[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does loneliness actually do any kind of real damage to you, or

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1593.png (509KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1593.png
509KB, 1366x768px
Does loneliness actually do any kind of real damage to you, or is that thing when you feel like you are going to die just your stupid animal brain freaking out over nothing?
>>
>Does loneliness actually do any kind of real damage to you
Being lonely has been correlated with a detrimental effect on health.
>or is that thing when you feel like you are going to die just your stupid animal brain freaking out over nothing?
I'm not sure what you're asking. You feel as if you're going to die and associate those feelings with being lonely?
>>
>>17917950
Well, not DIE die, but that stinging in your chest and feeling like there is no possible way to ever feel worse than you are feeling.

Like you're not CRYING, there's no tears, you just hurt.
>>
>>17917933
only on mental
>>
>>17917933
If you're stressing out and being miserable over it, then yes - being lonely is not good for you long term.

But if you're fine with it and you're in a good physical and mental shape, then loneliness in itself can't harm you.
>>
>>17917998
How do I know if it's causation or correlation, when all I know for certain is that I am indeed both stressed and lonely?
>>
Big difference between loneliness and aloneness. Typically the more introverted you are, the more aloneness you can tolerate. Many people find it energising. We live in a society that values extrovertison, but aloneness isn't incompatible with happiness (so long as your mature enough to realize happiness is being free from immediate suffering).

More importantly, you have to be virtueous whether alone or with a partner. Having someone to work for is the current paragram, but one can be alone and work towards meaningful ends. So long as there's some purposeful industry, aloneness is perfectly healthy.

If you cannot tolerate aloneness, then you become lonely. It is vital that you get on your side and like yourself and accept your folly. Alone or not, self loathing is unhealthy. So perhaps work on that. You'll never truly be off your own case, but you can turn the volume knob of criticism down, and you can do that alone.
>>
>>17918013
I do mean loneliness. What I ask is whether loneliness will KILL you, or just makes you wish that it would.
>>
Loneliness can't kill you, but long-term loneliness has been linked to a markedly decreased level of health, which can kill you.
>>
>>17918079
So it actually is harmful? Just ignoring the bad moments and waiting for it to go away won't help?
>>
Yes, it can have some negative mental effects, but it's not the fact that you don't experience human interaction that does it, is the way you react with it, the way you you deal with it. Buddhist monks made a practice out of isolating themselves from any humans for prolonged periods of time and they're some of the healthiest individuals out there.

Loneliness can make you depressed and depression is linked to plenty of conditions, mental and physical, but it won't exactly kill you. Unless you chose to kill yourself, of course.
>>
File: IMG_1889.jpg (50KB, 486x324px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1889.jpg
50KB, 486x324px
I sort of feel just like this

I like being alone, but I feel lonley
>>
>>17918129
the joys of depression
>>
>>17918131

Yeah. I'll never be able to have a relationship
>>
>>17918096
How do I learn to react better?

I know I'm better off alone but it still feels like dying.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.