[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is rebounding healthy? I recently got very unexpectedly and unceremoniously

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: boomboom.jpg (29KB, 360x240px) Image search: [Google]
boomboom.jpg
29KB, 360x240px
Is rebounding healthy? I recently got very unexpectedly and unceremoniously dumped by someone I had fallen hard for and I feel like I need a distraction, preferably in the form of a series of one-time flings.

I'm just not sure that's the right way to go about this and I worry it might set me back even further in the coping process somehow. I'm still sort of in that place where no one feels like they measure up to him.
>>
>>17902784
No. It's vapid and indicative of poor coping abilities. Focus on something more constructive like your hobbies and professional growth. Flings and install will only make you feel hollow and even more lonely.
>>
>>17902792
what hobbies
>>
>>17902808
That is entirely up to you. Find something you're interested in and run with it. Put all of your energy into it that would otherwise be used looking for a quick fuck.
>>
>>17902808
There must be something you care about besides men
>>
>>17902850
Eh. I've been trying to get into trying my hand at standup but I'm not really in the right headspace for that right now.

I've been stuck in a sort of suffocating comfort zone for the last, maybe, ten years now, and I've barely done anything in this time aside from surf the internet mindlessly. I honestly don't know what I might like to do. The guy I was seeing was really active and was helping me come out of that bubble for pretty much the first time, but now most of the things I had fun doing with him just make me sad and now I'm falling back into old patterns.
>>
>>17902892
Ever heard of meetup? As the name suggests, it is a social gathering sight for people with like minded interests. You could join an improv or comedy meetup just to flex your social muscles and see what other aspiring comedians are like.
>>
>>17902892
It sounds like a cliche, but you should be single for a while and figure out how to be happy independently. No offense meant, but I had a girlfriend like you for a little over 2 years, and this was the thing that ended up ruining the relationship. If you're depending on him to be your only source of entertainment and inspiration, building your life around his interests - it's just too much. It got boring and stressful.

Relationships work best if both of you have your own independent interests & ambitions. You should be looking for someone to share your life with, not for someone to BE your life.

What was your best subject in school? Has there ever been anything where you've felt like you had a natural talent? What do other people compliment about you?
>>
>>17902925
I've gone to open mics in the area and they're sort of okay. My city doesn't have a great stand-up scene so my options for where to go are pretty meager and the people who frequent them aren't really my types of people. Plus none of my options jive with my new work schedule.

>>17902970
He wasn't really my only source of entertainment and inspiration, but he was really helping to motivate me into trying new things, something I've been too scared/unmotivated/unwilling/daunted by to do on my own.

I was pretty good at Spanish in high school, but I don't think anything foreign language-based is the direction I want to go in. It seems like most of the things I'm good at I'm not interested in pursuing and the things I'm interested in pursuing I'm not at all good at. People seem to find me funny (at least when I come out of my shell and I'm not being all mopey about boys).

Blah. I guess one thing I've learned from all this is that I probably wasn't really ready to get into a relationship after all.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.