[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people say to get out more Why do people say this? Get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 3

File: 1482840335327.png (130KB, 500x450px) Image search: [Google]
1482840335327.png
130KB, 500x450px
>people say to get out more
Why do people say this?

Get out and do what?
Am I supposed to meet people at Wal-Mart or something?
I already have Internet and books and a forest I can hike in, what does going out have to offer other than costing gas money to go be alone in a different settings for a bit?

The only times I ever get out is if I need to go shopping or the extremely rare occasion I've been invited to do something by my friends. I can't even think of whatever else could be accomplished by "getting out more"
>>
>>17907644
you've missed the point entirely.
>>
>>17907650
Not OP but no he hasn't. The point of "going out" is to go have "fun" with OTHER PEOPLE. But when there's basically no other people in your life and their idea of fun is not your idea of fun, "going out" becomes this sort of meme everyone keeps repeating to you incessantly.
>>
>>17907690
Not OP but I have the same question.
>>
>>17907690
I don't even know what you'd do if you go out, it's not that I wouldn't enjoy it, it's that I have no idea what getting out would have to offer activity wise and the concept is basically foreign to me. Shopping or anything I do in town seems like they're terrible ways to meet people, because if your shopping bothering anyone else just seems rude.
>>
>>17907766
Because it IS rude. Would you like if a random ass dude would come to you while you were shopping, and wouldn't fucking let you go or shut up? I know I wouldn't like it at all and nobody would.

But normies don't understand that shit. They think that "going out" is simply "not staying at home" because they can't comprehend that shit. No normie EVER made friends while fucking shopping, yet if you have no other activities outside of your home, they can't understand that shit. They think you should only be "not at home" to make friends, while for us socially retarded people, it's not that easy when you have no connections and are not a social butterfly.
Seriously, fuck normalfags
>>
>>17907774
What can you do on your own then?

I mean there's like movies or resturants but neither of those seem like a good way to meet anyone, since you don't talk during movies and bothering other people eating seems significantly more rude than bothering people shopping.

Plus going out somewhere alone seems weird as fuck.
>>
>>17907644
>>17907690
well you're not going to make friends whining on /adv/ and biting the only hand that gave a shit enough to feed you.

get out. talk to people. start a fucking conversation with the person sitting right next to you in a coffee shop or bar. It's not that fucking hard.
>>
>>17907774
>going out = shopping
god, do you even read the shit that you post? you people are hopeless.
>>
>>17907802
>get out.
Out where?
>talk to people
Like what, just randomly talk to people? >start a fucking conversation with the person sitting right next to you in a coffee shop or bar
Wouldn't that be rude? I'm sure they have their own business to mind and don't want anyone bothering them. I haven't gone to the coffee shop at all other than when I used to go with the abusive bitch I dated in high school before she dumped me. I'm not even sure if my town has a bar, just liquor stores and normal resturants that serve alcohol.
Going to these places alone just seems weird.
>It's not that fucking hard
It's ridiculously hard.

>>17907807
What else is there to do in town? As I said >>17907789 I guess there's movies or resturants or whatever but those all seem like weird places to go alone and terrible places to try and talk to people.
>>
>>17907815
no, it's not rude to start a conversation with someone. most people aren't as inherently rude as you think they are. In places like stores or movie theaters it would usually not be a good idea to try and hold an hour long conversation, purely because the person has gone there for a very specific purpose, however, there are so many other places to find and meet people. how the hell do you think people start dating or simply being friends with someone?

you people are making way to big of a deal over something so normal. normal at least for someone who isn't addicted to browsing 4chan 24/7, it seems.
>>
>>17907824
I mean don't people go to resturants or coffee shops go for a specific purpose too? To eat/get coffee. At a resturant it seems extremely weird since they set you at your own little table, bothering people at a different table while they're trying to eat seems extremely rude.

>there are so many other places to find and meet people
Such as?

