[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend told me: "Whenever you experience something close

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Garland.jpg (24KB, 311x320px) Image search: [Google]
Garland.jpg
24KB, 311x320px
My friend told me: "Whenever you experience something close to 'love at first sight' and being heavily infatuated with someone, you should instantly realize this person is not meant for you. It means your hormones are blinding you from seeing the big picture. I'm convinced if soulmates existed, they would be ones you'd select after ages of continuous interaction, who doesn't make you experience intense emotions but comfort instead, whom you don't doubt the loyalty of & trust with your life Not because she is 'smart', 'pretty', gives you goosebumps and you have a 'fun time' together."

He's only been in one relationship in his entire life which ended badly. Is this good, experienced advice or just his method of getting over it?
>>
>>17918004
>one leationship in his entire life which ended badly
>experienced advice
>>
>>17918011
you got the point
>>
>>17918011

So he is completely wrong and off the mark? Or is there some truth to it?

My friend is high on the attraction/intelligence scale and can get a date very quickly if he tried, but his ex just left him with a gigantic load of trust issues.
>>
I dislike a lot of the things women do. So, when I see a woman that doesn't do these things (doesn't wear makeup, dresses modestly, etc) I get a sort of "love at first sight" interest. I know I'm more likely to get along with a girl like this - the infatuation is there to single them out, my mind is telling me to get in a relationship with them. For me, at least, it's a method for finding a suitable partner.

>>17918004
>you should instantly realize this person is not meant for you
Doing this would be masochistic of me.
>>
Your friend is a pessimist, that's all.

Yeah, there's a grain of truth to it. I actually agree that if you become crazy attracted to somebody, it's important to remain a bit objective.

However, your friend is likely in the throes of his first real love crisis. "Oh, love is just a chemical reaction to make is breed, blah blah blah I took an elective biology course at the community college". Am I close?
>>
>>17918004
>implying the only feeling that has been shown to last sometimes in relationships is somehow bad for relationships
Your friend is a coward and a dumbass.
>>
>>17918004
It's a bunch of defeatest bullshit stemming from how he can't get over himself.

>>>17918017
>can get a date very quickly if he tried
That doesn't surprise me since it sounds like his approach is to use the patented "Don't care" attitude which chicks dig and that will get you dates. However because he's scared of himself he will more than likely never get that super model girlfriend he desires.
>>
>>17918004
God that's dumb af
>>
>>17918004
Not really.

I felt a "love at first sight" kind of feeling for every guy I dated, and as far as I know they felt the same for me. One turned out to be a good long term partner, the others weren't.

The point is that you can both have someone who you are instinctively attracted to and someone highly compatible with you and who makes you feel comfortable. It's not either one or the other. You date for a while and find out if they're good for you or not.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.