[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be me university student >only one who stayed at the dorms

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: ice.png (36KB, 207x54px) Image search: [Google]
ice.png
36KB, 207x54px
>be me university student
>only one who stayed at the dorms for the holidays
>still dont have any friends
>pathetic never even held a girl's hand much less had sex virgin
>have nothing to do
>spend all day wandering around campus
>walk to the gas station, buy chips, walk back to my dorm and eat while on the computer
>nobody ever says a word to me aside from the clerk

I just dont know what to do
Im so fucking lonely
>>
>living on campus
>still didn't make friends
Fucking how? Back in college I literally had friends appear out of nowhere just due to the fact there's thousands of people your age that knows nothing about each other and just kinda wander around. There is nothing easier than this.
>>
>>17919498
Thanks that really makes me feel like a massive piece of shit
>>
Why have you not made friends?
>>
>>17919547
I don't know? Why else would I be here
>>
>>17919506
I will be your friend OP
>>
Watch your favorite anime and then shitposts about it senpai
>>
>>17919554
If you don't know, how the fuck are we supposed to know and therefore help you?
>>
join clubs OP
>>
>>17919565
Huh
>>
Take roids work out everyday and go on tinder and find a girl into bdsm.
>>
>>17919571
I tried but everyone there is already in an established group
I didn't jive with the dnd club, the game club collapsed and has been unmade (I didn't fit in either way ). I'm not smart enough for mahjong and I felt like an outsider. Everyone just gives me weird looks. I want to die
>>
>>17919583
>I want to die
what's stopping you? a rope costs $3
>>
>>17919583
I'm assuming you play video games, right? Who says your friends need to be IRL?
>>
>>17919603
Not OP, but irl friends are much different to online friends
>>
>>17919588
Thanks
>>17919603
Isn't the entire point of college to learn and network with people? I'm missing out on fun adventures , on young love. Fuck man I've never even touched a girl. And it's not just about gf. I want real friends to joke with that I belong to
I have no home and nowhere to go. I don't feel like I belong anywhere . It's depressing to go to class and have nobody, while everyone else is making plans . I can hear partying but I'm just in my room alone
>>
>>17919617
>>I can hear partying but I'm just in my room alone
>go to store
>buy booze
>knock on door
>show booze
you are now at a party. Have fun.
>>
>>17919622
That would never work
>>
>>17919872
>>17919622 is right.
>>
>>17919903
No
>>
Went through same shit as you OP. Two semesters at uni, made only one friend (my roomie) and it was still more of a friend of convenience. Did a lot of research into trying to find out what was wrong with me and finally just figured out that I was unhappy with myself. I felt ugly, stupid, and unhealthy and because of that I wasn't confident enough to make any friends. Totally fucked up, bombed my first semester with a .76 gpa and almost lost my will to live. Next semester I turned it around, rode my bike everywhere on campus, ate healthier, got meds for my acne, and did everything necessary to boost my grade. Ended up feeling more confident and made deans list my second semester with a 3.8. I'm still too much of a bitch to go to the gym, and the diet regime didn't end up holding, but the confidence I gained from taking control of my life was enough to set me on a course for success. I'm working a solid job now while paying my way through CC super cheap, getting good grades, working out at home, have lots of friends at work, and hanging out with my old high school buddies. Never been happier in my life. (TLDR): fix yourself first, the friends and confidence you need will come with it
>>
>>17919443
Not going to give you a solution but will possibly make you feel better.

>currently in Year 3 in university
>KHV
>never been to a party/nightclub/concert
>was in dorms my first year, made 0 friends there same as you
>avoided people I lived with because of social anxiety, would literally starve myself because there were people in the kitchen

It probably won't get better, but I'm here for you mate =')
>>
>>17919443
Two possibilities here. Either you're

a) An entitled spoilt brat
b) Have a legit mental illness.

Im gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and go with b. Colleges should come with a lot of subsidised services. Surely they have something like counseling or therapy to help you. When it comes down to it we're just random shmucks on 4chan, people in the actual outside world are better equipped to help you.
>>
>>17920263
What?
>>
>>17920288
kys
>>
I hope OP is still in here, there's been a lot of good advice in here even if it's not been put in the nicest of ways, sorting yourself out will open up doors of opportunity, there's definitely underlying issues here, you're not happy wit yourself, or not comfortable with your identity or you have social anxiety or wank too much idk, just try n make a cgange in your own life cause what's gwarning aint working out right now, when you find balance and happiness your good vibes will attract the attention of others and you will fit in alot easier
>>
>>17920204
This. Pretty similar situation. Spoke to a few people, hit on a few women, but stopped going and failed my classes. Turning it the fuck around this semester. reading this gave me some more hope.

But yeah OP, at Uni you can literally walk up to people and make friends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7AeG0U83zg

Talk to the people you are in class with, "So how was break" "What are you studying" "whats up". Thats it. I once made a friend because I said "hold up" on the phone and the dude started doing the snoop dog theme. Bum a smoke, join a club, etc. 80% of it is having the balls to actually walk up and talk to someone, and not caring if it goes south like in the video.

My first week of Uni I asked a girl out, failed miserably like i'm talking stuttering mid convo, mind going blank, etc. A few videos and light reading later, I was getting numbers here and there.
>>
OP, if your problem is that you're shy and don't know much about how social ties work, you have to realize that most people don't care about you at all. You're not even a blip on their radar. Therefore if you do something autistic while trying to interact, they won't judge you. At least not for very long, at worst they'll think "wow, what a weirdo" and go on with their lives.

That means that nothing is stopping you from trying even if you're not sure about yourself. Just talk to someone. Classes are an easy topic. It gets easier once you get more confident about your ability to socialize.

t. an autist with friends
>>
File: Periodic-table-of-Memes-880.png (462KB, 880x539px) Image search: [Google]
Periodic-table-of-Memes-880.png
462KB, 880x539px
>>17919443
All right Faggot there is a few things you need to do.

>Get the fuck outside. Do ANYTHING that gets you into the sun- go for a walk or a run at least three times a week to loose that pasty look.
>Have a look at what you wear and your haircut. If you want pussy, you cant be a greasy sweaty neckbeard. Your look may be OK, I dont know, but have a look at what you wear.
>Lay off the chips.
>Join clubs. I don't know how big your campus is, but a DND club (while good fun) is not the best way to meet people.
>Say Hi and Smile to everyone you see. Every faggot in campus over the break is in the same boat as you, and fuck me they may be just as lonely.

God Speed OP.
>>
>>17919443
Ava get the fuck off of /adv/ stop rejecting shit because its too hard or it won't work.
>>
>>17919583
thing is, you'll always feel like an outsider at first. That's how it works. If you get inside jokes with someone you've only known for 5 minutes, chances are this won't last and it'll only be a "surface" friendship (which can be enjoyable and fulfilling if you have deeper friendships as well)

Friendships
Are
Built

Getting into a group late doesn't mean you can't be integrated. Feeling uncomfortable for some time is a natural and necessary step to build a frienship: this is the time where people gauge each other and try to accomadate each other, to see how and for how long they'll interact.

Every explanation you've listed has you as the reason of not befriending them: it's not that they're assholes, it's that you don't fit, you don't jive with them, you're not smart enough.
and that's a good thing: it's not other people's rejection that's the problem, it's the fact that you put yourself down

Friendships usually start with "fake it till you make it".

tl;dr hand around those groups you've mentionned, because the only two outcomes are
a) you warm up to the group and become friends
b) by hanging out with people you meet more people that you actually click with
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.