[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get more conversation topics? I'm not really talkative,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: mocha.jpg (908KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
mocha.jpg
908KB, 1000x1250px
How do I get more conversation topics?
I'm not really talkative, and the only way of changing that is by talking, however, I don't have any real topic to talk about other than the typical vidya and animuh (and I don't even like talking about these irl), from what I've seen from others, they talk about people, but I don't really like parties, I gave them a second chance but they're still out.
Thank you.
>>
Bump. I need help with this too
>>
File: 60560953_p0.jpg (185KB, 876x620px) Image search: [Google]
60560953_p0.jpg
185KB, 876x620px
>>17915702
what I have heard so far is that I need to search new hobbies and find people of similar interests, but that doesn't really help when I'm looking for being more talkative to many kinds of people, I think, still, let's give it a try.
>>
>>17916034
Bumpity
>>
>>17915516
Generally you can talk about

>tv shows
>their interests (ask them)
>Music
>holidays
>culture
>theatre
>books/stories
>personal anecdotes

Stay away from politics if you are an American. Goes double for religion.

The important thing is that YOU are interested than simply stumbling for something to talk about. Sonetimes there is no chemistry and both parties are stuck.

But that is fine. Just keep trying. Good luck anon.
>>
>>17915516

I always start with general questions. "how was your day?" "What do you got going on today?" "Did you do anything special for (recent holiday)?" etc.

Simple stuff like that. After that the conversation usually drifts naturally to other places and topics just come and go. If it gets stuck or starts to get kinda awkward I just go back to those kinds of questions or simply think of some other topic relating to what we're doing or what they enjoy or whatever.

Idk man, kinda just happens naturally. Hell, sometimes nobody has anything to say for a little bit and that's fine too.
>>
>>17915516
Try this. Buy a good quality big-city Sunday newspaper, the kind that has lots of sections. Devote a couple of hours Sunday to reading it from cover to cover, even (especially) the sections that don't interest you, be they sports, arts, cooking or whatever.

Do that every week and you'll develop a sense of the zeitgeist - what's in the air and what people are likely to be talking about - and you'll know enough about everything to be able to take part in small talk.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.