[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My fiancé idolizes black culture. I don't understand it

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0520.jpg (51KB, 640x426px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0520.jpg
51KB, 640x426px
My fiancé idolizes black culture.
I don't understand it and I don't like it.

Why would a white person from a good family think foul rap music is something cool?
>>
I seriously hope you're a woman.
>>
My fiancé idolizes lower class culture.
I don't understand it and I don't like it.

Why would a white person from a good family think foul Shakespeare plays is something cool?
>>
>>17918103
Does she actually idolize black culture, or does she just listen to rap?
>>
>>17918103
Because they idolize "thug life".
>>
Rap Music is a white mans creation. Skeltonic verse is the type of rhyming that rap music is its just set to music. I'm a Nazi who listens to Snoop Dogg and shit, its nothing unless he dresses and acts like shit.

http://www.poetrymagnumopus.com/index.php?/topic/2139-skeltonic-verse-tumbling-verse-sprung-rhythm/
>>
>>17918109
Lol
Since when is Shakespeare "lower class culture"?
>>
>>17918108
I Am
>>
>>17918119
He wants to emulate their entire lifestyle and he thinks white people are "square"
>>
>>17918171
Noooo you took the bait. Nothing can save you now.
>>
>>17918171
In his time it was considered lower class vulgar shit. The amount of dick jokes and sexual innuendos would make Lil Wayne blush. Have you ever read and understood them?

Check "Two Gentlemen from Verona", there is a scene (Act 4, Scene 4 ) with farting dog that was about to be punished for farting but than Launce (the servant) says it was his fart.

The "These are her C’s, her U’s and her T’s, and that’s how she makes her big P’s. It’s definitely her handwriting, no doubt about it." (while reading a letter) line is pretty well known too.

High art as fuck.

>https://psmag.com/the-long-war-between-highbrow-and-lowbrow-603c098122ac#.vvbf4lyo8
Pretty cute sum up.

>http://www.elizabethan-era.org.uk/elizabethan-theatre-audiences.htm
>often the prosperous women would wear a mask to disguise their identity.
Also consider the prices back then, it was entertainment for the plebs.
>>
People are in here giving all kinds of bullshit answers but the truth is because your fiancé is easily swayed by pop culture trends and probably whatever his friends listen to. I wouldn't like it either if my wife was into it. Regardless of what anyone says in this thread, you and I both it's lower class, dirty music.
>>
Because you don't need to be black to like rap culture that hurt happens to be dominantly black
Stop making everything about race you racebaiter.
Sure I don't like rap but because I think it's shit and not because it's black.
There is white rap too and I don't like that either.

Just because you don't like it doesn't have to mean other people can't like it.
>Stop liking what I don't like : The thread

Kids these days
>>
>>17918416
Unpleasant music is related to unpleasant people.
>>
>>17918433
So are snap judgements
>>
>>17918473
>xD xD le open mind meme
>>
>>17918477
Yeah man, ironic shitposting is way less maymay. Or is it a counter-meme now? There are too many levels at work.

Anyway, anyone who dislikes all of [genre] doesn't know enough about [genre].

>I listen to everything except country and rap! xD
>le heavy metal \m/

How am I doing?
>>
>>17918494
Big difference between "I enjoy philosophical and highly lyrically interesting rap themes" and "my fiancé idolizes black culture" which just makes him sound like an embarrassing wigger.
>>
>>17918499
Yeah, but her only evidence that her fiancé "idolizes black culture" is that he listens to rap. As far as we know, that's the only issue at play.

So, how am I to know that OP isn't just so controlling that she want to have authority over her husband's music tastes?

I'm gonna take this opportunity to plug one of my favorite artists

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxxUOehASZs&t=3604s

Listen to good rap, guys
>>
>>17918433
this

if people do/like something you really cant stand then its better to move on.
>>
>>17918103

i don't understand why they are your fiance ?

are you black too ?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.