[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Recently, I find that I'm not enjoying video games like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1384987582268.jpg (46KB, 500x359px) Image search: [Google]
1384987582268.jpg
46KB, 500x359px
Recently, I find that I'm not enjoying video games like I used to (21 now). I have been playing them for an average of 4 hours a day, even as much as 8 hours but I can barely play them for more then 2 hours anymore.

This isn't exactly an issue for me. The real issue is that I have nothing to do in it's place and it's making me depressed because I have no idea what to do. I already play piano (I've been taking lessons for 2 years) and go to the gym 4 days a week.However, after I have done those things I find myself with nothing to do. My girlfriend has advised me to maybe volunteer somewhere. I was hoping you guys could give me some ideas that aren't watching anime like some of my friends do.

I want to do something that's at least moderately productive.
>>
>>17919660
Try a different genre. I used to just play RPGs all day and that got a little boring, then I started playing other kinds of games and it really helped me get back into gaming.

You could also maybe try reading or taking some kind of classes.
>>
you don't go to school or work? lol
>>
>>17919699
I go to school 2 days a week this session (my school splits the semester into 2 sessions and I went to school 5 days a week last session) and work Sat-Mon. I like to be busy doing something but what do I do when I've done everything I've had to do? Now that I don't play video games I have alot of "free time".

I'm also on break from school until this Thursday

>>17919692
I just might try reading. I did buy some books last year that I haven't even touched
>>
>>17919725
reading is good. If you really need your free time to feel productive, learn how to code or something (unless you're in school for that, obviously).
>>
>>17919660
Like you, I started playing music. (I now play in a band called the Sandwich Kings, its kick ass) But now I have a deeper respect for the art of games. Music, design, etc. Going back to play old games you love, as paradoxical as it sounds, can be really refreshing. Don't worry, I was exactly where you're at not long ago, you won't lose your interest. Everyone goes through this.
>>
>>17919916
Oh and also, its not just you, all the newer games are shit. Now is a good time to catch up on some older games you missed. It seems the industry is leaning more towards the more profitable outcome and not trying to make the best game possible.

Its those corporate fat cats man, they just want more money to fill their pockets, they lost sight of what really matters mannn.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.