[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hello anonymous strangers. I went and majored in music compo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: music-sheet-18528073.jpg (99KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
music-sheet-18528073.jpg
99KB, 1300x1300px
Hello anonymous strangers.
I went and majored in music composition. Now I want to continue my education and I can't decide between doing regular composition or electronic music+ recording media. Or like what I should do at all really. I'm lost.

i'd love to compose music for phone games and such. I'm kinda half electronic half composed stuff right now.

But anyway there's probably a least idiotic choice between the two, what do you think?

Here's a sample of something i'm working on. I'm pretty sure I'm not bad at composing? but then again you're all anonymous strangers who don't have to be nice to me:

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1Oj8bjfwdeT
>>
Well you made the mistake of thinking you are original.

Composition is making music but definition. But what it's not is being creative. You know the rules so you better fucking break them. Make something that doesn't follow a rule. Because who really cares, all that matters is that it sounds good. It's called theory not fact.
>>
I compose on the piano, and I've never had formal schooling in theory or composition (like a degree)

Personally, I think you should do neither and save yourself the money and just continue to experiment with what you're doing now. Find a style that you feel comfortable in (for me, it's a poppy swing feel), and just jam out in that and expand.

I didn't really like the piece you posted (take it from another music guy), but it wasn't bad, I could see something in a small app on an android. Believe me, I go through a lot of shit and half-baked pieces to get something good out. If you really don't want to leave schooling, I'd say go for electronic music just because of it's versatility (being able to use FL Studio is vastly better than being able to compose something wicked on the piano if you want to make soundtracks for videogames)

Just my two cents
>>
>>17924959
No i'm not doing anything original right now i'm just mixing stuff up. I tried to copy something.
I'm scared. My teachers tell me one thing and you guys tell me something else and like I don't know who my audience is. I want so badly to do what you're saying but i worry too much. I'm experiencing like an existential crisis. Ok i'm gonna just try and not give a fuck what other people think because i just wanted to please everyone but obviously that won't work. I think i could definitely do good if i just let it go

>>17924978
Yeah you are right. I can definitely see why you didnt like my piece it's sloppy and i was clearly trying to copy something. fuck now i dont know what to do.
I will try to jam out and expand. I dont have anything i feel comfortable in besides my blues 3rd scale.
I'm panicking i dont know if this was all for nothing??? I know what instruments go well together and their ranges and how to write for a string quartet but thats not gonna fuckin help me right now!
i wanted to study 17th century counterpoint but yeah i think electronic media is more marketable??? ;_; i just i dont know man but thanks for helping me
>>
>>17925047
Electronic music is more marketable, but I sincerely recommend you to just create the music that you feel most comfortable with.

It's important for you to know what kind of music you have fun in creating
>>
>I studied music here's a piece
>What? You don't like it haha...yeah it's sloppy...
>Maybe all this was for nothing

You're never gonna make it like this man.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.