[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can i forget about Catholicism? Since i've been a child,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_6725.gif (24KB, 150x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6725.gif
24KB, 150x200px
How can i forget about Catholicism?
Since i've been a child, i have lived in fear about God, Jesus and everything about it. Especially about ghosts and demons to the point of not being able to sleep. Even becoming an atheist has not worked for me. Can someone give me an advise for this problem?
>>
If atheism hasn't fixed this problem you aren't an atheist
>>
>>17910434
Are you genuinely an Atheist if you believe in that?
No

Read about Kierkegaard. He went through that.

Sounds like you're just an agnostic who's scared of monsters.
>>
Well is not being completely atheist, i just tried to stop believing about their existence. But thanks bro.
>>
File: distrubed.png (200KB, 311x464px) Image search: [Google]
distrubed.png
200KB, 311x464px
>>17910434
this >>17910446

I was the exact same way when I first realized that Christianity wasn't the answer for me. I didn't feel like atheism was the answer, but religion wasn't either. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but that's the best way I can put it.

If you had to force yourself to "forget" Catholicism, you're doing it for the wrong reasons. If you're anything like me, you've been taken to church by your parents and staying home was never an option. Religion isn't just a thing you're supposed to do, like they tell you in Sunday school. It isn't something you're supposed to shove in everyone's face. It's a way of life. A reason for people to live. You have to leave only if you feel it in your heart that it isn't your reason to live.

I went to church, three hours a day, three days a week, every week from the day I stopped crying 24/7 until I was 18. Leaving it all was tough. But I made my choice for myself.

Only you can free yourself from religious indoctrination. It's going to take a lot, maybe years, worth of self reflection and deep thought. I didn't "officially" break ties with the church until early 2015. And I stopped "Believing" in 2010.
>>
You need a blunt
>>
>>17910434
Why try to forget about it? It has some good checks for living. Just try to live your life without the traditions I guess. You'd form your own values system soon.
>>
>>17910589
It's not about stopping believing but reevaluating what you believe and why.

At some point (I was 11-12) most of the stuff started to sound less and less plausible for me based on feelz alone, the crumbing internal logic and contradictions with basic science didn't help and the idea that books written by backwards thinking sand people is supposed to be anything more than entertainment became completely bizarre. It's not just the lack of proofs, it's the complete lack of reasons why I should take story X more serious than Harry Potter just because it's older and claims to be more than it is, when there are countless much older texts with the same claims.

Read up about biology/brains/evolution/history of human civilization/older religions and indoctrination.

Epicurean paradox works too if you want to skip it all. It doesn't fully negate the possibility of God but if he/she/it isn't benevolent, screw the guy.

Also what the fuck, you're not supposed to fear Yeezus, he's your bud.
>>
>>17910434
This ->>>17911035

Just realize how absurd all of it sounds. There's no evidence for any of it so why take stock in it?

Inb4 "You can't have morals without religion", get real.

>>17911012
This will help.
>>
All you're really scared of is dogma that has been drilled into you since you were a child. The reality of this dilemma, is that your scared of a Monster from a ancient book created in the bronze age.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.