[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is it socially acceptable for women to deceive men with all

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 7

File: sippy_sip.png (606KB, 600x402px) Image search: [Google]
sippy_sip.png
606KB, 600x402px
Why is it socially acceptable for women to deceive men with all the shit they put on their faces? It's catfishing pure and simple
>>
>>17922421
What's stopping you from buying one tailored suit and renting a sportscar before you hit the clubs?
>>
Are you so dense that you actually think women have blue eyelids, inch long eyelashes, or bright red lips?
>>
>>17923527
thats literally so much more expensive and trouble than slathering on make up
>>17923532
not all makeup is that obvious. the point of it is to seem like there isn't any

damn you fucks are dense
>>17922421
because men usually only care that the girl is sexy and don't think that deeply about it until the makeup is off. Also, women think they need it to look attractive. also, because its easily accessible
>>
>>17923545
>not all makeup is that obvious. the point of it is to seem like there isn't any
If a girl is wearing makeup that dramatically transforms her face, it's going to be obvious
>>
>>17923557
no it isn't. she could just be covering up unsightly blemishes or spots with skin tone colored cosmetics
>>
>>17923545
>so much more expensive and trouble than slathering on make up
Net time, effort, dollars, daily over a decade or two?
If you'd spent as much time and effort in the gym as the women "slathering on makeup", you'd have it just as easy as they do.
If you're angry, it's because they invested in learning how to promote themselves and you weren't smart enough to do likewise.
>>
>>17923568
That's not exactly deceiving then, is it? If it's something major that she's covering, most girls wouldn't bother covering it on a daily basis, and if she did, you'd be able to see the product caked on her face.
>>
Here's a tip - if someone's eyelids have a silvery glow/are dark to their brow bone it make-up. Stop being so stupid and getting fooled.
>>
Well, when you don't wear makeup everyone asks if you're sick because you have dark circles under your eyes and the like.

Also, good makeup is $50 for each thing.
>foundation
>toner
>blush
>eyeshadow
>eyeliner
>concealer
>lipstick
>highlighter
>eyebrow pencil
etc. etc.
9x50=$450
there's much more than what I mentioned as well. Makeup is not cheap.
>>
>>17923590
Uh, I don't spend $50 apiece on makeup. Stop buying everything Youtube 'beauty gurus' are shilling you
>>
>>17922421
don't be butthurt senpai you can wear make up too, if you have acne you could even cover it up. It would be uncommon but maybe even a bit fun! Try it senpai!
>>
>>17923596
I don't. I barely wear makeup. I was just saying that good makeup can be quite expensive, and generally girls have a lot of it. Rebutting OP's assumption that it's not expensive.
>>
>>17923603
But he's right, it's not expensive. It just depends on how much you're willing to spend on it. Also the assumption that expensive = good is just plain wrong when it comes to makeup nowadays
>>
>>17923603
You can't not wear makeup and then claim to know how much it costs. No one buys a $50 eyeliner, and if you wore makeup, you'd know that.
>>
>>17923621
Depends on how much you're willing to pay. I have friends who are rich and who pay that.
>>
>>17923623
Obviously. Clearly money isn't an issue for them so 'it's expensive' isn't a barrier. But it's not like there aren't cheaper alternatives that work just as well like you're implying.
>>
Why aren't you attracted to healthy women of child-bearing age unless they put glitter and colored paints on their face?
>>
>>17923577
>comparing the gym to putting on make-up
I shouldn't have to tell you why this is retarded.
>>
>>17923661
you should though, because it seems like you don't have a logical reason against it
>>
File: 1480389967844.gif (856KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1480389967844.gif
856KB, 320x240px
>>17922421

One could ask why you think its socially acceptable to slather your autism all over the internet. There should be some sort of floating trash-island in the Pacific we can quarantine people like you on.
>>
>>17923674

>because it seems like you don't have a logical reason against it

If you honestly think that going to the gym and putting on makeup are at all equivalent in the context of this argument than the entire conversation is irrelevant because you don't have the intellectual capacity to facilitate basic logic and reasoning.
>>
>>17922421

>implying that women put make up on for the sole purpose of impressing your autistic ass
>>
If men didn't have to put im effort to attract a mate, our species would have hit a dead end at Homo erectus.

Deal with it.
>>
>>17923701
since you don't have the intellectual capacity to facilitate the basic logic and reasoning skills required to understand this, let me spell it out: your arguments are shit and will be torn apart within seconds
Now hand those arguments in and make this bait more fun
>>
File: 1481072795657.gif (3MB, 267x212px) Image search: [Google]
1481072795657.gif
3MB, 267x212px
>>17923750

I have not the time nor energy to explain to you how logic works, kid. Parroting my own words back at me isn't a response.

