[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Broke up with my ex a couple days ago. I already have taken interest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0046.jpg (159KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0046.jpg
159KB, 640x1136px
Broke up with my ex a couple days ago. I already have taken interest in this new guy. He seems quite shy. I don't know if he likes me or if he's annoyed by my prescence but he's one of the handsomest men I've ever seen and I get the feeling that he's single. As far as I know, he seems like a cool guy, however introverted. My friend knows him better than I do and she told me he's nice. Problem is, I don't really know him and after the holidays, I won't see him in a long time. I have 4 days left. How should I approach him? I never see him in a one-on-one setting and he seems nervous (or annoyed?) when I say hi to him. I'll be back in his hometown in a few months so it's likely that I will see him again, but there are no guarantees that both me and him won't have found other partners by the time.
>>
>>17914983
How old are you both?
Are you sure what your friend told you is true?
>>
>>17914983
>seems nervous (or annoyed?)
If he can read you and knows you like him, it's probably both. Make conversation, try to find out his interests and ask what he's doing later (tie it into the conversation). If he asks for your number he's interested, if he ignores the question he's probably not at this time (if ever).
>>
Quite an unusual circumstance you've found yourself in. I'm a relatively handsom, introverted dude, so I'm jealous as fuck right now lmao.

In all seriousness, even I am a bit confused on what to do. I mean, if I were that dude, I'd love it if a girl approached me, rather than having to worry about approaching you. I'm guessing the dude is just nervous and a bit surprised for being put on the spot like that, as introverted people obviously aren't used to it, so I sincerely doubt that he is "annoyed by your presence."

Just talk to him, and try not to intimidate him if you can help it. Get to know him. I'm not sure how he would react if you asked him out within the 4 day span of time you have left, though personally I'd probably be a bit psyched out by all this coming so fast, and thus turn down a date simply by shock and worry that I'll fuck this up somehow. Maybe try and take it slow (or as slow as a 4 day due date will allow you).

If all else fails, get his phone number and get to know him more over the time you're away. When you think you are both confortable with eachother, tell him (don't just ask him, TELL him) that you guys should meet up sometime (as a date, or simply just say "meet up sometime," though if he ends up liking you at that point, he'd absolutely LOVE being asked out on a date, trust me) during or after the time away.

Hope this helped.
>>
>>17914994

I'm 22, he's a couple years older. And yes, I do trust my friend. And as far as I have talked to this guy (nothing personal, just work-related stuff) he seems helpful and nice and has a similar sense of humor as me, as long as I speak to him first. He never talks to me if other people are around (sometimes it feels like he ignores me) and he seems kind of annoyed and/or nervous. However, I overheard him saying he spent new year's alone at home so I'd assume he's not the social type.

>>17915013

I'm usually told I'm a person that is difficult to read. I have a resting bitch face and my ex often asked me if I was mad even though I was just tired or bored or just had a (in my opinion) neutral face. Though, it's likely that my nervousness has shone through when talking to this guy. Considering his handsomeness it's likely that he's used to girls hitting on him.

I'll see him only briefly during the upcoming days so making more deliberate conversation is not possible. would it be wrong for me to give him my number? There are ways for me to do it so that no one else will find out.
>>
>>17915034
Im about his age and an attractive male introvert.

You have to do all the work most likely. I understand Im not exactly the same as he is and my experiences are different. If a girl I think is attractive shows interest in me I get semi defensive. I've had attractive women give me the death stare after I don't react to their come ons, showing no reaction is my defense mechanism though.
>>
>>17915034
>Considering his handsomeness it's likely that he's used to girls hitting on him.
This is why he's nervous and annoyed simultaneously. Women suck shit at approaching, and he knows it. Truly, your "Hi's!" are enough to give you away. To be honest, he'd seem enthused if he wanted to get to know you, but don't let me sell yourself short. He could be annoyed because you're taking forever to get to know him and you suck at conversation. Or you're doing it awkwardly in a group setting and not discretely. He has to worry about his friends getting annoyed at him too; jealousy and all.

