[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A girl gave me her email on the last day of class after we spent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 1

File: vKDXo.jpg (49KB, 331x331px) Image search: [Google]
vKDXo.jpg
49KB, 331x331px
A girl gave me her email on the last day of class after we spent about 3 hours talking. I sent a pretty bad email(a joke but apparently not a good one) and a better one. She responded to the good email 4 days after (the day before Christmas Eve) and I responded the day after Christmas. That was 5 days ago.

Should I send her an email wishing her Happy New Years and maybe ask if she wants to switch to google hangouts or schedule a meetup for the 9th(when classes begin)?

Her not responding is making me anxious.
>>
Just give her your phone number so you can actually have a conversation of its types it's not a real conversation
>>
>>17910425
She has no phone of her own, just her family's desktop PC.

Side-note: She did tell me she takes a while to get to emails but I see her google account online sometimes while she's still yet to respond. Could be someone watching YT videos on her account but that barely makes it better.
>>
>>17910438
Are you 9 yrs old? What woman doesn't have a phone? even an Internet phone would work
>>
>>17910422
the distance means UR FUCKING UGLY AND WEIRD.
>>
>>17910450
She's 20 and I'm 22, I didn't have one until I was 19, we were both home schooled and I believe it.

When every day you go to school consists of simply walking to another room you tend not to need a phone.
>>
>>17910451
no u
>>
>>17910460
Homeschooled? Omg you poor thing I apologize that's just awful.
>>
Wait how'd you meet a girl in class if you're Homeschooled is this your sister?
>>
>>17910474
Yeah, no one else I met was also home schooled.so having someone to relate to in this(among other things) was huge for me.

>>17910478
Met in the college on the last couple weeks of our Bio class. She approached me while I was sitting by a hall.
>>
>>17910422
What was the joke email?
>>
>>17910493
One tied to her real first and last name(as was on the class roster) and an active google account
>>
>>17910495
Can you give me an analog with like a different name? It is kind of important.
>>
>>17910460
Do you think homeschooling was a damaging experience?
>>
>>17910518
Which part of your country are you in?
>>
Hey it wont help you out directly, in fact I didn't even read your post. But not watching anime never hurt anyone.
>>
>>17910541
It's not anime, Dad, it's TOUHOU. A danmaku shmup game beyond what a . 馬鹿外人 such as yourself could understand, let alone play.
>>
>>17910540
The eastern bit? I'm in PA in the US.
>>
>>17910528
Yes, unlike her I had a small family and only a distant brother, it was essentially solitary confinement for a big chunk of my life. It was hard not to come out the way I did. I wouldn't had been able to talk as long as I did with her 4 years ago.
>>
>>17910550
Ah, different state. Well an analog would be sonicthehedgehog.

Why'd you want to know?
>>
>>17910562
I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
I reread your OP and it's less important than I thought it was, but I just thought depending on how "bad" it was it might explain her behavior.
On reread, I don't think you should send an email tonight; I've done this shit and doubling up the emails just looks and feels bad and if she doesn't respond in a day you'll feel like the biggest idiot ever. Admittedly, I tend to do it when I'm drunk and you can imagine the contents of said emails, so maybe that's just my problem.
>>17910528
Fuck I wrote out a whole reply to this and then accidentally left the page and it's fucking gone fuck
Okay take 2
Not OP but I was homeschooled and yes, I think overall it was damaging for me. I'm not actually against the concept, but my parents approached it in such a laissez faire manner that it was actually "unschooling", which is where you just let your kid do whatever the fuck he wants. For me, this meant I played videogames like all day every day, and they just let me. I think learning so little and having basically no responsibilities during this period really fucked me up. I'm so lazy now and afraid of having to do things I always put stuff off until the last minute, which is an absolute shame because I've been able to do well (physics major, high GPA) despite that, and I feel like wasted potential. I think I ended up so afraid of doing things because every year I would do nothing until a week before my evaluation (to go to the next grade) and my mom would freak out at me about how little I had done during the year, and this would happen every fucking year. Now it's the same thing, except that now I'm both the idiot that puts things off too long and my mom yelling at me. Jesus. Writing this has been like therapy.