If you don't have the brain cells to process why your blatant false equivalency is incorrect than I'm backing out because engaging with you is a lost cause.

A key part of debate is debating with someone who has the intelligence to process the information and provide an intelligent response. Seeing as how you've proven you have all the processing power of a wet stump I'm going to let this one go.
>>
>>17923777
Yet you have time and energy to write this empty reply to him :V
>>
>>17923590
Makeup isn't cheap because women are retarded. I know the materials that is used in makeup and they sell it to women at HEAVILY inflated prices. The profit they make on everything they make is insane.

But just like diamonds, it's easy to sell things that are worthless at a much higher cost when you know your market is comprised entirely of emotional buyers.
>>
>>17922421
Cool story bro
>>
>>17923787
Here's some Terracotta, pig's fat, and an aloe in a flowerpot. Good luck.

>inb4 cost of labor
>inb4 medical research
>inb4 design and packaging
>inb4 business consulting
>>
>>17923701
Let's compare them in several categories
>effort
Gym - drive there, spend at least an hour, drive back
Make up - not more than the above, not on a daily basis at least

>money
Could be about the same - gym memberships and supplements probably cost about the same as make up. Stalemate.

>effect
My biggest argument would be that the gym makes you look good CONSTANTLY where as make up is something that you wear for just some part of the day, it's temporary.

Shoot those down big boi.
>>
>>17923787
>Makeup isn't cheap
There is plenty of cheap, decent makeup out there. 90% of high end makeup is marketing and brand names.
>>
>>17923856
>not more than the above, not on a daily basis at least

Wait what? have you actually seen a girl do her make up? The kind that really changes their appearance.
>>
>>17923856
>effort
Gym - what you said
make up - at least 30 minutes daily all together (prepping, putting on, removing, skincare in order to not mbreak ou like crazy underneath. Everyday make up use requires a lot more hygiene)
- researching what works on your face, following trends, learning how to apply it. guess you could say the same for looking up gym exercizes but make up trends change fast and have to be re updated every season

>money
agreed

>effect
most girls who wear make-up wera the same base make up every day, and only take it off at night. if you spend 95% of your waking time in the exact same thing, I'd argue it's part of your physical appearance.
A girl's face without make up is not her "normal" face the same way people look "off" when they take their glasses off
Also, you basically never see a girl without make up nowadays. Going out barefaced has everyone question your health and hygiene on a daily basis.
>>
File: 1394469468070.gif (1MB, 342x239px) Image search: [Google]
1394469468070.gif
1MB, 342x239px
>>17923856

>Shoot those down big boi.

Make up is a luxury product that when applied to the skin amplifies and accentuates your facial features.

Exercise is a biological imperative necessary for maintaining physical health and reducing risk of chronic disease.

Any other retarded things you'd like to compare?
>>
>>17923896
>at least 30 minutes daily all together

Have you guys ever been near a girl? Double that.
>>
>>17923896
>>17923912
It takes me 10 minutes, max, to put on makeup every day. Taking it off takes me 5 minutes, including washing my face. I wear more makeup than a lot of women too. When you get down to a routine, you can do it really quick.

Plus, a lot of my routine is things like washing, exfoliating and moisturising my face, which is something guys should be doing to take care of their skin too.
>>
File: 0.jpg (39KB, 600x603px) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
39KB, 600x603px
>>17923908
>going to the gym is a biological imperative necessary for maintaining physical health and reducing risk of chronic disease
>>
>>17923912

>Have you guys ever been near a girl?

I think we all know the answer to that one.
>>
>>17923916
>>17923912
they aren't, though
I was basing the 30min all together from my routine and what girls I know do, so yeah, it varies, just as gym time varies. Point is, make up is an everyday, fixed thing in your day, that affects your whole day
>>
>>17923908
>Exercise is a biological imperative necessary for maintaining physical health and reducing risk of chronic disease.
So it's something that both genders should be doing, and therefore women put in a greater combined effort because gym + makeup, when men just have to go the gym.
>>
File: 1375770204757.gif (785KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
1375770204757.gif
785KB, 400x225px
>>17923925
>>
>>17923929
smooth, anon
>>
>>17923931
we were comparing gym and make up anon, not living healthy and make up, your argument doesn't stand
20 year olds do not go to the gym to reduce risks of hemorroids, we're talking modification of physical appearance
>>
>>17923925
well, you don't have to go a gym but you do have to do some kind of exercise.
it just happens to be that a gym is usually the best unless you have enough property and your own weights to do stuff like pull around weight sleds which isn't a viable option for city dwellers.

regardless, I don't have much issues with make up but I personally don't think it's even the best thing you can do. The healthy look is better, investing in oils, snow mushrooms is better anyways.
>>
>>17923613
Holy shit you're a fucking idiot. How many girls do you even know?
I can't tell you how many friends I have who have perfect skin yet spend 60-160 a month on make up. Get your head out of your ass, go to Sephora and try to find on thing under $24, and that isn't even all high end.
Just because you wear elf and your Walgreens mascara doesn't mean that majority of make up isn't quite pricey because it fucking is.
>>
>>17923916
>It takes me 10 minutes, max, to put on makeup every day.

