[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I feel like I'm backed into a corner. Long story short,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1397096001372.gif (919KB, 170x196px) Image search: [Google]
1397096001372.gif
919KB, 170x196px
I feel like I'm backed into a corner. Long story short, my sister and her husband have no more money for their family. They have two kids and they're entirely broke. I want to help my only sibling and her family because I love them. So we decided to hatch a plan to open a business together. This way we could be our own bosses and work together and if things go well we could even surpass the amount of money we were making before. I won't go into specifics about the business.

Every day I spend more than 14 hours a day with my sister's family trying to get everything for our business panned out. There's a lot of work going into all of this and we have an extremely short timer. In fact we have to open our business in the next three weeks or everything we've done up until now will fall apart. Since we live in a different country, ones we are not citizens of, if I don't have a job that has at least one customer by the end of the month I'm going to be deported for being unemployed because I quit my job to work with them.

So I'm spending every waking hour with my family working with them. However their children are very young (2 and younger) and need constant attention. I understand this. I have been constantly suggesting we split up into teams; one person looks after the kids and the two others work together on something. My words have fallen onto deaf ears until today when they needed to attend to some other business and I offered to watch the kids. They promised me they would be gone only 3 hours. However after 4 hours, I get a call saying that it would be really convenient if they went to Costco to pick up some tables and chairs so our customer have a place to exist and they're already on their way there, and asking if it's okay with me if they go. What am I going to say? Fuck you, turn around and get here? I say fine, go, but be back within 2 hours at the latest. 3 more hours later they call me saying that they will leave soon. They finally arrive home 8 hours later.
>>
File: 1402675660007.gif (1MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1402675660007.gif
1MB, 350x300px
>>17908947

They promised they'd be gone for 3 hours but they were gone for 8. Their kids, as much as I love them, were very hard to take care of considering I am neither their mother nor their father. And when they got home, I'm fucking pissed because they lied to me about how long they were going to be gone not once nor twice but three times knowing that I wouldn't have offered it to them if they were going to be gone ALL FUCKING DAY.

They know I had work to do today for the business, including creating advertising, pamphlets, finalize pricing schemes and so forth, all stuff that if I had a fucking full day to do I could get all of it done, but no, they always need more help because their kids are a handful and they can't do what they want to do. We need to get this shit ready but they take their time slow as fuck and leave me to do the dirty work changing diapers while they prance around looking for furniture.

When they got home I was infuriated but I said nothing even though I was visibly unhappy. They called after I got home to ask what was up and I told them they're fucking around too much and they give me excuses "oh come on, it's not that bad, you know we couldn't be done our chore in only 3 hours, it takes us 3 hours just in travel time!". Then why didn't they say that in the first place?!

I fucking sacrificed everything short of my girlfriend who I'm scared to shit of losing because I'll have no money if this doesn't pan out, and they treat it like "oh don't worry it'll work out even if we do nothing, you'll see" It makes me want to strangle them.

How do I stop myself from just destroying them? I'm trying to work as I type this but my rage is eating me alive.
>>
Gotta say OP, this doesn't bode well for running a business together.
>>
>>17908978

I can't quit. I've put too much into this now to just give up. Besides even if I decided to cut my losses my family would still be screwed and I'd be tossed out of the country.

I suppose my request for help should be better worded as how do we actually get some work done. I know if I give them more shit for not doing work it's only going to set us back further as my sister in particular has a tendency to fight to the last man even if she's in the wrong.
>>
It's you and then them. Not everyone or all of us. They see it as your plan so it's your shit. You are the one who they see as as the head guy planning everything and doing most of the work. They have responsibilities but they see it as tagging along.

They literally ditched their kids when they went to the store. If you had other obligations you needed to attend to you could have legally up and left right then but you chose to be to good guy and now you finish last.

These people are a duo. And then you. It's not all of us. It's them. And then you.

Look unless they went to Costco to get rice and beans they are just fucking themselves. Look at what their own expenses are. Do they really need to go out to get haircuts? Do they really need $3 boxes of cereal when they could spend $3 on a shit ton of beans? Are they really needing to drive everywhere?
They find extra security from you. They temporarily made you their guard dog. But the way they see it is that this isn't a problem. They're idiots.

Just keep doing the business shit and screw this two people on one person off type shit. You are seriously playing with fire and already got burned. Stop acting like they know what they are doing as a couple and as parents.
>>
>>17909032
no offense op but sounds like your business is set for failure. your partners are negligent and you need to set an ultimatum. also what is this business?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.