[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, I'm feeling a ridiculous amount of despair right

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: GPA.png (127KB, 1357x549px) Image search: [Google]
GPA.png
127KB, 1357x549px
Hey guys, I'm feeling a ridiculous amount of despair right now, an amount I've never felt before. I just felt like an hero, I've never felt this before. I've brought so much shame to myself and my family. I probably won't but I certainly feel like doing it.

I just got an email from my university saying i'm suspended and if I want to reapply it has to be next fall.

However last year I didn't want to study and was forced to by parents and failed 4/5 classes, just barely passing Physics. I decided with my parents that I would drop out and start working, so I worked over the summer. I was persuaded into joining again in fall of 2016 and I wanted to join. So I tried to get good grades but I'm also fighting my addiction to video games. So I ended up passing 4/5 of my courses, failing Biology. The courses I passed amounted to a 2.25 GPA. With Biology it became a 1.8 and since I failed a course last year that I didn't redo my GPA became a 1.5.

I live in Ontario and I have around 3k in the bank but I don't know what I should do next.

The university said I can switch to a different major if they accept me but at 1.5 GPA I don't believe any faculty would accept me. I could go to college but I just wasted 2 years of my life. Is there any advice you can offer me?

tl;dr Wasted 2 years after highschool, don't know what to do. Failed dreams and despair.
>>
Please clap
>>
>>17919215
just start doing stuff because you probably can do the stuff even though they act like you need special stuff to do the stuff.
you get better at the stuff by doing the stuff.
also fix your health idiot.
>>
Sounds to me like university isn't for you.

Don't worry, having a degree doesn't give you much of an advantage these days anyway.

If I were you I would seriously ask myself if I want to throw more of my life and money away on something which hasn't worked out for me.

And if you're addicted to video games you should really just throw away your consoles/pc or sell it. It's not cocaine, it isn't hard to get over.
>>
Go to the counselor and see if you can get help in finding what you actually want to be in life. A doctor? Engineer? Writer? Business owner? Then find the right courses that will lead you to that path. I'd also suggest you go to a community college as it is much cheaper and you can take a variety of courses in things that may interest you. It may lead you to a completely different thing you never thought you wanted to do. Also, for the addiction-Get rid of the systems. Give them away, or give them to a trusted friend to hold. Or put them in a suitcase and leave then under lock and key in your parents attic. Or set certain hours to play and stick to them. Maybe 1 hr a day and 6 on the weekend. You need to find another hobby to do that is also fun. Be it joining a baseball team or even frisbee team-anything that may catch your interest!
Good luck!
>>
>>17919215
I don't even know if the college will accept me, I certainly hope they will... I have wasted time and money but the worst part is the shame i've brought to my parents... They must feel horrid.
>>
>>17919516
What should I do instead of pursuing a degree?
>>
stop playing video games and you'll suddenly have a lot more time to study
>>
>>17919215
Look man, don't be a little bitch.

If it's a console, smash it and sell the games, fuck your online friends you have a life to live. If it's online, block the website or change the password and fuck up your recovery info to make it irrecoverable. For phone games just block the App Store, delete the games, and erase their data.

In school, first off you can't afford it so leave, go to a decent community college and get a job that can pay for it. Hang out with your local friends or any that you make from work, take up a new more innocuous form of entertainment like watching netflix or anime, exercise, etc..

Pick your classes partially based on what online reviewers say like Rate My Professor, if they say "this ones a hard as" don't take that class. And take it easy too! You're working now so you can't go too crazy, take a manageable workload. Get some sleep but dont be afraid to stay up all night on days where you don't need to commute to get shit done either, it's not as bad as people say.

Then do every assignment in class, profs like consistency and they will give you a lot more leeway than you'd expect. Take advantage of every bit of leeway your professor gives and do quality work, then just do your best to maintain it.

This ain't fucking rocket science, and it all average out in the end. An F average will become an A average if you dump enough A's on it, and if you keep your head cool and listen to your physical and psychological needs there is no reason why you can't do it.

Also ask for help from profs when needed, most of them are just happy if you are awake in class, talk to them a bit and they can become powerful allies.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.