I'm really curious as to what you actually wear.
>>
>>17923929

>So it's something that both genders should be doing

All mammals should be doing it.

>and therefore women put in a greater combined effort because gym + makeup

Exercise is necessary for health. Make up is not.

>when men just have to go the gym.

No one HAS to go to the gym.

>>17923940

>we were comparing gym and make up anon, not living healthy and make up, your argument doesn't stand

You go to the gym, you become healthier. Doesn't matter why you go. Exercise is necessary for health. Make up is not.

>20 year olds do not go to the gym to reduce risks of hemorroids

Exercise is necessary for health. Make up is not. Continually widening the scope of your comparative guidelines is not going to change the simple fact that make up is a luxury item while a healthy circulatory and respiratory system is not.

Simple. Done and done. Comparative circle jerk over.
>>
>>17923948
This. Antyhing cheap might look good for the first hour and will INEVITABLY devolve into some flaky, dry, patchy, runny shit right after or somehow disappear off your face completely. Shit make up means that your skin will have to take all that damage and you'll buy your way back with treatments and soaps and lifesaviong moisturizers anyway.

cheap make up is bad make up and ugliness.
>>
>>17923948
>Sephora

Found your problem.
>>
>>17923967
>make up is not necessary
>no one HAS to go the gym
good, so in the point that you were trying to make, make up and the gym are exactly the same. go on. now tell me how they're different.

>You go to the gym, you become healthier.
good for you anon! the discussion is about changing your appearance, not health. caring for your skin is health as well but none of this has to do with the OP. you're irrelevant

So, are you going to start comparing or do you agree there is no conceptual diffrence?
>>
File: 1465364647864.png (205KB, 322x276px) Image search: [Google]
1465364647864.png
205KB, 322x276px
>>17923856
this is the worst post i saw on 4chan in a long time
you either very young or very stupid
>>
/fit/ jumping in here, you are a fucking idiot for not working out. And yeah, girls put a fuckton of work into their make-up. Speaking from growing up with three sisters and dating multiple women. You should put at least half as much effort in as they do into working out to obtain a minimum level of fitness.

Unless you just want to sit in a chair all day and complain about >tfw no gf

The chair will break eventually.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_cosmetic_coalitions

Makeup isn't for attracting men, it's for scaring them away.

>FCC proponents argue that menstruation became a key problem because it potentially creates conflicts between the females and conflicts between males. Menstruation has little social impact among chimpanzees or bonobos, since visible oestrus swellings are the focus of male attention. But once external signs of ovulation had been phased out in the human lineage, according to FCC, menstruation became salient as the one remaining external promise of fertility. Potentially, dominant males might exploit such information, repeatedly targeting newly cycling females at the expense of pregnant or nursing mothers (figure e). Those who might lose male investment needed to take control. According to FCC, older and more experienced females did this by initiating newly cycling females into their kin-based coalitions (figures f, g). Red ochre pigments allowed women to take conscious control over their signals, resisting any dominant male strategy of picking and choosing between them on biological grounds.[25][26] It is argued that because precise, sustained menstrual synchrony is difficult to achieve, painting up with blood-red pigments was the next best thing, enabling the benefits of artificial, ritually constructed synchrony.[27]

Even today you'll find that peak cakeface among girls is around the ages of 15-22. As women get ready to settle down, they tone down the makeup. Just a personal observation
>>
>>17923532
where are those images of 60yr old men transformed into good looking 20s women with some skilled makeup

Makeup is a useless money sink, it is the height of useless inefficiency that plagues our species. OP also has a point, it's commonplace and often deceiving.
>>
>people badmouth women if they don't wear make-up for being sloppy, they are also seen as unprofessional
>why do women wear make up, REEEE
I don't wear make-up because I don't give a fuck, but men sure are retarded about this.
>>
>people badmouth women if they don't wear make-up for being sloppy, they are also seen as unprofessional

I've never seen this happen.
>>
Most women in their daily life wear that thing called "no makeup makeup look".
Concealer, powder, minimal pencil/eyeliner/mascara, minimal blush, plucked and groomed eyebrows.

It never ceases to amaze me how men are so clueless about it.
>>
>>17923545
>only care if a girl looks sexy
If you're dating fuccbois, sure.
>>
>>17923557
Sure but all that tells you is there's something else underneath. Doesn't show what she actually looks like.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.