[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can alcoholism really be held against me if I'm more functional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1592.jpg (72KB, 728x546px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1592.jpg
72KB, 728x546px
Can alcoholism really be held against me if I'm more functional drunk than sober?

My psychiatrist tells me to seek emotional support from family and friends. My friends and family tell me to seek professional help. Vodka never rejects me.
>>
>>17917349

neither does a bullet to the brain OP. its a stupid thing to say 'VODKA NEVER REJECTS ME'.

>can it be held against you

anything can be held against you, even if it hurts no one. just look at how we criticize everyone for being too fit, too healthy, too eco friendly, too anything. in school we make fun of those who are too dumb, and those who are too smart. and even if you're neither of those, and fall perfectly in the average spot, they'll make fun of you for something else.

that being said, you cannot be omre functional drunk than sober, thats just the drunk in you talking. my ex used to talk about how smoking weed makes you a better driver, and his group of friends wouldn't let anyone drive unless they were high. i loved him to death, but only one of them survived the crash and even hes got his life more or less ruined by the damage its done to him.

you can argue that you dont drink and drive and thats fine, but you're missing the point, you literally cannot be more functional drunk unless your actual fucking job is called 'drunk history'.

>my psychiatrist tells me to seek emotional support from family and friends

tlel her they refuse. if he still refuses to help, go to rehab, find another therapist, join AA, etc.

also
>im more functional drunk than sober
>thats why i need a psychiatrist

top kek
>>
>>17917380
Well, my shrink does jack fucking shit to help me, and if I didn't do drunk the things that I can't stomach doing sober, I'd be just the same kind of a NEET as my sober sister is. She never does anything at all.
>>
>>17917395

please describe thosse things for me. i do not want to make assumptions. a simple list of what you need to be drunk to do would suffice. also a why would be helpful, as in, if you can't go to class sober, why?
>>
>>17917405
1. Applying for university.

I just break down and cry.
>>
>>17917434
That is...a whole other issue and you really need help stat OP.

You know what will happen if you continue using vodka to forget your nervous feelings. You'll die early and the whites of your eyes will turn yellow. At that point anyone even looking at you will know that you can't get your shit together at all. because alcohol poisoning is a thing.

Why are you breaking down and crying? You worried you won't get into any uni's? Make a backup plan.
>>
>>17917447
I've already used my backup plan. I'm too stupid for school.

My dad died from drinking.
>>
>>17917477
And that's alright if you're too dumb for school. If you tried 100% and couldnt do it then find something else to live on. School doesn't work for everyone. What are you doing now? Have you tried a trade school or military?

Your dad died from drinking and you still want to keep drinking?
>>
>>17917491
I'm currently doing a factory job and it's the only thing I can do. My contract expires in a couple of months and they're not going to renew it because I'm shit at this job. It's killing me.

The problem is that I already have this completely useless art degree but that means that I'm classified as someone who has an education, and the evaluators (including trade schools) prioritise those with no education over "career changers". My unemployability is not treated as an emergency.

I already dropped out of trade school because of having a mental breakdown. I was falling behind because I'm simply too stupid to learn any of that stuff.

I keep drinking because I don't have any options in life but I'm not man enough to kill myself just yet.
>>
>>17917579
I feel you pain but I'm female. So my only option left is basically be some guys slut as I'm not pretty/normal enough to be a gf anyway. I'm fucked as a human. Suicide it is.
>>
>>17917591
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
>>17917611
Nothing. I'm just relating to being a doomed human in a doomed situation.
>>
>>17917349
If you are in decent shape, I would suggest the military. It's full of dumbasses and you will learn some discipline since you clearly don't have enough

Or go to rehab. If you can't keep your shit together by yourself you need to learn how to do that and that is the place to do it

And I'm speaking as someone who went to and dropped out of med school. It was a kick in the nuts and crippled my ability to put myself out there, so I went NEET for a couple years and drank every day. But I got help and while I'm still a fuckup, at least I'm not gonna kill myself. Besides, half the reason you feel so nervous is the booze

Spend time with your family if you like them
>>
>>17917349
Doesn't sound like a long term solution and there's a problem that needs solving

I'm what you would call a high-function alcoholic and am planning to continue until I see some bad health signs. After that point I'll be do a shit load of psychedelics and check myself into rehab
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.