>how the hell do you think people start dating or simply being friends with someone?
I have no clue. Besides the small handful of people I've met online, one of whom I'd probably call my closest friends, everyone I've ever known I either met while I was in school or because they're relatives or friends of a relative. Now that I'm not in school anymore I don't know what to do at all. I'm going back to college in a few weeks when winter break ends but it's not really any better for meeting people than just staying at home.
>>
>>17907843
I'm in the same boat. I haven't met anyone since I started working 3rd shift alone for the last ten years. Sucks cause I used to be able to make girls like me all the time no problem but not anymore.
>>
>>17907843
how about the waiter/waitress at the restaurant? That's someone in contact with you for a good bit of the time you're at a restaurant. Try and get to know them, and eventually, if you talk to them long enough and enough times, they'll remember you. repeat this where ever you go and soon enough you're the talk of the town. I personally don't do this all that often, but my dad does this to almost every waiter/waitress (usually waitress :^)) he's given, now my dad, and by proxy of being my dad's son, are the talk of our town.

>such as?
literally anywhere. believe it or not, some people are just as lonely as you are, especially girls (surprisingly), and would love to talk to you.

you just need to believe in yourself, and to an extent, stop caring about everything (it certainly made it a lot easier for me).
>>
>>17907862
The server at the restaurant is paid to be nice to you. It's fake and you are an asshole for trying to initiate a relationship while she is trying to work.
>>
>>17907867
they are paid to be nice, yes, but many of them have genuinely become friends.

but you wouldn't know that because you'll never try and talk to people. you'll just be a sad little virgin trying to validate their own loneliness by lashing out at others who are more well off than you. I've tried all I can to help you, but you just don't really seem to want to be helped, despite being here.

take it or leave it, anon. you're the one who can change your own bitterness and loneliness, not me.
>>
>>17907862
>talk of the town

You're either actually autistic or live in some backwater shithole town that has a population of 17, 2 under the age of 50.
>>
>>17907862
This guy >>17907867 isn't the person you were responding to, I am, but I agree with him.
And it still requires going to a resturant alone. I feel awkward enough going to a fast food place alone, couldn't imagine an actual resturant where you have a server and everything.

>literally anywhere
That doesn't help. I need specifics. As I've stated the only reasons I go to town is shopping or if a friend invites me over for something. I eat and do everything else at home, and I live about 20 minutes drive away from town. It's not a place I live in, it's a place I occasionally visit.
>>
>>17907872
I'm not OP and I'm not a bitter virgin. But yeah I do need to try and talk to people more. I'm not lashing out at anyone. I fucking hate it when people bother me while I'm trying to work and I imagine most people are the same.
>>
>>17907875
neither. can't say the same for you, however.
>>
>>17907872
Not a virgin. I just haven't had a girlfriend since the abusive psychopath I dated in high school.
>>
>>17907877
>That doesn't help. I need specifics.
Look up your town on google. Look at your town's website. Look at current events coming up in the area? Nothing there? Think about the nearest city with a population in the 10000ish range or greater and try the same.

Go to one of the events. Maybe there are gatherings to make job connections. Maybe it's coffee. Maybe there's some kind of fundraiser auction type deal.
There are people there for the main intent of being social. Go be social with them.
>>
>>17907877
servers will only be as nice as you allow them to. They are required to be polite to customers, yes, but that doesn't mean you can't carry a conversation with them. Get to know them, it isn't illegal. It's not like they're required to forget who you are and anything they've talked to you about. Servers are people too, you know.

>fast food
completely rule this out. a vast majority of people who work in fast food are generally not the greatest people to talk to. I couldn't see myself picking up a girl who worked at mcdonalds. at least, not as a career. Higher end restaurants are what you would want to go for. and by higher end, I pretty much mean anything above fast food.

>I need specifics
Well, for starters, if you're looking to talk to girls, coffee shops are fucking great. Girls love coffee shops, so whether you're looking to meet one there, or looking for somewhere good to take a girl on a first date, a coffee shop works wonders. Any kind of place like a coffee shop would work, honestly. It's the lounge aspect of these places that separates them from somewhere like a store in terms of being good for talking to people. but seriously, you can talk to anyone in most any place as long as you can think of a good topic.

just drive downtown, and look for something to do. anything. even if it means just walking the streets or sitting in the park. eventually, a conversion will find you. make a habit of going downtown, even if it's 20 minutes from your house.
>>
>>17907909
This is a good post.
>>
>>17907897
>town's website
Huh. Didn't know that was a thing. All it shows is when city council meets and when city court is in session.

Then the next closest city is over half an hour away (to its city limits, not the center of the city) and they don't really have anything going on either. I guess a farmers market in May. Not much else.

>>17907909
I'm not saying I go to fast food places to look for women. I can just barely stand going there alone. It's just so awkward going and sitting down in place by yourself.