>would it be wrong for me to give him my number?
It's kind of creepy and cowardly without at least establishing rapport first. It'll make you look desperate, if that's okay. If he's really handsome and picky and he is as shy as you think he is, he's probably not going to find someone in a few months. Your call. Rather than giving your number away, you could ask for his number from your friend, that way you can explain yourself at least.
>>
>>17915070
>give me the death stare
Also ^this is why most men get nervous from women approaching. The fallout is bad. Even if they do nothing, you're going to get butthurt. Their reason may be simply because their apartment is messy and they might not invite you out because of it. You'll take it the wrong way, death glare or throw a hissy fit, and start using other guys to try and make the guy jealous.
>>
>>17915018
>>17914983
Wait there are girls who like introverted guys?
Damn I thought it was some kind of deal breaker.
I speak as a relatively attractive introvert and I think
>>17915018
got it pretty well. The part were you ask for his phone number is important (even I would not be to shy to ask for a date over text lol).
I once got approached randomly by some cute girl on a fair. We spent some time together(auto-scooter), but we were in different groups, so we had to split again.
She awkwardly waited for me to ask for her number, but I was too shy, and just said good bye.
My friends were not so pleased lol. So this girl thought I rejected her, even though I had interest,I just was too shy.
So what I want to say, dont fear being rejected, if this guy is truly an introvert.
Chances are a) he isnt rejecting you and b) he probably doesnt talk to other girls/have alternatives, so the chances that he picks you are pretty high anyways.
And someone said he probably gets hit on a lot. In my experience this is kind of true, but not in a way, that OP has to worry. There are a lot of girls "staring" expecting a move, which will probably never happen though. Sometimes the girls will make the first move, like say, ask you to make a pic of them with their friends or whatever. But after that they will expect you to make conversation, which will probably not happen either. It almost never happens that the girl does all of the work, so if OP did that she would have prety high chances.

Just my experience, though I am a forever single. Only reason I think I am "attractive" are girls approaching me sometimes/starring at me and that I get Hookups pretty easily (Im talkactive when drunk lol, but I rarely drink)

What I want to say, you will have to do all the work, but the upside is, you most probably will not have much competition. You could ask him now or in a few months it doesnt really matter.
>>
>>17915078
nah, thats why most introverts get nervous. A death stare or whatever is pretty irrelevant honestly.
I mean its stupid anyways, but girls are not really used to being rejected.
>>
>>17915089

I'm very introverted myself and like spending time alone. Spending time alone together is the best. I'd prefer an introvert before an extrovert anytime.

>>17915070

But, would it be too much to put a note with my name and number in his locket? Or do I specifically have to ask for _his_ number not to be too pushy/desperate? My friend probably doesn't have his number, they are only work aquaintainces.

The only reason that I can come up with for him to be annoyed with me is that I'm slightly airheaded and clumsy. I don't think that would be enough for him to dislike me as much as to avoid me on purpose. Most people think I'm pretty smart, however perhaps a bit unapproachable due to my own shyness/introvertedness.
>>
>>17915089
As long as introverted does not mean they don't know how to be social, then yes.
>>
>>17915103
Off topic, but since men usually never reject a girls advances, how do I know whether he banged me out of pity or because he was attracted?
>>
>>17915543
>spending time alone together
I can advocate as well that this is the best. Chilling and snuggling while watching netflix beats the shit out of partying with an extroverted girl any day of the week.
>>
>>17915543
locker*
>>
>>17915543
It is crucial that you get _his_ number. You pressing your number on him could scare him off, as it would give him the message that you're "trying to rush things along" would be very intimidating to an introverted person. You taking his number also kind of gives him a personal win to take out of this, because it's the best way possible to convay your interest to him in a way that he would understand. Speaking from personal experience
>>
>>17915587
You wait for him to approach you, that's how.
>>
>>17915623

If I were to give him my number, he would know that nothing would happen other than messaging in almost half a year due to me being out of town. "Rushing things along" is impossible. And there's no way for me to get his number other than ask for it explicitly. Which I personally would see as even more "pushy" and intimidating. /OP
>>
>>17915735
I was implying that you ask for his number once you get his, not just take it and forget about it.

Just simply say "hey this is anon responding so you can save my contact." I do it all the time.
>>
>>17915543
>Or do I specifically have to ask for _his_ number not to be too pushy/desperate?

No, if you're talking to him, he should volunteer his number after you give your hints. Otherwise, he is not interested. Only leave your number if you're certain you can't wait the few months, or you'll never see him again.

I don't know the guy, but if he is the handsomest guy you've ever seen and it's not a love-at-first-sight thing from your end, I think you're overestimating how much introversion would affect him. Do you remember the last time a really sweet but not your type guy kept checking you out and maybe trying to talk to you? And you couldn't really reject him until he made his move? That would be my first guess before "Oh, he is just shy."

Like I said though, by all means, talk to him. Get to know him briefly. Ask him if he is single if he doesn't know you know he's single. If he seems receptive ask what he is doing later, and perhaps say you have no plans. I'd he doesn't bite, he's not interested.

Also guys will fuck girls they're not super attracted to. They call them 'easy' girls because there is not much work getting them to bed. You approaching him in a guy's mind would make you a possibly easy girl. The only way to truly know if he is willing to work for you is to let him approach you and you forget about approaching him.
>>
>>17915759
I think you underestimate how socially retarded an introvert can be, handsom or not.

T. Introvert who became handsom over time
>>
>>17915587
I don't think guys fuck you out of pity unless you're fat.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.