So, yeah, I think with the right people you could get it to work and that it's even potentially superior to public schooling (especially depending on what area you are in), but for me it was a very negative experience.
>>
>>17910602
>>I'm not sure I understand what you mean.
Okay, her email was [email protected], but gmails are tied to google accounts which have first and last names(though I changed mine after realizing every YT comment shitpost I made was tied to my real identity). I think this is what you asked for, sorry for the awkwardness.
>On reread, I don't think you should send an email tonight; I've done this shit and doubling up the emails just looks and feels bad and if she doesn't respond in a day you'll feel like the biggest idiot ever.
That's a good point thinking on it more, unlike the first email that caused me to send two emails my third email was fairly open to discussion and if she wanted to talk to me at all she could. Would be pointless to send another email. I guess my best bet is to wait it all out?
>>
>>17910626
Ooooh, no no no, sorry. I wanted to know what the joke email you sent was, not her email specifically. My bad, I was too vague looking back.
Anyway, you don't have to tell me now since it sounds like you're basically decided. I agree with waiting it out. Are you going to be in any classes with her next semester? If so, then I would say 100% just wait until then.

Also, just to hammer the point home I genuinely just did a double email while plastered last night and boy do I feel fucking stupid. Doesn't really matter, since she was long gone anyway, but still.
>>
>>17910659
>Ooooh, no no no, sorry. I wanted to know what the joke email you sent was, not her email specifically
Ah, I thought you were making fun the entire time, my fault for not making connections with the joke email I mentioned, my short term memory is on the fritz today and I don't know why. Anyway her email is an obvious Sonic OC thing so I just said "Good evening [character name]". It was shit and I'm not surprised she responded to the more serious and sincere one instead.

> Are you going to be in any classes with her next semester?
I don't think so but she made it a point to mention that she has the same schedule that she did the semester we met. My last resort plan is to sit by the hall where we met around those hours and wait for a few days.

>Also, just to hammer the point home I genuinely just did a double email while plastered last night and boy do I feel fucking stupid.
Ha, well good to know you're not unfamiliar with this subject.
>>
>>17910490
Imo I think you're both socially retarded. Sorry for the harsh way of expressing this. Just take a minute and think about that statement. Is it true? Are you a social retard? Good job, admitting it was the first step. Now do something about it. Hell, play a role, fake it till you make it. Take the initiative; ask her out. If that's too much for you, add her on some other instant messaging platform to talk to her properly first. Idk, discord, skype, steam, anything. But best would be to just ask her out for a casua date/meeting and go from there. What do you think, homeschooled anon?
>>
>>17910687
If she ever emails me back I'll keep all of this in mind, and if she doesn't I'll make sure to add her on instant messaging platforms and ask her out if we ever see each other again in person.

Anxiety about asking her out would be a much bigger deal but before we went to email I was really comfortable around her, I was respectful but I didn't feel like I was put on the spot at all.

I really hope she gets back to me, next week will be the best time until Spring break to do stuff.
>>
>>17910683
Okay, gotcha. That doesn't sound so bad, and if it was that short anyway then it's more acceptable to double 'em up. Addendums and prefixes are generally fair game.
The "oh hey it's you" method is a pretty good idea. You might not even have to try sitting in the hall if your campus is small enough; could just happen naturally.
Obviously be chill with it and don't say anything remotely close to "yeah I figured you'd be around here", because no one wants to hear about people putting thought into how to find them without just asking where they'd be.
Also,
>good to know you're not unfamiliar with this subject.
Man you would not believe. I am practically an expert.
Anyway, I'm gonna get going to less sad new years stuff than posting on an imageboard, so best of luck to you. I hope it all works out.
>>
>>17910714
>don't say anything remotely close to "yeah I figured you'd be around here"
I wasn't planning on it but damn that really would be creepy as hell and I don't usually describe things as "creepy". I sometimes just hang out at that spot to do work so it's not too weird I think.

>Anyway, I'm gonna get going to less sad new years stuff than posting on an imageboard, so best of luck to you. I hope it all works out.
Thanks for everything anon. Happy New Years!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.