[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm beginning to suspect that free will doesn't exist

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I'm beginning to suspect that free will doesn't exist and that this is why I'm always lazy even though I want to do productive things.

If free will doesn't exist how can I get brain, my will, to favor doing productive things and working toward goals?
>>
Free will doesnt exist, but a world without free will is indistinguishable from a world with it. Basically you are just lazy, or havent figured out the necessary mental gymnastics to help convince you to do things you don't want to do.
>>
>>17919797
Free will doesn't exist but not to a degree you think.

You're lazy because you're used to being lazy and never learned work ethics due something like shitty parenting. That's something in your power to overcome and "muh determinism" is not a viable excuse.
>>
you're just being a lazy ass. free will doesn't exist in a sense, but not in the fashion you're thinking of. and if you really want to do something, just make yourself do it. quit being all "OH IT'S SO HARD TO DO THIS." dude, just quit your mental gymnastics of lagging on shit and just do it. wtf?
>>
>>17919797
That's not how free will works.
>>
OP, I'm not trying to be an ass.

But you're just looking for an excuse.

The only way to do stuff is to DO IT. It's hard, and if you're not used to it it's going to take a lot of willpower. it will suck. There is no beating around the bush there.

But the only way to do it is to do it, and make a habit of it. Stop trying to blame something else. It is your own lack of action that has led to this.
>>
>>17920545
To more specifically answer your last question. The best way to make yourself do something is to make it a habit, make it more fun, and make yourself accountable.

Start work at the same time every day. Your brain will switch gears more readily once it becomes a habit.

Make it more fun to give yourself more motivation to do it. Have a reward after, blast fun music, something to make it more bearable.

And make yourself accountable by telling people you're going to do something. Having someone else expect you to do the work will make you more likely to do it because you won't want to disappoint them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.