[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My BF for 5 years broke up with me today. He's going through

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: stopwantingthat.gif (42KB, 650x500px) Image search: [Google]
stopwantingthat.gif
42KB, 650x500px
My BF for 5 years broke up with me today. He's going through some rough shit and wants to be alone. He says he may be ready to start again in a few months but I can't take the pain. A week ago we were talking about living together, getting married, kids and our future, now he says he should've broke up with me 3 years ago.
He was diagnosed with BP/manic depression and has had several episodes this past week alone according to his psychiatrist but tells me he's never been more stable. He told me a bunch of stuff but then contradicted himself in all of it during the same conversation.
I understand he's trying to deal with all this shit in his life and can't deal with a relationship on top of that (I have OCD, GAD and depression so I'm not the most stable one either), so I won't pressure him or contact him.

I don't even know what I need advice with, I just want the pain to end. Wat do /adv/?
>>
I'm sorry, that's awful and 5 years is a really long time to have to look back on. I've been there when my girlfriend broke up with me after 6 years. Cried like a little bitch for two weeks. Honestly I adopted a cat and it helped a lot, but really it's just time and slowly getting rid of things that remind you of them. It's really hard.
>>
>>17919040
Thanks anon, it's good to know someone in the same situation managed to get it together. How long did it take you to be at peace with what happened?
>>
>>17919082
Peace? I guess maybe 4-6 months. I don't think you ever really get over it. Just part of my history I suppose, I learned a lot from it if nothing else.
>>
>>17919102
I'm married now if that makes you feel better. Still have the cat.
>>
Jesus fucking christ. How fucking pathetic are you people? Don't you have one shred of independence? Fucking hell
>>
>>17919110
Thank anon, it does make me feel better.

>>17919112
Well, this is 4chan after all.
>>
>>17919112
Are you incapable of understanding the trauma it does to a person to have so much of their emotional need ripped away? It like bruises the soul, man. Guess you're fortunate enough to never have been there.
>>
>>17919032
I rarely smoke weed or get high but when I am in a place I don't want to be then I usually get really high and reflect on what I am doing. I maybe do this once every three or so years at the most.
Try to buy some strong weed edibles. Pace yourself and don't take too much, but take enough to get uncomfortably high. Do this alone and watch a TV series you have seen before while you are doing it. Avoid commercials.

If you are anything like me you should start to reflect on your life and begin to see it from a new perspective. It is really uncomfortable and unpleasant and you will be so embarrassed for yourself and other people in your life. You will realize how pathetic you area and how pathetic the people around you are.
The next day you should have a little more perspective on your situation.
>>
>>17919254
Thanks for the advice anon, I already smoke weed but I haven't tried your approach yet. Any series you would recommend to do this?
>>
>>17919254
>get uncomfortably high and watch tv

Astounding advice anon
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.