[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Medfags? I've tried to patch up a pretty deep wound on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: 20170104_201809.jpg (675KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170104_201809.jpg
675KB, 2048x1152px
Medfags?
I've tried to patch up a pretty deep wound on my leg, but it's been 7 days now and it doesn't seem to be healing.

The steristrips don't work so well on this area, plus whenever I try to redress the wound, the bandage ends up ripping up some subcutaneous tissue.
>>
>>17924574

im a nurse. go to the ER. or hell just go to a free clinic. anything but what you're doing. its a deep wound OP.
>>
>>17924574

also im leaving this thread and asking no one else respond, eve nif you ahve medical experience. the more we post the more OP will try to squeeze a little more information out of us.

just go to the hospital.
>>
>>17924577
I can't. I'm not a US national and don't have travel/health insurance.
>>
>>17924574

yuck

go to emergency room as soon as you read this post

you need stitches and antibiotics or you will get an infection in your bloodstream and die

redpill

that cut is too big for you to fix without stitches and it's already infected
>>
File: 20161229_111629.jpg (816KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161229_111629.jpg
816KB, 2048x1152px
>>17924752
It's too late for stitches now, it's been 7 days already. The reason why I didn't get them in the first place is because I won't be able to afford them.

Anyway, I've done a pretty decent job so far. This is what it looked like at the start.

I just want some bandage/cleanup advice because it doesn't seem to be healing up.
>>
>>17924942
The fuck is wrong with you!
You need medical assistance ASAP. Let uncle Sam pay the bill, it's called emergency Medicaid.
You need antibiotics and you need 'em now.

If you insist in not going to a clinc, at least try to score some help from a vet. Vet as in veterinary, not veteran.
>>
>>17924962
I actually asked my nurse roommate at the time of the injury, and she said that I could probably patch it up myself.

>4chan actually giving better advice than people irl

I don't think I qualify for emergency medical assistance now, anyway, since it's been too long? I haven't got a fever/swelling, so probably not an infection?
>>
>>17924979
>>17924942
>>17924574
Do you want to fucking die?
>>
>>17924942
>posts pic of him holding wound open
>durr its not that bad

Well if you'd stop fucking with it it would heal faster, retard.
>>
Ok if you cannot seek proper medical help just make sure to keep everything under control. Do not attempt to further open the wound anymore and try not to touch it very often and if you do make sure your hands are clean. Do not leave it uncovered and just wait. It's gonna be a long recovery and if you do get the chance to speak with a medical professional do that immediately.
>>
>>17924595
Lmao then go to a Mexican barber shop
>>
>>17924994
Yea. This is the type of shit that can take months and if unlucky it could take a few years to fully heal by itself, if OP is still alive.
>>
>>17924994
I'm obviously not trying to open the wound; in fact, I've been desperately trying to get the steristrips to hold the skin together, with no avail. The skin is meant to heal beneath the strips but it's been 7 days and it's still wet. I'm actually thinking maybe I should let it air out and scab over.

Returning to the UK next week, which will probably be too late to do anything about it.
>>
>>17925013
That's not a flesh wound, it's a fucking laceration, you need stitches. Steristrips are not made for lacerations that deep. It's not going to scab over, it's going to stay open unless forced closed and allowed to heal from within.
>>
>>17924979
Trust me mate, it's already infected.
There are free clinics that can deal with this kind of shit at least until you go back home.

There's also the superglue method which I would not recommend since you insist in not taking care of the urgent problem at hand: infection.
>>
>>17925022
wow you sound like a very knowledgeable person.

OP you need stitches.

At the very least medical crazy glue.

I think walgreens has it. but if your desperate use regular crazy glue, pinch the wound closed and apply on the top only not the fucking inside.
>>
>>17925046
>>17925040
Yeah I was planning on doing the glue method but didn't have any at hand. Currently I'm concerned because the skin is just not holding together once I start walking, once I start walking I doubt the glue will hold up either.

>Stitches
A&E won't stitch me up after 12 hours...let alone 12 days.
>>
>>17925046
Idk if this is sarcasm but I will take it as a compliment either way

>>17925059
You're risking a lot right now, if you don't realize it. You could get tetanus, an infection and if it's deep enough (Which it looks to be) could go septic since its been left open so long. That's the kind of injury we see in the emergency department. You can't just not go, you HAVE to go and see someone, because that's not getting better without professional intervention.
>>
>>17925065
(Me again) while they may not give you ditches they can at least give you antibiotics to combat whatever may have gotten in, with the biggest concern being sepsis, which is when bacteria gets into your blood and travels around, causing an inflammatory response everywhere in the body at once and can be very dangerous. They'll also clean and dress it, but if it's been over a week and they want to suture it shut they may have to recut it so anything that attempted to scab over is fresh enough to be sutured shut and heal properly.
>>
>>17925065
How much would it cost to get it fixed up?

>Infection
I've not got any of the symptoms which suggest infection, though? I doubt it'll be that bad. I'm currently just predicting bad scarring, I have a tendency to form hypertrophic scars.
>>
>>17925076
>it doesn't look infected
This is why people die to shit like this. By the time you can visibly see it, it's time to go to the chopping block
>>
>>17925076
Anything can happen pretty quickly with a wound open like that, so irs better to play it safe. Stitches can be notoriously expensive. If you have no assistance what so ever financially it could be over $2000-$3000. Welcome to American health care.
>>
OP just call an ambulance tell them you cut yourself or something.

