[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make 3D models/mock ups >want to go pro >portfolio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: vmass-effect-20071011055053759.jpg (73KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vmass-effect-20071011055053759.jpg
73KB, 1280x720px
>make 3D models/mock ups
>want to go pro
>portfolio is outdated and not the best
>client finds me
>they know I am a newcomer
>asks for my rates

How do I handle this? I feel that I shouldn't go with the regular rates at this point but also I want to have a good relationship with the guy and not do it for free also.
>>
Go 75% of normal rates and tell the client it's a discount. That way you aren't stuck w low rates but won't feel like an imposter
>>
Hey OP, I'm pretty much in the same line of work as you, except I do a lot of 2D also.

Figure out how much you think an hour of your time is worth and charge accordingly, I don't know what country you are from but when I started out I was charging somewhere between $35 - 40 an hour.

The client may be asking for your daily rate, in which case decide how many hours you want to work in a day and multiply by your hourly rate.

If you have any more questions ask away and I'll try to help.
>>
>>17914799
I was thinking to figure out a price per project, not days/hours. Would that be a bad idea?
>>
>>17914836
Not previous anon, but that's usually better once you're more experienced and can accurately gauge how long something will take.

If you don't know how long it will take, use this: http://neilblr.com/post/58757345346

It times your work very accurately.
>>
>>17914839
Do clients trust you when you tell them how many hours it took?
You can literally say whatever.
>>
>>17914843
That's another advantage to that program, you can use it to prove the hours it took.

If you also stay communicative, that helps assuage any fear that you're cheating them. Say when you've hit specific milestones and how many of such milestones are left, etc.
>>
File: 1271124736269.jpg (20KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
1271124736269.jpg
20KB, 500x332px
>>17914846
this app is funny. It stops when you fuck around with cat videos on Youtube and then goes back when you go to Photoshop or whatever.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.