if you can't help, don't abandon them. Call for someone else on the staff who can

Make friends with the head of your department and any other clerks in your department. Aside from making life at work nicer, this will enable you to go to them or send customers to them when something comes up you don't know.

If any superior gives you an order you don't quite understand, ask your question right then and there. Don't try to muddle through and make things worse.

Smile, be efficient, and learn fast.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.