Going anywhere alone just seems weird and awkward. I'm afraid I might cry sitting alone in a booth at a resturant.

Is it normal to go to coffee shops alone? When my ex would take me to the one in our town it seems like everyone is always there as a group, it would be intrusive to try and talk to them. I'd just feel so weird.

>even if it's 20 minutes from your house.
More like 40 minutes. I usually only ever go to town if it's the only thing I have planned for the day because traveling takes so long. The town square isn't a particularly busy place either, I just feel like I'd just kind of awkwardly be sitting alone on a bench with no one else around.
>>
File: 1467288328363.jpg (14KB, 564x377px) Image search: [Google]
1467288328363.jpg
14KB, 564x377px
>>17907940
Not sure if sarcasm, but thank you none the less, anon. just trying to help people in a time when nobody would for me.
>>
>>17907957
Not sarcasm. That is the first helpful post in the entire thread. There's two of us here. I've kinda latched on to OP's thread and I'm monitoring it.

>>17907953
Yeah I can't go places alone either. It feels like everyone would consider me a loser for being there alone.
>>
>>17907971
well thanks anon. At least something is getting through to people.

and don't worry if people think you're a loser for going out alone. when he was in college, and fresh out of college living in a city in a state he had never lived in before, would go downtown by himself almost everyday, and met new people every time. Don't over think this. Besides, if you're specifically looking for girls to talk to, it's best that you go alone. going with groups of dudes can be very intimidating to them.
>>
>>17907992
Ok then. I'm going to sober up and just start going places alone and see what happens. Thanks bro.
>>
File: 1466286762923.gif (2MB, 500x390px) Image search: [Google]
1466286762923.gif
2MB, 500x390px
>>17907998
no problem. and hey, nobody said you had to sober up. After all, bars are great places for meeting people. It's the go to place people say when asked about where to meet people for a reason, you know.
>>
>>17907992
>>17907998
whoops, I was referring to my dad when I said "he." don't know why I forgot to mention that, lol.
>>
Do you use Facebook?
See if there are any upcoming events in your area.

Try taking a class -- cooking, yoga, Spanish, salsa dancing, whatever interests you. If you lean towards nerdier things, hang out at your local comic book shop on a gaming night. See if your local movie theater has a cult movie night.
>>
>>17908010
>Do you use Facebook?
No.

I've been meaning to check out the local gaming stores and comics shops. I've always had an interest in that kind of stuff but I've never been able to get into much due to living half an hour from the nearest one, living in a small isolated town and having an agoraphobic mother really put a hamper on these things.

Though for some reason I find it hard to believe there's any girls to find and a place that sells Warhammer models.
>>
>>17907824
>normal this normal that
>normal at least for someone who isn't addicted to browsing 4chan 24/7, it seems.
Yeah, not OP but right now I'd rather sit on my ass browsing 4chuns than meeting people like ya in real life. Thanks Obama, this thread makes me dislike "going out" even more.
>>
just throwing this out there, in terms of talking to girls, snapchat works wonders.
>>
>>17908042
>snapchat
>talking to girls
What?
>>
>>17908035
Go to a comic shop to make friends, not necessarily girls. From there, get invited to other shit. Parties, hiking trips, movie nights, whatever.

That's how you meet people. Girls included.
>>
>>17908048
girls practically use that to text instead of actually texting. It's strange, but they love it. and admittedly, I think it's kind of cute.
>>
OP, I don't think anyone is saying "get out more" if you're content doing your own thing at home, and walking in the forest or whatever. If you're not, then yes, "getting out" is important.

It sounds like you live in a pretty small place, so my mileage may vary for you, since I live in Las Vegas, but doing things alone is never a problem for me. I have my two regular bars, one near work, and one near home, where I go pretty frequently by myself. Over time, I've gotten to know the bartenders, many well enough that they're my friends outside of the workplace.

Knowing the bartenders well (plus never causing a scene, getting too drunk, and tipping well) gives me an opportunity to turn a conversation someone is having at the bar with the bartender into a conversation between all of us.

For example, today, I chimed in about what I thought the score of tonight's Orange Bowl was going to be. We talked about the game for a second, then about football in general, then sports... The next thing you know, we'd moved on to something about finance. It's a matter of just knowing no one really has the time to judge you, unless you're REALLY bothering them.

Hope that helped, maybe I can come back in a bit and talk about other places than bars.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.