[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to an anime convention without having people going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: anime expo[1].jpg (59KB, 462x225px) Image search: [Google]
anime expo[1].jpg
59KB, 462x225px
Should I go to an anime convention without having people going into it with me? I have gone to cons for a long time, but I have officially lost everyone I used to go with. I hear all the time "oh you can just meet people there!" but that never happens TO me (people joining you) and I don't know how to MAKE it happen (you joining others).

In short:
>are these worth going to without a group going in?
>if yes, how do I make one?

Also for consideration:
1. I'm male - let's not kid ourselves, if I was female my "loneliness" would be resolved within 10 minutes of arriving.

2. My "devotion" to anime is moderate at best, meaning I can't count on being happy engrossing myself in events the whole time.
>>
>>17906741
I'm essentially friendless and I do enjoy going to events and travelling by myself.

I went to fanexpo in Toronto alone this year and had a good time. I went to random dumb panels like a Sakura card captor voice actors Q&A and actually had a blast.

Point is with a group of friends your day is structured around them, when you go alone you're more likely to give in to whatever dumb shit sounds remotely interesting to you and there's no need to feel embarrassed.

Being out in public alone is still better than being alone in your room.
>>
>>17906756
I will add I did not meet people there, because like you my interest in those things is moderate at best. And I am extremely judgemental and not approachable.

That's just me though. I still had fun.

Seeing slutty cosplayers is always a big plus too
>>
>>17906741
I went to ny comic con alone at 2011. Fuck friends copped out last minute. I decided to go and just have a good time. I approached some people because i was trying to apply pua. But overall, it was pretty good, but sad i only had single day pass

As >>17906756 said, you do get alot of freedom. View it as a blessing or curse, just use it wisely. Just go! Theres plenty who are there alone as well, don't be a bigger pussy then them
>>
>>17906756
>>17906764
>>17906776
I appreciate the advice. Maybe I'll just hope the schedule is really good.

>don't be a bigger pussy then them
Might be a challenge.
>>
>>17906799
>>17906776
Yeah let's keep in mind that a good quarter of the attendees of these conventions don't even know how to bathe.

It doesn't seem like a crowd that would have a second thought about a guy being there alone.

Youll have fun, just go.
>>
>>17906741
I've been going alone for a couple years now. It's fun. I go to panels, I buy shit, I take pictures of cosplayers. I like it. I chat to people here and there, but I don't really make an effort to join them.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.