[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you deal with debilitating cringe attacks, /adv/? You

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1307844754001.png (28KB, 241x230px) Image search: [Google]
1307844754001.png
28KB, 241x230px
How do you deal with debilitating cringe attacks, /adv/?

You know, the kind where you remember something absolutely retarded you did x years ago? So retarded and absurd that you have no idea what made your younger self do or say it?

The memories usually pop up because of some loose association, unexpectedly. They can fuck up my concentration for the next ten, twenty minutes. I'm positive I'm not alone in this.
>>
>>17924338
bump 'cause i'd like to know too
>>
>>17924338
Don't care about it. Someone out there has probably done worse than you, and someone worse than them, and so on and so on. Chances are whatever you did isn't even present in the thoughts of whoever else witnessed that. Or even if they do remember, it's probably do minimal that they brush it off or bring it up as a lighthearted joke. You are your worst critic, so obviously you'd dramatize something as being worse off than it actually was. Life is full of mistakes friend, picking yourself up and continuing to move forward from them is what makes you stronger.
>>
>>17924338
I usually divert it by thinking about the memory metaphysically. So don't think about the details or the act literally, but instead use it to think about the bigger picture. Usually that's easier to handle in the moment than the awkwardness of the act itself.
>>
>>17924338
Not alone, I have a few select memories that come back to haunt me every once in a while.
>>
I only regret not having the courage to act on my instincts, which I know now were 100% correct.
>>
Everyone has those toughts.

One thing I've noticed that has worked is instead of trying to repress the memory I'd instead try to evoke it as lucid as possible, it is painful but it stops bothering me afterwards... however the next time I just get a different memory instead so it might not be worth it, then again some mememories are more painful than others so yeah.

Also realize that you have witnessed dumb shit done in front of you yet you can't remember most of it, it also works the other way around.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.