Its better to deal with debt then an amputated leg.

Also Gangrene is your worst enemy right now its untreatable and will cost you your leg.

also stop moving your leg and knee your only tearing the skin more to the point there gonna have to do skin grabs.

Also you cut yourself in the worst possible place, ontop of a joint. why risk your leg man over $$$ no amount of money will bring your original leg back.
>>
>>17925096
For £100 I can hasten my flight, but I seriously think you guys are blowing this out of proportion. I just need some advice to stop the bandage damage. I've been keeping the area moist using vaseline and applying antiseptic ointment daily.

>stop moving your leg
I've got to walk to the station and back to get to work every day. Called in sick the day it happened, I can't justify any more days off.

Seriously, I don't have any money. I'm a Brit student, here for only a few weeks.
>>
>>17925103
I'm giving my advice as a PA-C based on the information provided. What you do is ultimately up to you, and my perception of the severity is based off of two images in a thread on a Mongolian basket weaving forum, so I can only give advice on so much and be helpful to a certain extent. At least get a consultation in person and don't rely entirely on the word of strangers on a Tibetan throat singing image board.
>>
>>17925103
It will never heal if it's not stitched and allowed to heal, bottom line.
You're gonna lose your leg, dude.
>>
>>17925103
Why the fuck are you working in the states?
>>
>>17924574
If you're really scared, go to ER. A deep wound takes months to fully heal. I've been in a similar situation before. You should apply antiseptic in the form of a cream, keep the wound closed with strong bandages, and avoid contact with water. Make sure to change those bandages everyday.
>>
Go to the emergency room and don't pay the bill, they can't force you to pay the bill if you're going to a different country next week, people from Mexico do it all the time, it can't effect your credit and they can't send debt collectors to a different country. You don't have to pay up front they can bill you later they'll still treat you if you don't have money. You can literally not bring an id and give them a fake name and they'll still treat you
>>
>>17925216
M8, I'm not even going to attempt doing anything like that in the US.
>>
>>17924574
Everyone here says go to ER. They are all correct. Listen to them. Screw the money.

Also, that must still after so long going untreated hurt as fuck. What are you taking for the pain relief and please don't say 1 asprin a day? That looks like its in diclofenac or morphine territory.
>>
>>17924574
It looks like it healed pretty nicely compared to what it was originally. Go and undress the wound and wash it throughly and try to use some disinfectant if you can after you wash it. If you don't have a disinfectant, then make sure you rinse your mouth with water several times and apply your own saliva to the wound. Dress the wound with copious amounts of cotton and wrap it up tightly with some cloth or wrapping material. Do this every 24 hours and you should be fine within a week or so.
>>
>>17925291
Oh yeah, when you're washing the wound, only use water to wash it. Make sure all the bodily fluids and funk that built up in there is gone or at least almost gone.

t. Medfag
>>
GO TO THE FUCKING HOSPITAL YOU GOD DAMN IDIOT UNLESS YOU WANT TO DIE OF SEPSIS
>>
>>17924595

Go to the fucking hospital. That wound is going to get gangrene or infect your blood and your ass is dead.

OP, you're fucking retarded. You're just gonna have to go into debt. Go to the fucking hospital. Do you want to lose a limb?
>>
>>17925291
I'm hesitant about undressing it because it tends to start bleeding once the bandages are off. I also don't want to remove the steristrips because the entire cut simply reopens to its original width every time I've done that.
Would applying the disinfectant between the gaps on the strips work? I've applied strips three times already trying to close it up as best as I can, it closes into a nice slit until I walk.
>>
>>17924574
please make a thread when you're more fucked up than now.

or if you don't get the chance and die, contact me from the afterlife (no scary shit though, just plain straight communication, give me life tips and so on)

but don't say we didn't try to help you afterwards
>>
>>17925285
No pain relief.
>>
>>17925324
I guess what you could do is do what I said and then also using the strips on top of the cotton. If you keep the same wrapping for too long, you'll most likely developed some nasty shit around that area so I would advise for you to change it.
>>
>>17925324
If you're worried about bleeding, wash the wound thoroughly with clean water and nothing else, then if you have chalk in powdered form, you can apply chalk to your wound to act as a pseudo scab. This will hurt a little but it will stop the bleeding/bodily fluids from coming out. Then if you chose to do this, cover the wound with cotton and then wrap it up tightly with a cloth or wrapping material. Again, change this dressing every day and wash out the chalk when undressing. Apply the chalk again also when redressing the wound.
>>
File: 20161229_133214.jpg (826KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20161229_133214.jpg
826KB, 2048x1152px
>>17925331
Well I'm trying to minimise scarring, without the strips holding the two flaps of skin together I'm left with an inch-wide keloid.
I'll remove the gauze and daub it with peroxide, then ointment and a fresh non-stick cotton pad. Thanks for the recommendation. Non-stick cotton pads still stick though, which is giving me problems as the subcutaneous fat sticks and rips with it whenever I change the dressing. The steristrips, since they're not doing a good job holding the skin (instead sticking to the wound) are also keeping the flesh beneath wet - is this a problem or a good kind of moistness?

Pic of the first round of steristrips, this was what it looked like 7 days ago.
>>
>>17925345
It doesn't really matter if the cotton would stick because the goal here is to make it so the wound isn't wet. The cotton will do a good job of absorbing any bodily fluids from the wound. Just remember the wrap the whole thing up tightly with something so that there's pressure being applied.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.